Autopsy Roast & Toast vs Bulldogs & Changes for R10 vs Brisbane

Best on ground

• 1. N. Vlastuin

Votes: 85 87.6%
  • * Other

Votes: 12 12.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yze needs to put him in the backline ... can't have teams scoring 100+ points every week and keep the playing group invested in your game plan ... Samson Ryan, Coulthard and Cumberland have been hitting the scoreboard every week at VFL

IN Ryan, Coulthard, MacAuliffe
OUT Graham, MRJ, Banks
Sub - Pickett
Take it from me pal the oppo getting it in 50 double the number of x we do is more consequential than who plays FB

Take it from me pal the oppo getting it in 50 double the number of x we do is more consequential than who plays FB
We ain't fixing the midfield ... Nank is done ... and without Hopper or Taranto or Ross ... it is going to keep coming in that way ...

Because it is coming in double, who plays full back becomes twice as important ... Vlastuin needs some experienced help (Young and Miller have both played under 30 games and Brown is less than 10) makes a big difference to how many become goals and our ability to create offense from defence.

When things aren't going well you should put players back in their natural positions ... Short and Rioli were drafted forwards ... Balta and Baker are backs ... Miller and Browns footskills are the best way of exiting the back half

Rioli takes Banks spot on the wing Short takes MRJ spot at half forward - we need goal kicking - and these are two players who kick long goals

Baker, Vlastuin, Broad and Balta have played over 100 games together in that backline and how many premierships?

Now that most of you campaigners have finally jumped off, I'm jumping right back on.

This is what the club needed, a reality check that we need to invest in youth again just like we did 15 years ago. Keep some of the older players who have tasted success like Vlastuin, D.Rioli, Balta etc so they can instil what needs to happen off the field in development & training.

I feel that some of our older players are letting the young guys down, not all of them. Vlastuin has been what we need, Broad has mostly been good too. Bolton has his moments but when the going gets tough he tends to disappear.

Coach doesn't worry me as much as some of you chicken littles; he now finally understands our list isn't good enough so we will start seeing more kids played. Our VFL side is competing well, so I have no doubts about our development or even some of our younger players in the side. It's now up to our recruiting team to get it done, its game time now.

If anyone of our coaches need to be moved on its Teague & Rutten, been failed head coaches and aren't good enough, still think they are having some negative impact in our match committee selections.

I'm happy to sit stone motherless last the next 2 years so we can rebuild with some decent talent. You all have to remember where we came from, stop living in our recent glories that side is gone. Some of our supporters will lose their minds when we get belted more than we win.

As big Kev used to say:

"I'm excited"

Yze needs to put him in the backline ... can't have teams scoring 100+ points every week and keep the playing group invested in your game plan ... Samson Ryan, Coulthard and Cumberland have been hitting the scoreboard every week at VFL

IN Ryan, Coulthard, MacAuliffe
OUT Graham, MRJ, Banks
Sub - Pickett
Baker will come in.
And as an earlier poster said don’t be surprised to see Kmac and Grimes back.

We need to sack Meehan before worrying about anything else

could have 50 first round picks and it wouldn't matter if he's the one tending to them
I know Benny’s leaving, but gee he’s been quiet this year.

His thoughts on this and other matters would be interesting.

Surely it’s required from him to inform the fans and rebut some of the critics.

Baker will come in.

Well think of a couple of players to drop ... it can't be hard when you loose by 100

Kmac had the least touches on the ground in the VFL at half time ...

got 15 in the second half playing in the middle ... but ain't going to play there at AFL level? he plays centre instead of Pickett ... just stupidity

Well think of a couple of players to drop ... it can't be hard when you loose by 100

Kmac had the least touches on the ground in the VFL at half time ...

got 15 in the second half playing in the middle ... but ain't going to play there at AFL level? he plays centre instead of Pickett ... just stupidity
Yeah KMac I mentioned was terrible in the first half and then th last 15 min of the game. Had a 1.25 quarter game and still didn’t impress me bc I know what he’s dished up for the last two years. He’ll get left for dead at AFL level in the guts.
Dow, Mansell ,Short and Campbell take your pick. Campbell looked better , but still butchered it , but he wasn’t alone.

I'm happy to sit stone motherless last the next 2 years so we can rebuild with some decent talent. You all have to remember where we came from, stop living in our recent glories that side is gone. Some of our supporters will lose their minds when we get belted more than we win.

As big Kev used to say:

"I'm excited"
You had me listening until you said motherless last for two years ...

This year is due to injuries ... let's just make the most of our good draft picks this year ... sacrifice some goats at the end of the year ... or whatever you do for good luck and make a run at it next year.

Balta, Taranto, Hopper, Lynch (and probably Gibcus) are all A-graders bordering on elite talent ... we are not bloody North Melbourne or West Coast or Hawthorn ... we have a much better list than that

Yeah KMac I mentioned was terrible in the first half and then last 15 min of the game. Had a 1.25 quarter game and still didn’t impress me bc I know what he’s dished up for the last two years. He’ll get left for dead at AFL level in the guts.
Dow, Mansell ,Short and Campbell take your pick. Campbell looked better , but still butchered it , but he wasn’t alone.
We lost by 90 points ... drop all of them and bring in the rest of the VFL ... Smith Coulthard Ryan are all in very good form ... drop Nankervis too ... Naismith and Ryan couldn't do any worse ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You had me listening until you said motherless last for two years ...

This year is due to injuries ... let's just make the most of our good draft picks this year ... sacrifice some goats at the end of the year ... or whatever you do for good luck and make a run at it next year.

Balta, Taranto, Hopper, Lynch (and probably Gibcus) are all A-graders bordering on elite talent ... we are not bloody North Melbourne or West Coast or Hawthorn ... we have a much better list than that
Fair enough good call, I just think it will get worse before it gets better, this team relies on Tom Lynch way too much. We need 2 years of some solid draft talent to come in. I'm not sure this season alone is going to help fill all those list holes.

I think we just let him go and take the first rounder

lunacy to match a crazy offer for a 28 y o
I’ll agree to disagree. Prefer to hang on to a heart & soul premiership player popular within the group who could captain us for 5 years for a kid who potentially ends up akin to jarred Oakley-nicholls/Aaron Fiora/ty vickery, etc… prefer to trade others

I know Benny’s leaving, but gee he’s been quiet this year.

His thoughts on this and other matters would be interesting.

Surely it’s required from him to inform the fans and rebut some of the critics.
I just watched a video of him in 3121 talking about the development etc

Baker will come in.
This week chuck Bakes in the guts, Kmac to half back, Pickett to tag Lachie Neale, Rioli to a wing, Hugo the other wing, Shorty to half forward. Ryan forward to help Lefau and ruck chopout for Nank. Balta permanent forward. Coulthard in for injured Campbell. Maybe Kaleb Smith to debut. Help me out here guys and girls, I'm trying to throw around the magnets 🧲 🤪

Now that most of you campaigners have finally jumped off, I'm jumping right back on.

This is what the club needed, a reality check that we need to invest in youth again just like we did 15 years ago. Keep some of the older players who have tasted success like Vlastuin, D.Rioli, Balta etc so they can instil what needs to happen off the field in development & training.

I feel that some of our older players are letting the young guys down, not all of them. Vlastuin has been what we need, Broad has mostly been good too. Bolton has his moments but when the going gets tough he tends to disappear.

Coach doesn't worry me as much as some of you chicken littles; he now finally understands our list isn't good enough so we will start seeing more kids played. Our VFL side is competing well, so I have no doubts about our development or even some of our younger players in the side. It's now up to our recruiting team to get it done, its game time now.

If anyone of our coaches need to be moved on its Teague & Rutten, been failed head coaches and aren't good enough, still think they are having some negative impact in our match committee selections.

As big Kev used to say:

"I'm excited"
Pretty well said , it’s a fascinating stage and I’d love to know how Hartley is gonna approach it , we’re in good hands. The plan started last year adding currency , we have several options looming large that could add even more collateral and a new chum that we ll soon get a look how he goes about it at MSD ,,,,,it all can’t come soon enough , unfortunately this year is a shit sandwich we had to have and it will help us rather than hinder us going forward

Last edited:
Nank had 44 hitouts on the weekend to English 31. He's having a good year, but not his best game disposal wise.
Most of his hit outs went to the opposition and he continually fumbled the ball when he did lay hands on it. He had a shocker.

This week chuck Bakes in the guts, Kmac to half back, Pickett to tag Lachie Neale, Rioli to a wing, Hugo the other wing, Shorty to half forward. Ryan forward to help Lefau and ruck chopout for Nank. Balta permanent forward. Coulthard in for injured Campbell. Maybe Kaleb Smith to debut. Help me out here guys and girls, I'm trying to throw around the magnets 🧲 🤪
You can start by throwing McIntosh back to the VFL.

Pretty well said , it’s a fascinating stage and I’d love to know how Hartley is gonna approach it , we’re in good hands. The plan started last year adding currency , we have several options looming large that could add even more collateral and a new chum that we ll soon get a look how he goes about it at MSD ,,,,,it all can’t come soon enough , unfortunately this year is a s**t sandwich we had to have bad will help us rather than hinder us going forward
Just been reading the board lately and anyone would think we are doomed for another 37 years. We need new talent only way to do that is through the draft however I see real potential in some of our kids who some posters want to write off after 20 odd games or on the back of some poor games.
Also we still need to keep a good core of senior talent, I reckon we have that so talk of trading them for picks is a slippery slope.
I'm looking forward to seeing how it pans out, not many teams as you say had the privilege of starting the process early with getting all that currency.

Put your house on it tho.

Ross, has not stepped up this year. Sure he might get to 100. Will they be worth it ?

Gibcus has played 20 games in 3 years. At this rate he would need to play for 15 years to get to 100.

McAuliffe & T.Brown have shown absolute nada at senior level. Saying a bloke could play 100 based on VFL form is crazy. Based on that McBean could haev played 200.

MRJ - maybe, but i wouldn't put my house on it. And not convinced it would be a meaningful 100 games.

All your list does is underline how much of a homer you are. If even half the players on your list get to 100 its going to be because we spent 3/4s of a decade in the bottom 5. Most of them do not have the talent to play that many.

Dow - ffs. This guy plays 100 it will be a disgrace to the league & an argument against expansion. He is not AFL level. 26 games and about 2 of them at AFL level. Would not get a game anywhere else. Even Nth.

Bahaha …. T Brown has shown nada at senior level??. At least I now know you don’t watch the games, or perhaps don’t understand it. Maybe both.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Gotta laugh at people wanting big change. We lost 6 possibly 7 blokes to injury over the weekend. 4 in the seniors and 3 in the ressies. Our injury list is back up to 15 (possibly higher). There is no f......g way guys like Pickett will get dropped. K Mac and Baker are 2 straight back in. Coulthard hopefully as well.

Back