HB: Sheezel Pink McKerchar
C: Scott LDU Stephens
HF: Stephenson CCJ Durrsma
F: Zurhaar Larkey Curtis
R: Xerri Wardlaw Lazzaro
I: Fisher Shiels Ford Powell
S: Phillips
E: Greenwood Tucker Comben

My gut feel. Greenwood and Tucker could easily get picked along with Biggy.

Last edited:
B: Goater Corr Dawson
HB: Sheezel McKerchar
C: Scott LDU Stephens
HF: Stephenson CCJ Durrsma
F: Zurhaar Larkey Curtis
R: Xerri Wardlaw Lazzaro
I: Fisher Shiels Ford Powell
S: Phillips
E: Greenwood Tucker Comben

My gut feel. Greenwood and Tucker could easily get picked along with Pink and Biggy.
we'll get flogged with only 5 in the backline

I agree. Just saying that's who I'd have make way based on pre season if we needed to squeeze a spot.

FWIW I had Giants as my Premiership favourite coming into the season so a big test obviously, almost a nothing to lose type of game for us though. We take it up to them great, we manage to pinch it even better and if we come up short it's a big lesson we need to learn.
If we get flogged by 75+ we will have plenty to lose
just hoping we are competitive and see plenty to be hopeful about

So the good news is that we are yet to lose a game against GWS during a H&A season when they’ve been the home team.

The bad news is that the last time we played GWS on one of their home grounds, it was 2020.

why lol?

We have finished in the bottom 2 for the last four seasons and had a losing streak of about 20 games last season.

They finished top four and started the season by beating the reigning premiers convincingly. They are also playing at home.

Nothing wrong with those odds which are accurately reflective of all things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t think I’ve been more curious as to how our side will look round one.

Will we give games to those who didn’t play in any of the pre season matches, Corr, Ford & McDonald?

Will we go with 2 or 3 KPD’s and who will they be? Corr/Dawson/Pink/Biggie/Comben?

Will any of the more experienced players get a gig, Shiels/Greenwood?

Going by Clarko’s presser it didn’t sound like McDonald will play

why lol?

We have finished in the bottom 2 for the last four seasons and had a losing streak of about 20 games last season.

They finished top four and started the season by beating the reigning premiers convincingly. They are also playing at home.

Nothing wrong with those odds which are accurately reflective of all things.
LOL because It's not often you see a team all the way out at $8.

For all our progress, positive pre-season, strong health, etc, we're still out at $8 with them a very short $1.08, which basically means the market expects us to get flogged. I don't disagree.

LOL because It's not often you see a team all the way out at $8.

For all our progress, positive pre-season, strong health, etc, we're still out at $8 with them a very short $1.08, which basically means the market expects us to get flogged. I don't disagree.
We're 9.20 on Sportsbet now.

West Coast are 9.20 against Port Adelaide as well.

We're 9.20 on Sportsbet now.

West Coast are 9.20 against Port Adelaide as well.
Too make things interesting they should blow it right out to $25. Some would see them as 'juicy' odds and throw a $20 at it.

Easy money for the bookie.

Anyone want to take me up on that, I'll give you $25 for a Roos win.

Was magnanimous of them not to fit the Premiers in there.

You know who else plays three of the four preliminary finalists inside the first five rounds?

No one. Absolutely none.

Complete and utter campaigners.
At least we open the season with a home game against a big Vic club to drive up the interest and membership.

At least we open the 2nd week with a home game against a big Vic club to drive up the interest and membership

At least we open the 3rd week with a home game against a big Vic club to drive up the interest and membership.

We play 3 of the 4 prelim finalists in the first five weeks…..
Hate to point this out, but it’s actually 3 of the 4 preliminary finalists in the first 4 weeks…

At least it backs off from there though, because in round 5 we get to take the leisurely drive down the highway to pork barrel stadium…

Whats the likely impact of rain before and possibly during the game / slippery conditions? Better for us? Keep the crowd down from 6000 to maybe 3000?

Whats the likely impact of rain before and possibly during the game / slippery conditions? Better for us? Keep the crowd down from 6000 to maybe 3000?
Personally rather dry conditions. Yeah it'll mean the orange team score more, but it'll also give us more opportunity to showcase some offensive firepower. Anywhere north of the Barassi Line in wet weather, we go to pieces. That was the case even when we were half decent

Question was in the context of the current forecast, was thinking slippery conditions might help us

1710309502590.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back