Toast Round 10 = Collingwood 78-74 Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

He could have bounced the ball.

At the point where he needed to bounce it a Collingwood player had run in hard on a good angle to apply pressure so that he couldn't.

One brilliant bit of disciplined defensive running in the dying seconds of a tough contest that will go unnoticed but might very well have saved the game for us, as it stopped Rankine from steadying and kicking the ball when he wanted to, ultimately forcing him to run too far.

View attachment 1992629
This is the goal review footage of Schultz' (2nd?) goal. What is deemed the inside edge of the goal line: is it the back edge of the post or is it the back edge of the padding? I saw this live and thought it would be given "touched" but the goal review people showed the frame after, where the defender appears to touch the ball half a meter behind the goal line.
If you watched the review the person in the box first identified the frame from the camera behind the player where the hand actually touched the ball, then flipped around to the other camera to see where the ball was at the same point in time.

It was a really nicely done piece of work and the outcome was clear, not even a question.

We didn't have Checkers and we won't have him or McInnes next week. Kreuger either comes into the side, or I am going to perform a self castration, package up my testicles and send them into the club, letting them know that I am sacrificing them because the club is in desperate need of a decent sized set.

Can your plums make a half decent fist of hitting up on a lead, clunking the ball and slotting one through the big sticks?

If so then better call your parents and get em down to the ground next week, because their son's nads will be a red hot chance of being the 1190th player to make their debut for the club at AFL / VFL level.

Just went and read the main board thread, what a freaking riot. Never seen so many people flat out refusing to accept a correct decision even when a full video proving its validity has been posted.

Melt central

You bet. Only when they make ridiculous comments like "Cox is the worst mark in the AFL." Or "Cox was putrid."
Dumb comments. He is a workhorse. We are in all sorts if he goes down. Some have no idea about role players and how essential they are in freeing up the guns or giving them support. Beau often gets 8 touches or less but Fly would never think about dropping him for the same reason Cox is picked every week. The same applies to Schultz.

He was poor in the air today. I have no problem with fair criticism.
Bring back the glove.

The Rankine free kick doesn't even compare to the blatant holding of Bobby Hill without the ball and some shocking incorrect disposal non calls we didn't get with great tackles.

They can sensationalise all they want but we had some huge missed free kick moments in our front half today.

At the game you could see players struggling in the last quarter with another game of low rotations. That was a gutsy courageous win.

Finally, hopefully our situation has highlighted the need for tall depth for the remainder of the season at the MSD.
We have been desperately unlucky with injuries to our talls this year.

The bonus is we are winning with players who we need for depth at seasons end for finals.
Macrae Harrison Sullivan and Richards could have all been playing in a losing VFL team instead they are learning to be winners under pressure. Its a gift for us.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That he ran too far.

Did i think they'd pay it? No, because they normally swallow the whistle in the last few mins and they'd only paid 19 free kicks for the game.

Was it the right call? Absolutely.
Nice bud.
On the same page.

Watch them over compensate now…..

The Rankine free kick doesn't even compare to the blatant holding of Bobby Hill without the ball and some shocking incorrect disposal non calls we didn't get with great tackles.

They can sensationalise all they want but we had some huge missed free kick moments in our front half today.

At the game you could see players struggling in the last quarter with another game of low rotations. That was a gutsy courageous win.

Finally, hopefully our situation has highlighted the need for tall depth for the remainder of the season at the MSD.
We have been desperately unlucky with injuries to our talls this year.

The bonus is we are winning with players who we need for depth at seasons end for finals.
Macrae Harrison Sullivan and Richards could have all been playing in a losing VFL team instead they are learning to be winners under pressure. Its a gift for us.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
HTB & incorrect disposal no longer exists. I'm convinced.

They've just forgotten to tell the rest of us.

With how obviously poor AFL umpires are at judging distance, both of metres ran and of kicks, when do we add markings on the ground to help them?
given its an oval shape it is diffcult to do that .. american footy etc nrl, rectangular so much easier, sideways kicks for example

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spot on. How many times does a player get tackled, tries to kick it, misses his boot and is called play on????
The umps have said that's what they've been told to do. But it's wrong. It's incorrect disposal. It's been the rule for over 100 years, hasn't it? So infuriating. There's no reward for the tackler.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back