Review Round 11 = Fremantle 75-75 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually by the interpretation of the rule, if the umpire believes the player is time wasting by leaving the ball on the ground they can pay a free kick against
Which further highlights the silliness - players are much more obviously trying to stall play and set up defensively when they put it on the ground at ball-up / throw in

Actually by the interpretation of the rule, if the umpire believes the player is time wasting by leaving the ball on the ground they can pay a free kick against

Only if the player throws the footy away from where the stoppage will be.

Let's be honest.

Sullivan's biggest mistake was not being a Pendlebury or Fyfe.

Umpires often seem to find it easier to make the contentious calls against players with low profiles rather than the stars of the game.

Not much leeway for the likes of Sullivan in AFL game number 4 when in reality any umpire with common sense could have seen his inexperience was actually a contributing factor.

Regardless I feel some umpires might have had a different situational awareness of the game and would know that awarding a free kick in front of goal at that late stage had the potential to be a penalty that far outstripped the indiscretion.

We're so depleted, we're in real trouble now. The cupboard is bare.

At the game, watching from the nose bleed section, you could we were dears looking into the headlights after Bobby kicked that goal.

Not gonna use the umpires as an excuse.

The positive out of all this is getting games into the kids on the block.

Harrison, Richards, Allan and Parker et al all look promising.

Expected a loss going into the game, but disappointed in that last 10 minutes.

I expect a heavy loss next week given our list availability.

Players are allowed to just drop the ball as far as I’m aware. If Sullivan had just put it on the ground Nicholls wouldn’t have had any opportunity to pay the free.
Huge difference between dropping the ball to the ground and leaving the ball on the ground.

Let me preface my comment by saying I am not having a go at you.... Have you been to any live games or have you watched our games only via TV? Because on TV they only show the immediate vicinity of the ball

He is playing a different role to the one he played at Freo. However he has not been stationed deep forward until last night out of necessity after Brodie went off. He was significantly under sized What TV doesn't show is his constant gut running between deep forward and HB to assist with zone defence then run forward to apply offensive pressure. His offensive pressure contributed to turnovers and 2 goals last night but led to no recognition because he didn't kick them. People need to stop measuring his value solely on the goals he kicks

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Haha deary me. I go to plenty of live games and watch him very closely. I never mentioned anything about his defensive work, did i? His pressure is elite but if you think we got him in to the side to not hit the scoreboard then you're kidding yourself. You can do all the gut running in the world but you can also offer something going toward goal. Right now, he's not impacting that side of the game, is he?

I'm telling you right now, if he doesn't start to offer more in the way of goal assists and goals himself then HH and Richards will be holding their spots upon the return of Elliott, JDG and Mcinnes.

At the game, watching from the nose bleed section, you could we were dears looking into the headlights after Bobby kicked that goal.

Yep our defence has a lot to answer for but it is just as well that the doggies also have injuries otherwise it could be carnage.

Haha deary me. I go to plenty of live games and watch him very closely. I never mentioned anything about his defensive work, did i? His pressure is elite but if you think we got him in to the side to not hit the scoreboard then you're kidding yourself. You can do all the gut running in the world but you can also offer something going toward goal. Right now, he's not impacting that side of the game, is he?

I'm telling you right now, if he doesn't start to offer more in the way of goal assists and goals himself then HH and Richards will be holding their spots upon the return of Elliott, JDG and Mcinnes.
We obviously value the gut running and pressure otherwise we would have kept Ginnivan.

I'm more confident against WB then I was against Freo. They also had injuries to 2 of their better players as well as Libba and Weightman still being out injured.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm more confident against WB then I was against Freo. They also had injuries to 2 of their better players as well as Libba and Weightman still being out injured.

Every week on the review threads, it's just posters constantly saying how we're going to get pumped the following week. Have a bit more faith in this side.

Every week on the review threads, it's just posters constantly saying how we're going to get pumped the following week. Have a bit more faith in this side.
And then you see all the posters on the game day thread who are frothing whilst they stick the boots in as soon as we're down by a goal or 3.

Then they disappear as soon as we start winning.

Only to turn up again to tell everyone how we'll get smashed this week 😆

Nothing surprises me with this team. They are so gutsy & never give up.

And then you see all the posters on the game day thread who are frothing whilst they stick the boots in as soon as we're down by a goal or 3.

Then they disappear as soon as we start winning.

Only to turn up again to tell everyone how we'll get smashed this week 😆

Nothing surprises me with this team. They are so gutsy & never give up.
We do have our fair share of panic merchants.

I have been trying to remember ever seeing a player pass the ball to another player instead of the scump. Maybe I have and can’t remember? Or maybe I haven’t because it is an unusual move to make.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It is a very unusual move, which is why many of us are confounded by it. And made worse (for us) by the fact it was in front of goal in the dying minutes of a tight game.

Hard to separate the impact it had from the rightness - or wrongness - of it.

Plus that particular umpire was behaving like a d*ckhead.

It is a very unusual move, which is why many of us are confounded by it. And made worse (for us) by the fact it was in front of goal in the dying minutes of a tight game.

Hard to separate the impact it had from the rightness - or wrongness - of it.

Plus that particular umpire was behaving like a d*ckhead.
Looks like a human d*ck head too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back