Autopsy Roast & Toast vs Essendon & Changes for R12 vs Geelong

Best 5 vs Essendon?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Look at the drongos picking on their usual whipping boys in Pickett and McIntosh who were in our best players and saying nothing about the major flop Tyler Sonsie.

Pickett and Macca were both good tonight - but it was their only good games of the season thus far. But they should both be retired off at years end regardless … we need to get much younger as a list and fast. Hugo hasn’t played enough (or played out of position) because Macca and Pickett’s names were staples on the wings for far too long.

As for Sonsie … he has played only 17 games. Most of them in a struggling team. Gotta keep persisting with him as much as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I see these not paid every single week. It's crazy the amount of times a player is asked 'stand' when a metre or two over the mark, as was the case here. Rarely ever paid 50m.. but different for a player in yellow and black.
To be honest I see terrible decisions made in many matches every weekend. Yes Richmond usually seems to cop it worse than everybody else but every team cops it. The umpiring is a disgrace because of their inconsistency and unconscious bias.

Came into this thread thinking my boy Sonsie was going to be crucified by all a sunder but surprised it was just the regular suspects who want his head regardless of performance.
For me, it was one of his worst performances of the year. Pains me to say it. He generally used it very well and his hands are elite but that's where the positives end. I'm not sure if this a directive from the coaching staff but he doesn't attack the footy if it's in a contest and will just skirt around the outside. I assume the aim is for him to get the pill fed to him on the outside but it doesn't look good by the eye test.
Early doors where he marked around 40 out, he should have gone back and took the shot. His kick to Dusty wasn't bad and I understand the decision but he is easily capable from that distance and he is in the forward line to get involved in scoring.
He is being played out of position so it is what it is. In my opinion he is at risk of getting dropped.

But before he gets dropped or anyone else for that matter, Short needs to be the first one cut. Holy shit he was horrendous.

Overall loved the effort. I was torn as my brain didn't want the win but my body language said something different as I was leaned in and riding every moment.
Loved seeing the GOAT back to his old self. That goal from 45 on the near wing was absolutely ridiculous and just reminds everyone how good he is.

Anyways, better signs and we move onto the Cats next week. My most hated team in the league.

Came into this thread thinking my boy Sonsie was going to be crucified by all a sunder but surprised it was just the regular suspects who want his head regardless of performance.
For me, it was one of his worst performances of the year. Pains me to say it. He generally used it very well and his hands are elite but that's where the positives end. I'm not sure if this a directive from the coaching staff but he doesn't attack the footy if it's in a contest and will just skirt around the outside. I assume the aim is for him to get the pill fed to him on the outside but it doesn't look good by the eye test.
Early doors where he marked around 40 out, he should have gone back and took the shot. His kick to Dusty wasn't bad and I understand the decision but he is easily capable from that distance and he is in the forward line to get involved in scoring.
He is being played out of position so it is what it is. In my opinion he is at risk of getting dropped.

But before he gets dropped or anyone else for that matter, Short needs to be the first one cut. Holy s**t he was horrendous.

Overall loved the effort. I was torn as my brain didn't want the win but my body language said something different as I was leaned in and riding every moment.
Loved seeing the GOAT back to his old self. That goal from 45 on the near wing was absolutely ridiculous and just reminds everyone how good he is.

Anyways, better signs and we move onto the Cats next week. My most hated team in the league.
sosnie will be our erin gulden

hats off to the sen commentators and sen sync. wont ever listen to the brainless flogs on 7 again 🖕🏻

sen was unbiased and called out all the soft frees to druggies and said druggies were getting the rub of the green all night

best call ive heard since clinton grybas

hats off to the sen commentators and sen sync. wont ever listen to the brainless flogs on 7 again 🖕🏻

sen was unbiased and called out all the soft frees to druggies and said druggies were getting the rub of the green all night

best call ive heard since clinton grybas
Are you saying that SEN was in sync with the TV?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Much to like about the system and the effort.

The execution at times, was a little slow, at times, lacking a little off resulting in turnovers. Was well explained by Silk and Watson in commentary. We have an very inexperienced mob, not expecting a well oiled machine at any time in this season.

Up to Oose, the coaches and senior boys to build up from here. Replace the injured only, build on the systems.

Let Cumbo know that he's got a gig as early as possible. Calm his farm. He'll need to be a good team member (goals, assists, tackles, pressure) on the runway in Round 12.

Back