Autopsy Roast & Toast vs Essendon & Changes for R12 vs Geelong

Best 5 vs Essendon?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Cats midfield is one of the worst in the league. This gives us a huge shot.
If we can be even halfway smart bringing the ball into the forward line, we're a massive chance. Geelong are sliding down the ladder fast.

Yep, agreed.

I read the Geelong board to see what they think about this coming week. For such an arrogant bunch who think we are trash, interestingly they are all hoping Bolton will miss the game.

I think we’ve mentally scarred them for life 🤣. Would be great if we beat them at home 🤞
We only beat them in finals.

Scott coached to our weaknesses.
A 6”5 back flanker 1st game back from a quad injury best on.

If Kosi can play back maybe we can release Brown to play a similar role or Balta can free wheel a bit more?
Yze needs to keep trying things, jagging wins with a makeshift lineup trying capture the glory days game plan or doing the same ole same ole isnt what we need for the future.
He has to find a few things that hasn’t been done before or worked before.

Hope Yze finally has leanrt (like all of us here on bigfooty did years ago) that Balta in the forward line is a dumb as shit idea
Agree and disagree.
He can be great down back, (thankfully no brain farts last night) but he is also currently our second best forward to Lynch.
As Yze said in his presser, would be nice to have two of him.

Yep, agreed.

I read the Geelong board to see what they think about this coming week. For such an arrogant bunch who think we are trash, interestingly they are all hoping Bolton will miss the game.

I think we’ve mentally scarred them for life 🤣. Would be great if we beat them at home 🤞
our best 22 under yze would flog them by 10 goals right now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he brought it to ground well. didn't see an interceptor get a mark with him in the vicinity. wasn't as bad as people are saying, didnt get much tog.
Just not strong enough in the air. Yes brought the ball to ground, but he should be holding some of those marks, not just bringing them to ground if he is going to make it at AFL level.
I would say runs around like a headless chook, but more like a baby giraffe that's lost its mum. Perhaps we can hold judgement on that until he plays a few games in a row, if given the chance.

delist cumbo and ryan now. short needs to be dropped. he’s only got one thing going for him and that’s a king kick and he kicks to the opponent all the time. dusty telling him of after the game. macca had a dip as did most. keep playing kids. why don’t they play sonsie on the ball??
I saw Balta tearing strip's off him at one stage. Bombed it down the line whe he had the switch to Balta then Miller on.
Balta had been screaming for the ball.

Agree and disagree.
He can be great down back, (thankfully no brain farts last night) but he is also currently our second best forward to Lynch.
As Yze said in his presser, would be nice to have two of him.
happy for ooze to keep experimenting we need to find the right mix, injuries have turned us from a 5th to 10th side in march into a bottom 3 side, we needs to play like men possessed for Dusty's 300th, others can be practice matches as far as I'm concerned.

AFL made the rules where you can have an honourable loss and it can be much more beneficial than a worthless 4 points once finals are out of reach.

the thought of marlion pickett or mykelti lefau getting 4 weeks for an old fashioned slightly late 'shirt front' and putting tom stewart on a stretcher in the first quarter also appeals to me

My view is the jury is still out on him
He did some good things tonight and some dumb stuff as well
He seems to panic when he gets the ball this could be due to lack of consistency in the ones
My thoughts are to play him for another 4-6 weeks to work out whether we persist with him or move him out
Frustrating cause I think he can play
Yeah 100% agree with you

Scott coached to our weaknesses.
A 6”5 back flanker 1st game back from a quad injury best on.

If Kosi can play back maybe we can release Brown to play a similar role or Balta can free wheel a bit more?
Yze needs to keep trying things, jagging wins with a makeshift lineup trying capture the glory days game plan or doing the same ole same ole isnt what we need for the future.
He has to find a few things that hasn’t been done before or worked before.
backline of:
bauer kosi brown
smith miller vlastuin

rioli to wing, short to vfl, broad to bench

something like that, has a good balance of size, marking prowess and rebound capability

would be playing balta as ruck/forward having him up the ground involved in aerial contests where oppo have been able to pluck marks at will as of late.

backline of:
bauer kosi brown
smith miller vlastuin

something like that, has a good balance of size, marking prowess and rebound capability

would be playing balta as ruck/forward having him up the ground involved in aerial contests where oppo have been able to pluck marks at will as of late.
It’s be good to see Bauer get a kick anywhere to be honest.
Could say that for Kosi as well but that kids been unlucky.

I’m starting to think Lefau and Balta are pretty similar up fwd, it’d be great to else Lynch play alongside em with Balta drifting in as a Ruck.
Bulldogs fwds killed us with their height

Also really like to see the Brown laser missile going I50

backline of:
bauer kosi brown
smith miller vlastuin

I thought Millers game very good. Often manoeuvres his opponents out of position and just needs an intercept defender to work with. Bauer or Gibcus would be ideal pairing for Miller. Young was too similar to Miller and Grimes is probably past it now . Maybes Kosi could fill the role of intercept defender. Worth a try and free Balta up to play forward.

I thought Millers game very good. Often manoeuvres his opponents out of position and just needs an intercept defender to work with. Bauer or Gibcus would be ideal pairing for Miller. Young was too similar to Miller and Grimes is probably past it now . Maybes Kosi could fill the role of intercept defender. Worth a try and free Balta up to play forward.
Not sure why people are pushing up Kosi from what I’ve seen so far he is an average vfl player but happy to be proven wrong

How do you turn the ball over 8 times out of 20 and still have a 71% efficiency? Lol

i think it's something like if you kick it over a certain distance to a 50/50 it counts as an effective disposal even if the other team wins the 50/50, but those would count as turnovers?

Back