Autopsy Roast & Toast vs Essendon & Changes for R12 vs Geelong

Best 5 vs Essendon?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Brown, is a guy who I’ve been really looking forward to watching this year , and I think he’s got a future as our distributor off hb, but he needs to play with a lot more intensity than he’s shown the last 3 weeks. Far too many occasions he’s spectating when he needs to be defending.
needs a rocket
Balta was worse both had 12 disposals but Noah had 7 turnovers and 7 pressure acts compared to Browns 3 turnovers and 10 pressure acts.

it was a good performance considering how many players we have out and how good Essendon have been. Have some perspective
Think they meant Essendon sre spuds, which is right

Tremendous fight Tigers!
Umpire's in clash uniforms yet a bloody gain.
Great experience for our younger players on the big stage.
Dreamtime is a fantastic concept invented by Nathan Bower who sold the idea to Sheeds.

Some real positives tonight…. and I’ll focus on the youngsters.

1. Lefau solid game … created spillages when he didn’t mark. Didn’t let McKay dominate the air. Kicked a couple.

2. Seth Campbell. Showed great hands a couple of times in the air. More than just an outside receiver … very confident we’ve got a good one in Seth.

3. Brown. Had some poor moments but a couple of times showed surprisingly good leg speed I didn’t know he had. High footy IQ and shows enough for me to know he’s got a great future.

4. Hugo. Showing great development. Will only get better as the team gets better. Proving all those who spent 2-years calling him Ralphsh*t wrong.

5. Green. Great signs to get 6 touches and 4 marks in 16-minutes of footy. Peeled off a nice kick through the middle. Early days, but doesn’t look out of place thus far.

6. McCauliffe. I think we should be very excited. Back to back very solid games for a 4-gamer. Got some great assets to be a gun but was clearly out of gas late. 16 touches at 81% and only played 66% game time. He will be a deadset beauty this kid.

7. Sonsie. I think he more than anyone will benefit from playing alongside bulls like TT and Hopper. He’s pretty timid in the contest and not sure he has the tools to be a really good player with that downside (Naicos is timid as well, but has elite everything else). The jury is out but I’d like to be seeing more from Sonsie… has time on his side and need to keep giving him games.

8. Dow. Cops a really tough time on BF. Was good overall tonight. Still played less than 30-games. His athleticism is better than it looks, he just needs to learnt to be more aggressive forward and not circle back. Thats coaching and confidence. Doing enough at this stage of his development to show he’s got a future IMO as his best footy is still ahead of him.

9. Ryan. He will never be a forward. We need to rely on him as a primary ruck. I’m still confident he will be a player, but unfortunately he still just never looks like clunking marks at AFL level. Needs to improve and I think he will, as not ready for AFL as yet.

10. Cumbo. Unfortunately zero footy IQ … how can a forward not know if you’re not in the marking contest you must stand the mark at 9m and won’t be warned to go back? His decision making and disposal is just next level haphazard - the team cannot have someone just firing kicks and handballs like a 7yo after too many raspberry cordials.. He provides energy and can be a threat, but his opponent was BOG tonight and he went goalless. When he is involved in the play I have zero confidence Cumbo has any idea what he is doing. It’s really hard to see him being a player in the future if he can’t slow down his brain and become a lot more vanilla. At the moment it doesn’t cost us as we’re already really sh*t. But when we get back to being a decent team, his errors will be really costly. Happy to give him the rest of season to earn a contract. At the moment he’s a delist, but there’s time.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Came into this thread thinking my boy Sonsie was going to be crucified by all a sunder but surprised it was just the regular suspects who want his head regardless of performance.
For me, it was one of his worst performances of the year. Pains me to say it. He generally used it very well and his hands are elite but that's where the positives end. I'm not sure if this a directive from the coaching staff but he doesn't attack the footy if it's in a contest and will just skirt around the outside. I assume the aim is for him to get the pill fed to him on the outside but it doesn't look good by the eye test.
Early doors where he marked around 40 out, he should have gone back and took the shot. His kick to Dusty wasn't bad and I understand the decision but he is easily capable from that distance and he is in the forward line to get involved in scoring.
He is being played out of position so it is what it is. In my opinion he is at risk of getting dropped.

But before he gets dropped or anyone else for that matter, Short needs to be the first one cut. Holy s**t he was horrendous.

Overall loved the effort. I was torn as my brain didn't want the win but my body language said something different as I was leaned in and riding every moment.
Loved seeing the GOAT back to his old self. That goal from 45 on the near wing was absolutely ridiculous and just reminds everyone how good he is.

Anyways, better signs and we move onto the Cats next week. My most hated team in the league.
He's no good mate. How long has he been here? 3 years ? He's too small and offers nothing to the team. You might have to admit that you were wrong about him. Tom Brown and Seth Campbell are good players, but Sonsie is an overated draft miss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some real positives tonight…. and I’ll focus on the youngsters.

1. Lefau solid game … created spillages when he didn’t mark. Didn’t let McKay dominate the air. Kicked a couple.

2. Seth Campbell. Showed great hands a couple of times in the air. More than just an outside receiver … very confident we’ve got a good one in Seth.

3. Brown. Had some poor moments but a couple of times showed surprisingly good leg speed I didn’t know he had. High footy IQ and shows enough for me to know he’s got a great future.

4. Hugo. Showing great development. Will only get better as the team gets better. Proving all those who spent 2-years calling him Ralphsh*t wrong.

5. Green. Great signs to get 6 touches and 4 marks in 16-minutes of footy. Peeled off a nice kick through the middle. Early days, but doesn’t look out of place thus far.

6. McCauliffe. I think we should be very excited. Back to back very solid games for a 4-gamer. Got some great assets to be a gun but was clearly out of gas late. 16 touches at 81% and only played 66% game time. He will be a deadset beauty this kid.

7. Sonsie. I think he more than anyone will benefit from playing alongside bulls like TT and Hopper. He’s pretty timid in the contest and not sure he has the tools to be a really good player with that downside (Naicos is timid as well, but has elite everything else). The jury is out but I’d like to be seeing more from Sonsie… has time on his side and need to keep giving him games.

8. Dow. Cops a really tough time on BF. Was good overall tonight. Still played less than 30-games. His athleticism is better than it looks, he just needs to learnt to be more aggressive forward and not circle back. Thats coaching and confidence. Doing enough at this stage of his development to show he’s got a future IMO as his best footy is still ahead of him.

9. Ryan. He will never be a forward. We need to rely on him as a primary ruck. I’m still confident he will be a player, but unfortunately he still just never looks like clunking marks at AFL level. Needs to improve and I think he will, as not ready for AFL as yet.

10. Cumbo. Unfortunately zero footy IQ … how can a forward not know if you’re not in the marking contest you must stand the mark at 9m and won’t be warned to go back? His decision making and disposal is just next level haphazard - the team cannot have someone just firing kicks and handballs like a 7yo after too many raspberry cordials.. He provides energy and can be a threat, but his opponent was BOG tonight and he went goalless. When he is involved in the play I have zero confidence Cumbo has any idea what he is doing. It’s really hard to see him being a player in the future if he can’t slow down his brain and become a lot more vanilla. At the moment it doesn’t cost us as we’re already really sh*t. But when we get back to being a decent team, his errors will be really costly. Happy to give him the rest of season to earn a contract. At the moment he’s a delist, but there’s time.

cumbo strikes me as the kid that would carve up junior footy every weekend but at training you'd set the group a basic drill and he'd just stand there with nfi what to do.
don't think you can rely on him to follow any kind of gameplan or instruction because as soon as he crosses that white line he just plays footy. were trying to teach a dog mathematics.

cumbo strikes me as the kid that would carve up junior footy every weekend but at training you'd set the group a basic drill and he'd just stand there with nfi what to do.
don't think you can rely on him to follow any kind of gameplan or instruction because as soon as he crosses that white line he just plays footy. were trying to teach a dog mathematics.

What’s clear is that no one on our team has any idea what the he’s going to do. They are all flat flooted when he takes off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn't clean with his ball use at all, but led the team for pressure acts and second for tackles. That's significant for him.
Tackles/ pressure was good from Cumbo..which often benefits his teammates …Cumbos composure is lacking…but that’s a confidence thing

Maggots missed a blatant free to him when he was felled after he kicked for goal…clear free…not to us though

Tackles/ pressure was good from Cumbo…composure lacking…but that’s a confidence thing

Maggots mis a blatant free to him when he was felled after he kicked for goal…clear free…not to us though
wasnt half obvious the message from scotty at 3/4 time. attack the man. the fact they need to employ such desperate tactics against a team of kids on 1 win is hilarious.

Other teams they blow the whistle and ask them to come back 2 meters (as we saw with 1 min left). Not pay 50m straight away.

Just like every week for us

Last week DN Rioli copped a 50m penalty for absolutely nothing…the contact was in the contest not afterwards

Our 50 m penalty was called advantage ffs…

We are adjudicated differently to everyone else

He's no good mate. How long has he been here? 3 years ? He's too small and offers nothing to the team. You might have to admit that you were wrong about him. Tom Brown and Seth Campbell are good players, but Sonsie is an overated draft miss.
Mate, the amount of horrific opinions you've had along the journey means that I take this one with a grain of salt also.
I hope he proves you wrong, not like you'd ever admit you're wrong though.

Our aerobic capacity is sub par, work rate dropped in that last

We play a game that requires crazy effort to stay in given all the intercept marks we concede. We slowed them down quite well but eventually we have to tire. There really isn't much we can do about it, often we have to avoid kicking it long and try and run it in further, but even that tires us out and eventually breaks down. We still look better with Balta back, but we arent stopping the intercept marks until Lynch comes back, if he comes back. It also means if we are slightly off energy wise we are going to get buried.

How was Cumberland so accurate and clean in those first 8 games before the Brisbane final? Since then he shanks everything. I guess similar happened to Stack where he was so well balanced in his first season, then would slip over 10 times a game after that.

I really don't see it with Ryan, but we really have no other talls going forward the next few seasons so he's going to get every opportunity to make it.

Campbell was great, back to early season form, maybe just needed a break and should have been rested earlier.

Sonsie I'm not really sure about. Hugo, Dow and McCauliffe were good.

Tom Brown battling a bit, kid has played 8 in a row, maybe needs a rest.

Back