Round 1 - Essendon vs Adelaide Pre-Game Build-Up Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Murphy may still have some work to do on his fitness before debuting.

You’re right... This may be the case... but long term I can’t see how murphy doesn’t become a regular in the 22... the kid oozes talent, gives 100% and just looks the goods...

Oh poor JJ.

Perhaps the reason he hasn't gotten any reward for effort is his teammates are hopefully sick of rewarding his selfish play.

It's weird that they confirmed it. Normally the club doesn't say anything.

If Walker and Keath are out injured then they don't have a lot of competition for a spot, so it's not surprising they have been named now. Otten and maybe Cheney are really the only ones challenging for a spot as 3rd tall defender and Otten as a possible tall attacker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In which position? Are you saying he'll play Smith's role and Dougy will move back to the midfield despite not playing there all preseason? Because that's the only possible scenario Mackay plays (assuming Gibson is in).

Pyke has already said they've at least considered Mackay for the half back flank.

bump

you stress heads!

don't rule out Murphy yet either

Not stressing... just itching to see him get given every possible opportunity because he is going to make it and I would love to see it happen earlier!!...

But I have a feeling that if he was gonna be picked Pyke would’ve said his name alongside fog and Doedee..

At the end of the day... if he doesn’t play it’s not that bad... he’ll get his chance soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back