Autopsy Roast & Toast vs Essendon & Changes for R12 vs Geelong

Best 5 vs Essendon?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Except Castagna was a 100 gamer or thereabouts when he started stinking it up.

You all wanted him to fix the defensive side of his game (like castagna). Well he has.

Just need the offensive side to improve. Playing on one of the better defenders in the comp whose 195cm was always going to be rough. If we had 2 genuine talls in the fwd line he would be playing on someone his size and probably less established.
just got me looking at Round 1 2017 forward line. 2 KPFs. Caddy & Martin. Rioli had a season in him Butler & George virtual debuts.
LLoyd on the bench. New assistants off field.

Castagna 2 goals 4, 3 marks 18 pressure acts. George and the 2 Dans kicked a goal a game all year too....

2022 still trying George & Aarts & a good debut from MRJ. Cumbo's debut also wasn't bad. albeit inaccuate and in Dusty's injury absence.

2023 Mansell takes Georges spot. Dusty/Prestia/Graham take Cumbos spot.

2024 Green in the preseason, Mansell, when fit plays, MRJ, Campbell.

in a injury ravaged season Combo can't get a game. Comes in for record beltings.

Selectors have busted their balls to play Graham & Mansell. Graham with an obvious fail... some extra caution maybe saves Noah

I was at the game and couldn’t see what the 50 against Bolton was for. Did any commentator say what it was for.

Looking at twitter. Hugo actually puts his hands up to stands the mark. Bolton comes in quick & sends Hugo off and stands 2 metres ahead of the mark.

Dunno if the ump was giving him instructions or not.

Last edited:

Two weeks in a row that's happened to Vlastuin. I would seriously forgive him if he got up and put one on the campaigner's chin.

Maybe wait until he's about to retire, lol.

I just hope it does not affect his health after he retires, or it leads to an early retirement. But if it does, I hope he sues the shit out of the AFL - he has A LOT of video evidence. SFA "duty of care" from the umpires. More interested in pinging him for HTB than discouraging dangerous tackles.

He needs to throw his head back like Ginnivan or Merrett...

Well said im surprised some posters dont get it that ridley is taller and much bigger than Cumbo. A very experienced Backman. Now had lynch and Balta been up forward maybe Cumbo has a smaller match up like last week v lions and have a similar game.

I disagree, I think all teams will look to play their best interceptor on Cumberland now after yesterday. So he is going to have to work with that regardless of whos back. Now if he kicks those 2 goals he really should have kicked, his game would look a lot better. But he didn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone thats blaming Cumbo for tonight loss GAGF
You absolute peasant knee jerk reaction ****s!
My view is the jury is still out on him
He did some good things tonight and some dumb stuff as well
He seems to panic when he gets the ball this could be due to lack of consistency in the ones
My thoughts are to play him for another 4-6 weeks to work out whether we persist with him or move him out
Frustrating cause I think he can play

Pickett and Macca were both good tonight - but it was their only good games of the season thus far. But they should both be retired off at years end regardless … we need to get much younger as a list and fast. Hugo hasn’t played enough (or played out of position) because Macca and Pickett’s names were staples on the wings for far too long.

As for Sonsie … he has played only 17 games. Most of them in a struggling team. Gotta keep persisting with him as much as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I agree future is in the young players but Kamydn really tried hard tonight
Just get Pickett to 100 games

I disagree, I think all teams will look to play their best interceptor on Cumberland now after yesterday. So he is going to have to work with that regardless of whos back. Now if he kicks those 2 goals he really should have kicked, his game would look a lot better. But he didn't.
With his kicking skills he’d need 23 attempts to kick 2G , last night wasnt his first rodeo

Hawks are about to win, West Coast are very good at home. It's possible we can afford to win up to 6 games and get pick 2. But let’s wait until we win again before we worry about that.

Yep, agreed.

I read the Geelong board to see what they think about this coming week. For such an arrogant bunch who think we are trash, interestingly they are all hoping Bolton will miss the game.

I think we’ve mentally scarred them for life 🤣. Would be great if we beat them at home 🤞

Yep, agreed.

I read the Geelong board to see what they think about this coming week. For such an arrogant bunch who think we are trash, interestingly they are all hoping Bolton will miss the game.

I think we’ve mentally scarred them for life 🤣. Would be great if we beat them at home 🤞

We aren't winning without Bolton. Geelong feed off intercept marks better than most teams, especially on the narrow ground. We arent going to be able to stop it. We will be back to our 5-6 goals for the match and we will lose by 10+ goals the next 2 games. Dusty will have to be rested for the crows game as well to play 300 at the G.

Weve played well against Carlton, Melbourne and Essendon, all 3 games had a massive crowd. We did similar last year. We arent bringing the same energy to other games.

We aren't winning without Bolton. Geelong feed off intercept marks better than most teams, especially on the narrow ground. We arent going to be able to stop it. We will be back to our 5-6 goals for the match and we will lose by 10+ goals the next 2 games. Dusty will have to be rested for the crows game as well to play 300 at the G.

Weve played well against Carlton, Melbourne and Essendon, all 3 games had a massive crowd. We did similar last year. We arent bringing the same energy to other games.

Never say never, people thought we’d get flogged by the Bombers.

Cats midfield is one of the worst in the league. This gives us a huge shot.

I agree future is in the young players but Kamydn really tried hard tonight
He's had a lot of criticism (warranted), but I thought he was okay last night. It was easily his best game for the year.

If Mansell is back he should get the match up on Stewart again
Held him pretty well last time from memory
Hopefully he can do the same

Back