Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ben Miller

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Marlion Pickett

Votes: 27 14.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Indeed. The only bigger inclusion was the other Richard. The legendary Richard Lounder. He kicked 4 in an early season win against North and I'm fairly certain that our season took a sharp nosedive the very next week or maybe the week after. I don't even think he touched the ball again let alone score.

There was an incident that really highlights how differently the game was officiated back then, albeit in a reserves match. It was a week or 2 before the North game and we were playing Footscray (we won easily, which is ironic given how our season turned to 💩 seemingly just as easily).

Lounder was yet to debut in the seniors and was resting at full forward near the end of the reserves game when he led out and marked on his chest only 15-20 metres out dead in front. As he was jogging to his mark (still with his back to goal) a dog's player came across to try and force the much, much bigger Lounder to go around him. RL, much to the delight of the all Richmond crowd at the Punt Rd end goals, simply (but forcefully) introduced his left elbow to the poor sod's jaw, knocking him out cold.

Result: The giant potato went back and calmly slotted the goal as the Dogs player was carried off. No report, not even a free against him for it, lol. From memory he made his career highlight debut against North the next week.

Wow, I hadn’t heard that story! But given that the guy’s number one attribute seems to have been his size (203 centimetres/116 kilos), I’m guessing the Footscray player wasn’t the brightest bulb in the pack. I think someone once opined that Lounder was just far too slow for AFL level (which makes you wonder why they couldn’t have figured that out before using the number one draft pick on him!).

I'll spew if he grabs it out of the ruck and snaps a goal. PLEASE HARDWICK INSTRUCT THE ENTIRE TEAM THAT SOMEONE NEEDS TO STAND ARMS LENGTH APART READY TO WRAP HIM UP THE SECOND HE SHOVES THE RUCKMAN AWAY START TO POUNCE.
Defences fall for it every time. It is frustrating but Nank worked it out last season.

Instead of getting into a wrestle with the strongest guy out there he stood back and jumped over him and it worked. Seems no one else learned from it but Nank and our coaches figured it out.

Wow, I hadn’t heard that story! But given that the guy’s number one attribute seems to have been his size (203 centimetres/116 kilos), I’m guessing the Footscray player wasn’t the brightest bulb in the pack. I think someone once opined that Lounder was just far too slow for AFL level (which makes you wonder why they couldn’t have figured that out before using the number one draft pick on him!).
Yeah, from what I recall if he didn't take a mark he was completely useless (apart from knocking out slow witted opposition defenders of course). Really, really slow. I can remember people referring to him as The Tree, such was his mobility.

I think his effort and heart are up there with anyone. It's easy to sh1t on someone like Taranto for disposals and turnovers which ya get when you're under pressure or scrapping on your knees and been working your arse off. Baker has a high butcher rate and is bung average skills wise and turns it over plenty of times under no pressure. People forget the day he signed his contract last year he backed it up by playing putrid the next 2 months. Also being captain of a big club like the Tigers involves plenty of off field stuff with big business, politicians, rich benefactors. Nothing against Baker (I'm assuming he was home schooled being so isolated and working on a farm) but he can barely string a coherent sentence together. Might as well get Bolton to same deal. To me Baker is a very good average player. He doesn't really hurt the opposition. I'm happy for Taranto to do it he leads by example, trains hard, plays well, durable, speaks well. Same as when Kane Johnson came their weren't many other options our list is now practically old, young and a very thin core who're at their peak in the 23-26 to group.
Baker is a good average player, that is so wrong. He gets himself out of situations that 90% of footballers would get caught in because he is so clean below his knees, then uses it very well. Would be top 5 easy in the B & F so far this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cameron gonna run rings around us
Young will be back and has not given any forward much room all year, hence the league' no.1 mantle for spoils and 1%ers. Broad gave Darling a bath on the weekend as well and of course there is still Grimes. All 3 can run as well. Cameron will get his fair share, but he shouldn't have a day out against good opponents.

Last edited:
Their defence is elite though and we struggle to score.

I'm worried about Hawkins and Cameron. They can potentially monster our backline.

Really need Young at least back to hold Hawkins - or at least make it hard - then between Balta and Broad to keep Cameron in some sort of control ....

So which Cat player is going to take out which Tiger this time?

We had Danger knocking Vlastuin out in the GF

Hawkins pushing Balta square in the back into Soldo, taking him out of footy for 18 months

Stewart absolutely taking Dions head off last year

The Cats have a real habit of injuring our players….
Turn the tables, send cotchin out to hunt. Cotchin can be quite dirty.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Young will be back and has not given any forward much room all year, hence the league' no.1 mantle for spoils and 1%ers. Broad have Darling a bath on the weekend as well and of course there is still Grimes. All 3 can run as well. Cameron will get his fair share, but he shouldn't have a day out against good opponents.
Cameron on fire all season, very mobile, working in a big space. Job load will be shared. Trouble is that if we put too much work into him others get of the chain.
If through the mids good work we are able to limit supply, we can cap the damage.

Oh, Jesus wept. Tough but not dirty.
Honestly, I would love to see a list of all the instances of Cotch being a sniper/dirty. I feel people are still just angry that he got off the Shiel bump in 2017 to play the grand final and that's all there is to it.
Things exploded again in the final against the saints over a tackle that slipped high. All the commentary around it was brought up again.

Genuinely have no idea where it all started though?

Back