Player Watch Rory Sloane - Re-Signed for 2024

Should Rory Sloane retire or play on in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I think there's a slim chance that if we were 3-3 or something Sloane would come back. As it is it seems very unlikely he will ever play again to me. He may get a non-playing send-off at a home game.

Yeah I think there's a slim chance that if we were 3-3 or something Sloane would come back. As it is it seems very unlikely he will ever play again to me. He may get a non-playing send-off at a home game.

He does deserve that for his years of service.

Yeah, not worth the risk, for him or the club.

Maybe Sloane and Smith can both retire mid-season and have a joint send off when we can all thank them for their great performances for the club over many years (and let's not forget that for a long time they were both great players for us).

Perhaps Ned McHenry could retire at the same time so we can also thank him for.... whatever he did.

Yeah, not worth the risk, for him or the club.

Maybe Sloane and Smith can both retire mid-season and have a joint send off when we can all thank them for their great performances for the club over many years (and let's not forget that for a long time they were both great players for us).

Perhaps Ned McHenry could retire at the same time so we can also thank him for.... whatever he did.
I picked the end of May home game so that we can adjust for the MSD

But yeah I can see us waiting till the MSD is done before doing clever list management stuff - you know the basics

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we'll actually use the midseason draft and available spots. Just to boost our SANFL stocks and try to paint a rosier picture of the rebuild on track
Was just thinking the same thing.

we could use it for a Ruckman to develop, but we could just get a guy to play SANFL.

Reckon he's more likely to stay in SA. Unless he moves for a coaching gig.
Sad to see him go out this way. Been a great player and loyal to us.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm not disputing that but in the best interests of his health it is time to retire.

Ok I concede the club may well be doing what is best for Rory and we have asked him to retire and to be given a send off

Knowing we are a club who like our endorphin rush and set up PR spin opportunities quicker than a hula hoop champion

Going back to Nicks extension announcement and doing it before our first home game we do like home game rushes

We also need a boost in crowd numbers after we are in a big hole at 2-6 and with Brisbane to come

I will suggest we wont choose a Showdown as the crowd will turn up to that - next home game Brisbane - thats a possible loss so no

Home game v West Coast would be the perfect time - we could be 2-8 and in need of a rush

Rory to retire and do the Toyota run v West Coast

Rory is in full contact training, doing all sessions. At least the ones where he doesn’t have a luncheon to attend.

Back