Game Day 2023 Round 09 Swans v Freo Saturday 13 May 1:45pm @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I thought francis was competitive

I am setting a low bar

more than Gould
At least Francis had some really good moments.

Some really poor moments as well but unfortunately we're at a point with this team where you have to take the good with the bad.

At least Francis had some really good moments.

Some really poor moments as well but unfortunately we're at a point with this team where you have to take the good with the bad.

Yeah look, given where we are at, he showed enough in context to persist imo

Gould might be lucky to play afl again unfortunately

Really starting to wish we didn't win the prelim last year. Too much false hope

might be this squads peak , gotta take what you can when you can , it was a great moment

+

Margin was only 17 points
Gulden is a terrific player
Fox was handy as was HMac
Better game from Rowy and JMac
Thought Francis was ok.

-

Mids are beaten every week
Heeney, Papley and Waywrd again failed
Not good days for Lloyd and Cunningham
Sjeather seems void of footy IQ

I blame Rowbottom & Gulden for winning us that game by themselves and getting my hopes up.

Ironically I blame those two again for doing the exact same thing today.

I think if we lost the prelim by say under 2 goals the boys would have said yeah natural progression for the team, we will have a flag tilt in the near future...

But yes... hard to recover from losing by 82 points in the grand final. Yet here we are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But dont we have a dedicated midfield coach? Or is Horse been in charge for too long that he overides his assistants!
I have no doubt that we have a midfield coach (and have been calling for said person's head for weeks now.)

End of the day though, the buck stops with Horse and I'm wondering why us couch potatoes are seeing things that he, in the inner sanctum, with years of experience, getting paid six/seven figures, isn't seeing.

Very frustrating. I think if he were a dud coach then I'd be less frustrated, because it'd be like OK this guy's a hack who has no idea what he's doing and he needs to go. But it's Horse, and I actually reckon he's a bloody great coach who gets SO many things right. Makes these achilles heels of his that much more puzzling.

Ground balls were our main issue that game. Amount of times there was a 50/50 to be won we were constantly outnumbered and allowed freo to work off that way too easily.

if people blame injuries even todays they have their head in the sand imo

I know most will disagree

but the way we play is shocking, its not injuries causing intent

if horse Praises intent again ill spew up
I really donā€™t see how not blaming injuries is possible.

However we are likely looking at what we look like in 2024 - no Reid buddy or paddy.

We are missing close to our entire spine - expecting to win in that situation is crazy. But the real problem is what we look like next season and the one after

Unless sheldrick becomes a contested inside beast this is as good as this thing gets and it looks ugly in the midfield

I have no doubt that we have a midfield coach (and have been calling for said person's head for weeks now.)

End of the day though, the buck stops with Horse and I'm wondering why us couch potatoes are seeing things that he, in the inner sanctum, with years of experience, getting paid six/seven figures, isn't seeing.

Very frustrating. I think if he were a dud coach then I'd be less frustrated, because it'd be like OK this guy's a hack who has no idea what he's doing and he needs to go. But it's Horse, and I actually reckon he's a bloody great coach who gets SO many things right. Makes these achilles heels of his that much more puzzling.

I really donā€™t see how not blaming injuries is possible.

However we are likely looking at what we look like in 2024 - no Reid buddy or paddy.

We are missing close to our entire spine - expecting to win in that situation is crazy. But the real problem is what we look like next season and the one after

Unless sheldrick becomes a contested inside beast this is as good as this thing gets and it looks ugly in the midfield

Because the teams we are fielding are more then talented enough to do the basics right

it's not to say we can ignore a few injuries absolutely, but its overstated massively if people think injuries are the only difference in 2023 is what I mean

Because the teams we are fielding are more then talented enough to do the basics right

it's not to say we can ignore a few injuries absolutely, but its overstated massively if people think injuries are the only difference in 2023 is what I mean
Today the opposition had some dominant talls.

We didnā€™t.

The difference.

The end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back