• Footy Classified

Votes: 29 18.0%
  • Back to St Kilda

Votes: 29 18.0%
  • Assistant coach to Justin Longmuir

Votes: 7 4.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In fairness, he did not deserve the sack and is a decent enough coach! However, he is certainly no Ross. I back Ross in whether or not this Carlton rumour ends up being true.
He will be a good fit but there is question marks over his want to be at the blues due the treatment of SOS.
But with Clarkson the market I would be throwing it all at him if I’m a blues person.

Clarkson
Ross Goldcoast

He will be a good fit but there is question marks over his want to be at the blues due the treatment of SOS.
But with Clarkson the market I would be throwing it all at him if I’m a blues person.

Clarkson
Ross Goldcoast
It’s an interesting one! I would love either of the coaches and really, desperately hope Carlton don’t bottle this should they go down the path of sacking Teague. Too many good coaches in the market to excusably get this wrong.

He oversaw the decimation of what culture that club had on his watch. drugs and all. So many talents under-performed.

GWS did the right thing grabbing Sheedy, to help develop a culture, but that has dwindled away since he left.
Give it a rest.
Sheedy was senile.
Any sports club on the GC will have a culture issue.
It's inevitable and much bigger than the coach.

Haven't the Clarkson sweepstakes sent Ross the Boss back in the queue in a big hurry. Now that he's seen as a runner-up prize (ironic) surely the expansion teams come more squarely into the frame for his services.

Carlton too many roadblocks with Brad Lloyd and a post "Do Better" Collingwood would be walking on a landmine with his HR history

Haven't the Clarkson sweepstakes sent Ross the Boss back in the queue in a big hurry. Now that he's seen as a runner-up prize (ironic) surely the expansion teams come more squarely into the frame for his services.

Carlton too many roadblocks with Brad Lloyd and a post "Do Better" Collingwood would be walking on a landmine with his HR history
Why not Clarko to Pies and RTB to Carlolton?

Has Lyon even done any level of coaching since getting the arse in 2019?

Chocco at the very least has stayed heavily involved at multiple levels since his Port days.

Well I was a massive fan of Neil Craig when he was the crows coach from 2004 to 2011.

Saying that..... it what he was doing before 2004 and after 2011 that interested me. Once his playing career ended at the end of 1990, he was the coach of Norwood in the SANFL from 1991-95. Neil Craig was the fitness coach when the crows won those flags in 1997-8. Works with the Australian cycling side in the lead up and during the 2000 olympics. Becomes a crows assistant coach from 2001 until 2004. Then becomes crows coach from 2004-11. Goes to the demons as an assistant coach from 2012-13, Even becomes a care taker coach in the 2nd half of 2013.

He later had various roles at carlton and essendon as well after 2013 when he leaves the demons. Worked in various roles such as an assistant coach, tactical coach, youth development, even became the head of essendons footy department at one point.

Ross is way too arrogant and stuck in his old ways.
Won't adapt or change.
Would be a total disaster.
Would not purchase his snake oil.

Ross is way too arrogant and stuck in his old ways....... Debatable. He played a lot of youth from 2016-19 at freo. That is undeniable.

Won't adapt or change. Again debatable. If he did, he would of kept playing zac dawson until he was 40 years old. Again, he might of played the same defensive tactics, but he plaed the youf heavily since 2016.

Would be a total disaster. probably.

Would not purchase his snake oil. Yes Ross Lyon is a snake oil salesman lol

Is Zac Dawson a snake oil salesman because he is the Next Generation academy coach at Carlton? lol

Give it a rest.
Sheedy was senile.
Choco was for all intent and purpose coach of GWS in 2012, Sheedy was there for growth of the game/marketing, he would spend more time on match day with corporate sponsors than the playing/coaching group.

Why would Clarkson chose the Pies over the blues?

It’s a good question. The blues definitely have a better list, but their board don’t exactly back in their coaches and there would be immediate pressure to perform. At Collingwood you’d be pretty much starting from scratch but that might not be such a bad thing as it takes the pressure off for a few years. I think it’ll be a tough decision for him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Give it a rest.
Sheedy was senile.
Inevitable was it. You say any sports club on the Gold Coast, would be drug effected. Rubbish!

Sheedy senile, was/is he. Again, Rubbish!

The AFL and the Suns club, and McKenna, didn't know what they were doing. And they all got it badly wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am glad Ross Lyon is back coaching lol
Interesting if Lyon puts Bradley Hill back on a wing.
Saints v Blues - Hill v Acres?
Geez the Saints paid overs in that trade- & Hill on $850k+ a season until 2025- more than Jack Steele - that's one expensive half back flanker.
(Traded picks 10 and 58, a 2020 second round pick and Blake Acres to the Dockers in return for Hill and a 2020 third round pick) LOL

Last edited:
Geez the Saints paid overs in that trade- & Hill on $850k a season until 2025- more than Jack Steele - that's one expensive half back flanker.
(Traded picks 10 and 58, a 2020 second round pick and Blake Acres to the Dockers in return for Hill and a 2020 third round pick) LOL
Don't forget Dan Hannebery. Oy vey.

Don't forget Dan Hannebery. Oy vey.
I didn't - I was just replying to Freomaniac - keeping it Freo relevant.
Saints looking for the "messiah" - the last piece to top up their team to make them contenders.
I remember Ross was in charge when they let Luke Ball go for nothing, the only uncontracted player on their list at the time - then used their first round pick to get Andrew Lovett.
Saints had Salary Cap issues

Geez the Saints paid overs in that trade- & Hill on $850k+ a season until 2025- more than Jack Steele - that's one expensive half back flanker.
Yeah....

Freo won the Brad Hill trade so far...

Brad Hill and a 2020 3rd rounder for Blake Acres, pick 10, pick 58, 2020 2nd rounder and 2020 4th rounder. Funny how Peter Bell demanded a couple of 1st rounders from the saints and that included their pick 6.

Also that 2020 2nd rounder and 2020 4th rounder we got from the saints, we traded that to your mob. Collingwood haded us a 2020 3rd rounder and James Aish.

But as fair as Brad Hills contract.... I dont have any animosity towards him going after the cash.

Brad Hills contract at freo was a 5 year deal at $2.5 million over 5 years from 2017-2021. It was front loaded too.

$700,000 for years 2018-9. $500,000 for 2020. Had Brad Hill stayed in 2020 and 2021, he would of been on only $300,000.

Saints went nuts at Brad Hills agent and offered Hill $900,000 a year for 5 or 6 years. That alone should be one reason why the minimum salary cap should be 90% rather than 95%.

I liked it at 2010 or 2011 when the minimum cap was only 92.5%

Rattan is a trier.
Ross is a dictator.
Don’t be fooled by what he did at St.Kilda.
That side could have coached itself.
And would have won a flag if it did.
Carlton is not in the same universe of talent as that St.kilda side.
lol.

And Freo could of coached itself without Ross Lyon from 2012-15.

Congrats..... Ross Lyon is your coach..... Again

Meh, average it out with what we are paying Mason Wood and we break even.

Win some, lose some.

Back