Preview Round 14, 2021: Hawthorn v Essendon @ UTAS, Sun 3:20PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bramble is in - nothing surer. If we chose Bramble over Jai at the start of the year means his gonna be pretty good as well. Chook raffle between saunders / downie and cousins after that. All the selection pressure is coming from the kids which is fantastic.

We are really building a strong squad, going to be an exciting back end to the year.

Jack Saunders 😁
"Mighty Mouse's workrate caused the opposition trouble. He was able to finish with a couple of goals and had some exposure further up the ground on the wing where he looked solid."
Would love to see him this weekend...

I can’t see how you replace two mids without downie or bramble playing. Cousins will be the other in (what I think will happen not my choice).

Morris back to box hill and someone else to sub.

I just want to see the same intensity and hard edge across the board. If you can’t get up for these cheats, you are at the wrong club.

Where's the new bloke who came through with the goods last week? He is FTB's m8
I'd say because it's a sunday game, the team meeting would be later in the week, and they will only submit an extended bench for thursday.

Bramble is in - nothing surer. If we chose Bramble over Jai at the start of the year means his gonna be pretty good as well. Chook raffle between saunders / downie and cousins after that. All the selection pressure is coming from the kids which is fantastic.

We are really building a strong squad, going to be an exciting back end to the year.
Sams review suggested he is building fitness. Clear he is rated though and I’d expect he will come in once fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Soon, but not this week IMHO.

I thought that Sam's comment about Finn was interesting. Many of us have presumed that Finn playing as a tagger might be because the club sees that he has good traits for that role. By not giving him a tagging role in a scratch match it shows that the club was using the tagging role to cover off perceived deficiencies in his game. I don't see a way back for Finn this season, unfortunately.

Love to see Saunders come in. His pace and aggression is what we need. Finn needs more time but I hope he gets another gig before the year is out. Just regular little tests. Probably cousins comes in ahead of him though. Downie and bramble sound like they played well and I’d love to see either come into the team in the coming weeks. But maybe not for this week.

I would go Cuz and Saunders !
With the possibility of Jeka depending on match ups with Essendon ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Saunders is still pretty raw. His running patterns are not strategic, just runs at the ball. I think he will debut late in the season or some time next year.

Can't wait to see him at AFL level.

Love to see Saunders come in. His pace and aggression is what we need. Finn needs more time but I hope he gets another gig before the year is out. Just regular little tests. Probably cousins comes in ahead of him though. Downie and bramble sound like they played well and I’d love to see either come into the team in the coming weeks. But maybe not for this week.
👏👏👏

Saunders is still pretty raw. His running patterns are not strategic, just runs at the ball. I think he will debut late in the season or some time next year....

Saunders gets the footy from turnovers and in broken play. Given his lack of size, he'll struggle. I'd prefer Morris to get a decent run and see what he's got. He chases well but pretty clear he does not know where to go to get a touch.

Shame Bramble has been out, Downie hasn't set the world on fire.

I doubt we will rush him in, post hammy, after only a scrimmage game. There's no rush. Let him build fitness and form over next 2 weeks and then finish the year up at the level...

This is the game to debut Downie imo. I suspect Saunders might come in for Morris. Cousins will play as like for like with Worpel. Allows to continue Mitchell spending time forward.

Finn's progression is a worry (and not for F/S reasons before people jump in).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back