Review Round 11 = Fremantle 75-75 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

I really want to love Schultz but he's showing nothing offensively.

Richards and HH have gone past him with a bullet in the space of 3 weeks.
I really thought Schultz would hit front and center of the forward pack and kick 2 goals a game this way and push for 40+ goals this season. He isn't doing this, just seems to be playing the forward pressure role which is great but we need another layer to his game. He is good enough, I've seen him hit the scoreboard hard at Freo. But, as of right now I would have Ginni and our draft picks back but that is the past. I really do hope he finds those sticks soon as we will definitely need him to until we get a few back.

Agree that HH looks like a keeper. He is getting better and more dangerous every time I see him.

or did we just run out of legs?, there were some very inexperienced players out there tonight
3 games with 6 day breaks, interstate travel, high intensity game all night, more in game injuries leaving us with less on the bench..

Of course, we ran out of legs 😆

Dockers had players spewing up after the game from exhaustion & they had a full squad..plus an umpire or 2.

Except I’m pretty sure that’s not a rule

How can it be time wasting if time off was called?
I'm sorry. You're clearly not an idiot.

There are myriad instances where it can be time wasting even though time off is called.

You know that. I know that. Everyone knows that.

It's fine to disagree with the decision, don't be a disingenuous nuffie.

I really thought Schultz would hit front and center of the forward pack and kick 2 goals a game this way and push for 40+ goals this season. He isn't doing this, just seems to be playing the forward pressure role which is great but we need another layer to his game. He is good enough, I've seen him hit the scoreboard hard at Freo. But, as of right now I would have Ginni and our draft picks back but that is the past. I really do hope he finds those sticks soon as we will definitely need him to until we get a few back.

Agree that HH looks like a keeper. He is getting better and more dangerous every time I see him.
No to Ginni back. But the way Harrison and Richards have come on I don't think you'd do that trade now.

HH and Richards look like the future in the making

No to Ginni back. But the way Harrison and Richards have come on I don't think you'd do that trade now.
HH & Richards are miles ahead of Ginni IMO. Our grouping of HH, Richards, Hill, McCreery & Elliott is pretty strong.

I think HH projects long-term as a midfielder though, which may be why we were happy to get Schultz

Interesting observation
Maybe his instructions are pressure first and he is performing that to the letter.
We have plenty of smalls kicking goals and so Fly is happy with the pressure.
Maybe he will get to loosen up a bit

2AM looking at the ceiling, what if.
I know..we'd be on 30 points sitting in 2nd position on the ladder 😫

Would have been the best win for the year with the youngsters we had in, injuries we have.

Oh well, 2 points is still better than none.

Then we'd really have something to whine about if we lost after those appalling umpiring decisions.

The Beau 50 was interesting. Was he expected to give the ball to the freo player while lying on his back?
I reckon that one was fair enough. Thought it at the time that he had a chance to give the ball back and chose to hang on to it. Wasn't at all surprised to see the 50 paid

Interesting observation
Maybe his instructions are pressure first and he is performing that to the letter.
We have plenty of smalls kicking goals and so Fly is happy with the pressure.
Maybe he will get to loosen up a bit
He's clearly feeling the pressure. Another player who has been targeted online.

He does everything else expected of him.. been incredibly unlucky with some shots on goal. Just needs to get a few goals and the pressure valve will release. He's trying so damn hard. That's what I see anyway.

HH & Richards are miles ahead of Ginni IMO. Our grouping of HH, Richards, Hill, McCreery & Elliott is pretty strong.

I think HH projects long-term as a midfielder though, which may be why we were happy to get Schultz
I think Richards will end up playing higher up the ground too - he's a playmaker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Cox, he

Cox wont be standing up - concusssion so 10 days ..
12 days actually and that’s without symptoms.

Watching it again, he gets a knock to the head in that contest and it’s why he lands odd. I didn’t notice it at the time and thought it was more just an awkward landing like his knee buckled or something. But I think he landed on his leg like that because of the head knock.

He also looked groggy coming off which I thought was just him in pain.

Poor bloke. Was beaten up yesterday.

Regardless of what the “official” rules are, imagine the type of w***er you have to be to pick out that free kick in the heat of the moment. Obviously was either doing his best to find Freo a free or on a power trip.

It's not going to be a top 4 year, I can't see it. If we make the finals in the bottom 4 of the 8 we will be a tough out if we have a fitter squad.
Why? Long way to go in a very even competition and players to come back by the time we are in the home straight. I'd keep faith in our boys with their track record.

And if we miss the top four I wouldn't want to play us in any final.

I think Richards will end up playing higher up the ground too - he's a playmaker.
He definitely was last night - got a heap of the footy on the wing. Might have been necessitated with WHE out, but he finds the footy and uses it well. What a find!

(a) refers to throwing (b) handing the ball (c) is about bouncing

I don’t think (b) is what applies to the incident as it seems to refer to when the ball is in play, not when play has stopped such as this incident.
Channel 7 posted the rule on tv saying it was 18.13 (b)

A field Umpire shall award a Free against a player who:
hands ball to another player
🤷‍♂️

🤷‍♂️
I think they got it wrong. That's straight after the throw rule. It's almost certainly about general play and incorrect disposal with nothing suggesting it's got anything to do with umpires at a stoppage.

It's not going to be a top 4 year, I can't see it. If we make the finals in the bottom 4 of the 8 we will be a tough out if we have a fitter squad.
I can't see how you can say it won't be a top 4 finish at this stage of the year. The top 10 sides are moving in & out of the 3rd & 4th positions each week.

🤷‍♂️
channel 7 don’t know the difference between deliberate and insufficient effort to keep the ball in. I wouldn’t be trusting them on rule interpretation

I think they got it wrong. That's straight after the throw rule. It's almost certainly about general play and incorrect disposal with nothing suggesting it's got anything to do with umpires at a stoppage.
They definitely got it wrong. It would be really helpful if just one of the channel 7 commentators knew any of the rules.

🤷‍♂️
...when a free kick has been paid? Which it wasn't. This was not handing it directly back to the umpire.

Nicholls getting very technical & pedantic taking issue in this circumstance. Even Dockers players admitted they didn't know that part of the rule.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back