Preview Round 10: Western Bulldogs vs St.Kilda - Etihad Stadium (A), Saturday 27 May 2017, 1:45pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stringer way to explosive for brown I would have thought?
Very possible, but he did do a very good job on Dangerfield when matched up on him when we played Geelong (beat him 3 times in a row in marking contests at one point- including on the lead) so maybe it will be OK.

Won't be surprised if we pull a late change tho. That said, I don't love the idea of any of the 3 emergency options coming in.

Would prefer to see Carlisle go forward than to bring Bruce back in at this point and bringing Luke back in wouldn't make sense either. Lonie in for Brown would also be pretty odd, but still possibly make the most sense of the 3 choices.

Depends on the matchups we want, but if we do chuck Jake fwd:

Brown - Boyd/English
Gilbert - Stringer
Geary - Dickson
McKenzie - Smith

Comes down to if we want Brown on Stringer or Gilbert

Just made the mistake of reading the Facebook comments on the clubs post about this weeks game & the team changes :drunk::drunk::drunk:

My poor eyes. My brain just had to apologise to them for making them read that tripe :(
In terms of footy knowledge, the spectrum is thus:

First hand (people involved).
Current players & coaches.

Daylight.

Recently retired players & coaches.
Players & coaches of bygone eras.
Intelligent commentators/journalists.

Daylight.

BigFooty.
Other forums.
Clueless commentators/journalists.

Daylight.

The intelligent but uninformed citizen drawing conclusions based on info given to them.
The average footy fan.

Daylight.

Facebook commenters to footy posts.
Infants.

NEVER EVER read Facebook comments!

Play Newnes on Stringer
Wish Roo missed the game against Sydney to be available this week = anyway need one of our tall forwards to step up , if Mattress or Membery can kick a few we should win this game.

Daylight.

Daylight.

BigFooty.
Other forums.

Daylight.

The intelligent but uninformed citizen drawing conclusions based on info given to them.
The average footy fan.

Daylight.

Infants.

So agree. Here we are, hiding our identity behind usernames, yet being careful about what we say.

And then, there is facebook, where people openly say or do crazy stuff with their real identity!!!!

Crazy or what....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will beat the doggies.
They aren't all that good imo.
Still riding a wave of overratedness.
Still a good side but they do seem to have lost a bit of that intensity. Libba being down on form and in n out of their team drops them back a bit in the middle as well.
If our mids can get on top and we don't butcher our passes like last week this is very much winnable.
I'm expecting Seb to bounce back strongly after such an unusually low efficiency rate with his kicking in the first half last week.

I wish Paddy the best, I really do. Easton Wood though is just about my favourite player in the league at the moment. Love watching him play, but hope he doesn't shred us this week. I definitely came to like the Doggies a bit too much during that last finals series. Have to get over it at least for this weekend. Come on Saints!!!!

Jesus christ man have a tug and a cold shower and move on!

Daylight.

Daylight.

BigFooty.
Other forums.

Daylight.

The average footy fan.

Daylight.

Infants.

Rough on infants.

We need to tighten up on the opposition for this one. We let the Swans backline wander up the ground too much last week, and our mids just didn't play close enough to the Swans mids, so it was easy for them to set up through the corridor.
Not confident the forward line can somehow turn it around and convert the ball going in there. I would like Paddy to do well, but he would need to take the game on a whole lot more, and the excuses are a bit thin- he has to step up.

Last edited:
Let's just remember that Paddy will be lining up on the reigning Premiership FB in Easton Wood - who is no mug. Not to mention that back six of theirs is a solid wall of defence when they get their collectives into gear.
Should be a cracking game, especially interested in the micro game of how Paddy performs without Roo running straight across his line (sorry Roo, I love you, but for the love all that is good, please stop cutting off our forwards when they lead at the kicker!)
Saints by 24
Steven to get full coaches points

How does one overrate the premier?

Do you think they were lucky to win the flag?
I reckon they were lucky with timing, umpires etc. Not travelling any better than us this year either.

Let's just remember that Paddy will be lining up on the reigning Premiership FB in Easton Wood - who is no mug. Not to mention that back six of theirs is a solid wall of defence when they get their collectives into gear.
Should be a cracking game, especially interested in the micro game of how Paddy performs without Roo running straight across his line (sorry Roo, I love you, but for the love all that is good, please stop cutting off our forwards when they lead at the kicker!)
Saints by 24
Steven to get full coaches points
Actually you're right about Roo- he spoils a lot of possible marks especially deep in the forward line- and Bruce has been thwarted by Roo flying with him many a time this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back