Autopsy Roast & Toast vs GWS rd9 & Changes for Brisbane rd10

Best Players vs GWS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toby Nankervis, Richmond, has been charged with Striking Jesse Hogan, GWS GIANTS, during the second quarter of the Round Nine match between Richmond and the GWS GIANTS, played at Marvel Stadium on Saturday May 15, 2021.

In summary, he can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Careless Conduct, Low Impact, Body Contact. The incident was classified as a $3000 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.

why didn't Hogan get fined for staging

You are correct - Lynch is carrying the forward line. Even with his form not being great, way too much is expected of him to make it be effective.
They’re doing one thing right jack and lynch , at a minimum squaring the contest , in sec half can only recall two d50 intercept marks against us , very late was it Taylor over lynch , good one, and Buckley a good mark over jack, the rest were fought to ground. So ✔️ for that but nowhere near enough marks i50 that’s why we need to roll dice with CCJ and try spread defence further see if it helps

Bloody oath it is,Hocking will be studying last night's game and trying to invent some new rules.
Metro even played their grand final by interrupting all the train lines at the time of our game.
The bloody timekeeper took 500 years to blow the final siren.

#weareeveryonesgrandfinal
Surprised Hocking hasn’t ordered Dusty rubbed out 10 weeks and a granny for umpire being in the way of his goal kicking and that Richmond fans be barred from attending games for not appreciating the toy box Marvel.

Surprised Hocking hasn’t ordered Dusty rubbed out 10 weeks and a granny for umpire being in the way of his goal kicking and that Richmond fans be barred from attending games for not appreciating the toy box Marvel.
He's already working on the charge Bringing the game into disrepute by interfering with an umpire. Stay tuned.

Fair enough. I reckon he knows he’s on his last legs. A fourth club won’t touch him so he’d be pretty desperate to pull his head in and prove himself. I’d back our

Purple on TFS was saying it was a free kick to Greene. Of course Cornes agreed.

Speaking of such shame not trading caddy last window.

Naish looks promising enough to be a wing option plus ralphsmith.

Stack. New Rioli. Dow etc. Forward options

Not very moneyball

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They’re doing one thing right jack and lynch , at a minimum squaring the contest , in sec half can only recall two d50 intercept marks against us , very late was it Taylor over lynch , good one, and Buckley a good mark over jack, the rest were fought to ground. So ✔ for that but nowhere near enough marks i50 that’s why we need to roll dice with CCJ and try spread defence further see if it helps

Agree we need to bring CCJ in. Jack's experience shone through in the last, but he really did very little for 3 quarters. His form has really dropped off recently & its really concerning. We very well could be watching the last hurray for our bookends.

Being able to squeeze out that win was so massive - it means the club can go into the game with the Lions with a "nothing to lose" ethos & should hopefully give thtem the freedom to bring CCJ in alongside Lynch & Jack.

Not sure if the forward line can function with Jack, Lynch and CCJ though - which realistically means that if CCJ does have a blinder, more tough decisions loom. Jack cant influence a game unless he is kicking goals and marking atm. Just finished watching the game and he was non existent for 3 quarters.

Re-watching the match, I completely believe Dusty is our next Captain, its the role he might not really want, but he is born to have. I would actually love to see Jack pass the Vice captaincy over to him mid-week, Dusty should be captaining the team in Cotchin's absence

Rewatching the game, * me the umpiring was bad. In the last quarter there was some howlers - the holding the ball against RCD, the high against Naish, the Holding the ball against Mansell - among others. Only when the crowd took over did it stop.

Thought the tackle prior to that was like a pile drive of grimes into the dirt, surely a dangerous tackle

The no free call on that one makes a mockery of the "sheppard / tunnelling" free they gave against us. Both players were "in the air" & i definitely know which one was considerably more "dangerous"

Flog Barret wants a free for Toby Greene when Greene is wrestling with Grimes in a marking contest and not facing the ball. SALT levels at extreme!

What happened to front on contact, is that another rule that doesn’t apply for us?

The no free call on that one makes a mockery of the "sheppard / tunnelling" free they gave against us. Both players were "in the air" & i definitely know which one was considerably more "dangerous"
Another rule that doesn’t apply to us, like high tackle, hub, incorrect disposal etc etc etc

FMD do you only post negative sheet?

Why don't you read all my post ever and get back to me and let me know.

Considering 85% of the post here are pure fanboy love-fest circle-jerks, someone writing on the areas where we can improve is not such a bad thing.

RCD, Naish & Ralph-Smith all look to be capable players who can come into our starting 18 and stay there & that needs to happen. For it to happen, we need to accept that these players are likely passing some of the blokes we all love as their time is at an end. You can't have "new kids" come in without some old blokes going out - reality sucks, but you will get used to it.

I did wonder that but I'm not convinced. I think he's carrying a case of the goal kicking yips. 1.4 becomes 4.1 and he's fine. TBH has always looked unco even when he rips sides to bits.

he needs to start belting campaigners each week again

Why don't you read all my post ever and get back to me and let me know.

Considering 85% of the post here are pure fanboy love-fest circle-jerks, someone writing on the areas where we can improve is not such a bad thing.

RCD, Naish & Ralph-Smith all look to be capable players who can come into our starting 18 and stay there & that needs to happen. For it to happen, we need to accept that these players are likely passing some of the blokes we all love as their time is at an end. You can't have "new kids" come in without some old blokes going out - reality sucks, but you will get used to it.
Nice meltdown
Thanks for the enlightenment

someone was mentioning Tom Green from GWS in the first half and that’s why we’ll fall off a cliff bc we don’t have access to top 10 talent like that for the past 5-6 seasons. Couldn’t disagree more. Bolton and Balta are as talented and as exciting as any top 10 players of their vintage, and you can add Baker and RCD to that as well. Just wait till Dow cuts his teeth in this side, Naish and Hugo showing some real good signs as well, we have stackman on the way back - We’re not falling off no cliff! The kids just need to play and we’ll look back at this period thankful the MC’s hand was forced

Fair, but we need to get creative about how we can get some top end talent, not always has to be done via the draft.

I think with the money we free up with the likely retirement of Cotchin, Riewoldt, Astbury & Houli at years end, we should use that to go after Cerra. A 22 year old inside midfielder who can play wing as well is exactly what we need.

Get him in & go to the draft with the most top 30 picks we have had for a fair while & we will be well placed.

Nice meltdown
Thanks for the enlightenment

Thanks for taking the time to make the comment, really added a lot to the convo. Maybe next time add something in their about Richmond instead of playing the man - post like this really add nothing to the forum. At least i take the time to make sure what i am writing is actually relevant to footy, not just some personal poster bitchin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back