Game Day Round 13, Essendon vs GWS Giants, Sun 19th June, 4.40pm, Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

We really need to learn the fake handball attempts after being tackled. I reckon a bunch of the holding the ball decisions against us are only paid because we flop on the ground like a dead fish and don't give the umps an out.

Thank goodness Dempsey's kicking is off tonight. Would be a different story if he'd landed those goals

Surely a joke? umpiring has been firmly in Giants court.
Didn't look at the free kick count until now, just calling what I saw. However a 24-13 count to Essendon basically validates my point - no ******* clue how you're thinking that the umps have been "firmly in Giants court". Essendon players scragging Giants players have been let go all day, while the same have been paid as free kicks in reverse.

just wondering... how/when did you guys start barracking for GWS? New to AFL or changed teams?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't look at the free kick count until now, just calling what I saw. However a 24-13 count to Essendon basically validates my point - no ******* clue how you're thinking that the umps have been "firmly in Giants court". Essendon players scragging Giants players have been let go all day, while the same have been paid as free kicks in reverse.
The count and how many is not relevant, what is relevant is where frees are paid and also the ones that are not paid. No need to get cranky....

There's an old adage about a good team able to win ugly - but man, do I not want to hear that. We were atrocious. Probably didn't deserve to win it and the final margin flattered us tremendously.

What a horrible horrible game.

Take the four points and run like buggery.

Ugggh! Here we go again.

Given that the Giants was the first afl membership I bought, let's go with new to AFL.
About the same side your team hit the drugs
I honestly wasnt trying to have a go at any of you? Was seriously just a question. I was thinking about it because I thought it was great to see your cheer squad travelling interstate and still creating a heap of noise. But ok...

The count and how many is not relevant, what is relevant is where frees are paid and also the ones that are not paid. No need to get cranky....
Youre right. Really you are.

There were plenty not given to Giants when in scoring positions and also when trying to stop bomber goals.

Thanks for pointing it out. Umps were woeful and wearing black and red

My thoughts on the game.
1.Welcome Bam Bam and look forward to watching you play for long time.
2. I Was wrong about Downie, in my defence I beleived he would deliver, but he didn't. This leads me to point three
3. I beleive a team ready to win finals has to be able to cover the loss of a player. That was pretty close to our best team. I'm now in a quandary as to whether Mummy should come back against Carlton or the guys should have another lesson in how to play without him ( this assumes he is physically able to play, clearly we cant afford to risk him for the big games to come)
4. We won and that's always good

Good stuff.

Learnt a lesson about not taking bad teams lightly, and won anyway.

Zac Williams!!!

Scored 50 points or so in first half which is plenty, but defence was bad. Second half really tightened up in defence which made the difference.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back