Preview ROUND 10 2019 Dreamtime at the G: Richmond vs Essendon, Saturday May 25th 7:25pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dreamtime at the ‘G: Richmond v Essendon

lgwjjessdh9wrmo9amzu.jpg
Above: How i feel....

Yet another game with a season seemingly riding on it for the opponent (smasha hashtag) with so many questions that need answering....

- Will the Tiges be able to deal with the Dons “searing pressure”? … it’s the question that must be on Sam Lambsburgers mind.

- Who will Sydney Stack murder this week?

- How big can the free kick discrepancy get?

- How many tiger leads will Dylan Shiel spot up?

- Will Dusty wear Puma boots?

- How many times will I fall in-love with Noah Balta?

- How big will Shazzas melt be when Rioli is selected?

- How many times will BT mention ORRAAAZZZIIIOOO FANNNTTAAASSSIIAAAA despite him being injured?

This is going to be big….

Above: This is how searing the dons pressure is.

The season so far:

The Tigers continue to defy logic, having been savaged by injuries seemingly every week, we seem to find a way to continue to grind out victories while we have our stars sitting on the sidelines worrying whether they will ever get a game in the seniors again (Cotch will make a fantastic VC to Mortis in the VFL). Our young guns have been nothing short of spectacular over this span, breathing a new fire into both our playing group and us supporters. A couple of very solid wins in a row against teams in decent form whilst missing key players, how bloody good?! ... Some of the coaching moves have also been outstanding, such as Shedda playing and dominating at half-back and also Vlastuin in the guts over the past weekend, props to the coaching staff for being creative

The Dons have had an up and down season, with a touch of controversy mixed in. I’m not sure if anyone heard about it because it didn’t get much air time, but they lost a game due to a player being allowed to literally climb a goal post with absolutely NO INTENTION of making it shake…...I mean how can a grown man be expected to understand that if you straddle a goal post it is going to shake……..the AFL understandably ticked it off though so nothing to see here (wtf?). Anyyyyyway, although they won on the weekend it wasn’t a great spectacle….. was this because Ross Lyon turned it into a snorefest, or did the Dons do that all by themselves? Hard to say. However, I do believe the Dons are better than what they have shown this season so far and they will turn up ready to play this weekend.

Keys to the game:

Well for the Tigers its simple really…….. pressure, pressure, pressure mixed in with a whole lot of Dusty magic, a little Croation sensation Balta beast mode, a dash of holy moly Stack just murdered that man, and a touch of “WTF ARE WE DOING TAKE THE EASY OPTION FFS GEORGE…….oh we scored…....WOOOOOOO”………...oh, and a handful of snags from our resident clunk-master Tim Lunch wouldn’t go astray.

stacked (1).gif
Above: Stack killing a man

For the Dons they will need to move the ball fast and with precision to cut open our zone defense. We saw the rewards the hawks got when they managed this, it left us very vulnerable over the back. If Big Joey D’s groins stay attached and allow him to kick straight he could go a long way to winning this game for them, without Rancey we can be susceptible to big marking forwards. Another key will be their midfield, if they can get first use from Belly and get the ball into their forward 50 quickly it could cause some serious headaches for the good guys.

The Teams:

The Tigers should make minimal changes having gotten through an ENTIRE GAME without an injury (I know right, wtf?). Either Dan Rioli or Dan Butler could come into the side for someone unlucky, with it being such an occasion as Dreamtime at the G I would expect Rioli to be brought in (causing a monumental Shazza_ melt) and have a big game, at which point Shazza will revert back to slurping him after pretending to not rate him over the past fortnight (we all know youre jealous he has Mia and you don’t).

The Dons also got through their match against Freo unscathed and having won will likely go in unchanged. Some potential ins could be Ridley, Myers (don’t shoot me dons fans) or Laverde with all 3 having solid games in the reserves against Sandringham.

The Verdict

I reckon this version of Dreamtime at the G will be one for the ages, with both teams turning it on for a big crowd.

In the end the Tigers will prevail by 13 points with a BOG performance by Dan Rioli.

Last edited:

View attachment 677347

Yet another game with a season seemingly riding on it for the opponent (smasha hashtag) with so many questions that need answering....

- Will the Tiges be able to deal with the Dons “searing pressure”? … it’s the question that must be on Sam Lambsburgers mind.

- How many times will BT mention ORRAAAZZZIIIOOO FANNNTTAAASSSIIAAAA despite him being injured?

The season so far:

The Tigers continue to defy logic, having been savaged by injuries seemingly every week, we seem to find a way to continue to grind out victories while we have our stars sitting on the sidelines worrying whether they will ever get a game in the seniors again (Cotch will make a fantastic VC to Mortis in the VFL). Our young guns have been nothing short of spectacular over this span, breathing a new fire into both our playing group and us supporters. A couple of very solid wins in a row against teams in decent form whilst missing key players, how bloody good?!

The Dons have had an up and down season, with a touch of controversy mixed in. I’m not sure if anyone heard about it because it didn’t get much air time, but they lost a game due to a player being allowed to literally climb a goal post with absolutely NO INTENTION of making it shake…...I mean how can a grown man be expected to understand that if you straddle a goal post it is going to shake……..the AFL understandably ticked it off though so nothing to see here (wtf?). Anyyyyyway, although they won on the weekend it wasn’t a great spectacle….. was this because Ross Lyon turned it into a snorefest, or did the Dons do that all by themselves? Hard to say. However, I do believe the Dons are better than what they have shown this season so far and they will turn up ready to play this weekend.

Keys to the game:

Well for the Tigers its simple really…….. pressure, pressure, pressure mixed in with a whole lot of Dusty magic, a little Croation sensation Balta beast mode, a dash of holy moly Stack just murdered that man, and a touch of “WTF ARE WE DOING TAKE THE EASY OPTION FFS GEORGE…….oh we scored…....WOOOOOOO”………...oh, and a handful of snags from our resident clunk-master Tim Lunch wouldn’t go astray.

View attachment 677350

For the Dons they will need to move the ball fast and with precision to cut open our zone defense. We saw the rewards the hawks got when they managed this, it left us very vulnerable over the back. If Big Joey D’s groins stay attached and allow him to kick straight he could go a long way to winning this game for them, without Rancey we can be susceptible to big marking forwards. Another key will be their midfield, if they can get first use from Belly and get the ball into their forward 50 quickly it could cause some serious headaches for the good guys.

The Teams:

The Tigers should make minimal changes having gotten through an ENTIRE GAME without an injury (I know right, wtf?). Either Dan Rioli or Dan Butler could come into the side for someone unlucky, with it being such an occasion as Dreamtime at the G I would expect Rioli to be brought in (causing a monumental Shazza_ melt) and have a big game, at which point Shazza will revert back to slurping him after pretending to not rate him over the past fortnight (we all know youre jealous he has Mia and you don’t).

The Dons also got through their match against Freo unscathed and having won will likely go in unchanged. Some potential ins could be Ridley, Myers (don’t shoot me dons fans) or Laverde with all 3 having solid games in the reserves against Sandringham.

The Verdict

I reckon this version of Dreamtime at the G will be one for the ages, with both teams turning it on for a big crowd.

In the end the Tigers will prevail by 13 points with a BOG performance by Dan Rioli.

love your work mate!

the searing gif though :D:p

good call on Big Joe holding the keys for them.

Going to need another huge team defensive game this week.

Whatever happened to those hitler videos? They always seem so appropriate for Essendon. Hitler as a die hard Bombers supporter in the bunker, with no news since the pre-season assumes that the Bombers are in the top 4....lol Bring those videos back!!

Always a massive game due to the build up and massive supporter bases of both teams. I love the theater of the game, the pregame show and the significant feel.

I really don't see Essendon as a threat tbh. I think they have a few strong players who we will need to account for but they are not a clean team and will stumble, bumble and fumble it back into our hands all game. We love the frenetic nature of a contested, running game and Essendon doesn't have the footskills or composure to cut through our defense so I see a easy victory coming up.

The most exciting element for me in this game is watching the Aboriginal boys fire up and weave their magic around the ground. Stack, Edwards, Rioli and Bolton (remember when we thought we didn't even have one representative?!) are exciting players and added with Balta & Dusty, really make watching footy this year thrilling. Should be fun to watch the Dons supporters melt and recede into their bunkers once again after this game. :laughing:

View attachment 677347

The season so far:

The Tigers continue to defy logic, having been savaged by injuries seemingly every week, we seem to find a way to continue to grind out victories while we have our stars sitting on the sidelines worrying whether they will ever get a game in the seniors again (Cotch will make a fantastic VC to Mortis in the VFL). Our young guns have been nothing short of spectacular over this span, breathing a new fire into both our playing group and us supporters. A couple of very solid wins in a row against teams in decent form whilst missing key players, how bloody good?! ... Some of the coaching moves have also been outstanding, such as Shedda playing and dominating at half-back and also Vlastuin in the guts over the past weekend, props to the coaching staff for being creative

Keys to the game:

View attachment 677350

The Teams:

The Verdict

team ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the searing pressure

images

Stop Daniher (who sometimes stops himself) and who else is gonna kick their goals as a key forward for them? Zac Clark? Lol

They scored 60 points against Freo, that’s disgusting. Unless they pull a rabbit out of their arse, I can’t see them keeping the pace with us for 4 quarters

Lots of people saying Rioli in cos it’s dreamtime, but is that something we want? Games gifted for sentiment? Sucks he won’t be out there but it’ll be harsh to drop anyone and Butler was the one who dominated the VFL last round so to drop someone for no good reason and then not bring in the best performed player (who plays the exact same position) would send a horrible message to the team.

Rioli will be back in the team before too long but you can’t just bring him back cos it’s indigenous round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back