Preview Round 11, 2021: St Kilda v North Melbourne @ Marvel Stadium | Saturday May 29 @ 4:35pm (Replacement home game for members)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Original post by the Ziebull

Our last game before the bye

Out: Mahony
In: Phillips

Xerri should be in also, Campbell got 2 goals but Xerri’s form demands a game and it’s time to pull the trigger

Last edited:
Our last game before the bye

Out: Mahony
In: Phillips

Xerri should be in also, Campbell got 2 goals but Xerri’s form demands a game and it’s time to pull the trigger

l would add another from left field...Gold out (rested) Xerri in...l'm tired of watching opposition players roving to Goldys hit outs. Time to mix up the rucks.

I don’t want to see Philips. One more game in the VFL, let Powell join him and then after the bye unleash him. Only had one good game, let’s see him back it up

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

IMO Xerri has to be rewarded and Scott will probably get a chance to start. If Goldstein gets in trouble for the hit on Wright then that makes Xerri easy, otherwise Campbell will head back (let's be honest on him, he was always the break in case of emergency VFL ruckman). Scott will probably come in for Young.

At a pinch Ford debuts for Taylor or Mahony.

Not sure Phillips comes in unless we decide to manage Powell or Lazzaro... we want him maximising his time in the midfield, having him come in to sit in the forward line is pointless when he can find touch, pace and fitness at VFL level.

We're not even half way through the season and the toll is already showing on the young players.

I hope the "play the kids" posse is getting a harsh education right now.

Found one in Powell, Tarryn showing heaps in the midfield, LDU coming on, Lazaro with valuable games under his belt, Jaidyn a great addition. Plus Xerri, Phillips and Scott about to come back in.

I think the play the kids posse would be pretty happy with how the list is regenerating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were shocking today
St Kilda were dreadful
If we get a win I recon Ratten will be sacked so I think the saints will fire up but need to be careful about to many changes surely we should have few injured players back to play VFL

We're not even half way through the season and the toll is already showing on the young players.

We could try playing the more experienced guys, but they are all on our injury list.

Nabbing pick 1 in the mid season draft + getting Ratts sacked + tuning into one of my favourite comedies ‘Saints TV & Chill’ + getting on the piss at my mates 21st would make for an epic weekend.

IMO Xerri has to be rewarded and Scott will probably get a chance to start. If Goldstein gets in trouble for the hit on Wright then that makes Xerri easy, otherwise Campbell will head back (let's be honest on him, he was always the break in case of emergency VFL ruckman). Scott will probably come in for Young.

At a pinch Ford debuts for Taylor or Mahony.

Not sure Phillips comes in unless we decide to manage Powell or Lazzaro... we want him maximising his time in the midfield, having him come in to sit in the forward line is pointless when he can find touch, pace and fitness at VFL level.

X has to come in.

As we have no tall in the VFL they'll get smashed.
Edit - they may have Taz. Still likely smashed in the middle without X or Soup.

Bit of a quandary about Phillips this week.

You're right about AFL game time on flanks or pockets but the VFL will be Siberia this week.

X has to come in.

As we have no tall in the VFL they'll get smashed.
Edit - they may have Taz. Still likely smashed in the middle without X or Soup.

Bit of a quandary about Phillips this week.

You're right about AFL game time on flanks or pockets but the VFL will be Siberia this week.

Wouldn’t be the worst thing for WP to play without Xerri putting it down his throat. Good development for him.

Nah, you are right.

I'd much rather watch a 10 goal loss with Pittard, Williams, MacMillan, Wood, Durdin, Ahern and Hrovat in that side.

In : Xerri, Scott, Ford in

Out: Taylor, Mahony and one of Laz or Young.

Players in the 2s playing very well, time to start rotating some of the kids with tired legs out
VFL had one good week. I agree about rotating the kids out but honestly they won’t go out because of pressure from below until we get injured players available again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back