Unofficial Preview Round 1 Dees vs Dogs - The Future Present - Opposition Supporters Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Height is overrated. Last time I checked you don’t do anything with the highest point of you head in AFL.

I reckon Gawn has a longish neck anyway which contributes to his measured height, and he has very little leap relatively speaking. He plays a bit shorter than his listed height IMO.

Where the shoulders are, the length of the player’s arms (wingspan in NBA terms), the leap they have (or don’t have) and most importantly whether they use whatever reach and leap they have in how they play are what actually matters.

No point being 208cm if you try to take chest marks, or are flat footed in a pack which would allow someone 25cm shorter but with a run up and decent leap to spoil you.

Double small forward blow for Bulldogs ahead of R1
WESTERN Bulldogs small forwards Cody Weightman and Arthur Jones have been ruled out of Saturday night's clash against Melbourne at the MCG due to groin injuries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like Arthur Jones being out is really sucky but it’s evened out by the fact that Viney isn’t playing. Equally as important for both teams.

Weightman clearly the superior forward to Fritsch so we should obviously be going in concerned there as I feel our forward line simply can not match up to the lofty standards set by the premiership dynamic duo of Ben Brown and Tom McDonald.

335609968_897528774882777_5038838453427650307_n.png

He's a ripper player but there's genuinely never been a less desirable lid in the AFL surely. (unless of course that isn't sunscreen..)

He's a ripper player but there's genuinely never been a less desirable lid in the AFL surely. (unless of course that isn't sunscreen..)
After Jack Watts we decided to no longer draft players on their looks.

I reckon Gawn has a longish neck anyway which contributes to his measured height, and he has very little leap relatively speaking. He plays a bit shorter than his listed height IMO.
Longish neck? English has this covered. He can comfortably wear 67 neckties.

Longish neck? English has this covered. He can comfortably wear 67 neckties.
The only reason Gawn has an enormous beard is to hide his neck, which in true Demons vs. Dogs pregame banter, can of course accomodate MORE neckties that English’s neck can. If English were more of a man, he too would grow an enormous beard.

True story, I went to one of those unofficial pub premiership tour sportsman’s nights thingies.

Wife comes back from the bar. The girl behind the bar, who looked like a lovely young lady, apparently said “Who’s he? He’s cute.”. She was talking about Clayton much to my surprise.

Yes, she didn’t even know who Oliver was, although would’ve known he was an AFL player I guess, and thought he was cute.

She wasn’t even holding a cane, or wearing comically thick glasses.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back