Preview Round 14, 2022: St.Kilda v Essendon - Marvel Stadium, Friday 17th June, 7:50PM AEST *SPUD'S GAME*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 40 76.9%
  • Bombers

Votes: 12 23.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they’re rewording it - said a couple, but actually 3 is a few.
Hope that’s the reason anyway and they haven’t gone too soon with incorrect info.. 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼
Hoping they add Sharman to the photo

Zac Jones cleared to play - no doubt I’m Sandra Sully on this one. Hope he really is 100%.

To be honest I'd rather play it safe with Zac. Has had plenty of soft tissue injuries and playing off a 6 day break with hamstring awareness isn't the best idea, IMO.

Good maffs G well done 👏🏼
calculation-math.gif

Also it cannot be understated how big of an out Parish is for them. Certainly evens the playing field with us having Steeley out.

Darcy Parish stats* this season:
  • Fourth in the AFL for total disposals.
  • Second in the AFL for handballs.
  • Eleventh in the AFL for score involvements.
  • Seventh in the AFL for contested possessions.
Ranked elite in Disposals, Effective Disposals, Contested Possessions, Inside 50s, Score Involvements and Centre Clearances.

He’s Essendon’s best player statistically, and in this case luck has fallen our way now that he’s ruled out.

*stats slightly askew given the bye rounds.

Parish has become an absolute gun. He's a huge out.

Would be pretty surprising if both Jones and Wood get up off just a 6 day break, especially Wood, who seemed very hobbled by that ankle injury.

Looking at the stats just before, while he had a bad game from a DE pov, I noticed that he laid the 3rd-most tackles for us and had the 5th-most pressure points, which is very unusual for someone playing wing. He laid as many tackles as 8 others in the team put together.

Crouch laid as many as 12 of the team put together! Butler 10.

Would be pretty surprising if both Jones and Wood get up off just a 6 day break, especially Wood, who seemed very hobbled by that ankle injury.

Looking at the stats just before, while he had a bad game from a DE pov, I noticed that he laid the 3rd-most tackles for us and had the 5th-most pressure points, which is very unusual for someone playing wing. He laid as many tackles as 8 others in the team put together.

Crouch laid as many as 12 of the team put together!
Wood shouldn't be getting a game imo on form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wood shouldn't be getting a game imo on form.
He’s played the last 17 games that he’s been fit and available for, so I’m going to suggest that he plays an important role in the team that many outside the club just don’t recognise.

Because he’s playing a very sacrificial role in particular, that involves pushing back extremely hard into defence, to provide support and numbers back there, which has helped us to be the 3rd best team defensively for the first half of the year.

I’m sure he’d rather be out there kick-chasing and padding his stats and looking more flashy, but that’s not his role. He’s also one of the best kicks in the team.

He’d be in the mix to be pushed out in the next couple of weeks if we don’t get any fresh injuries in the meantime and Steele and D-Mac are fit and available next week tho.

Selection will be getting super-tight if they’re all available, so you wouldn’t want to be on the fringe and play a bad game this week.

Last edited:
Very surprised to hear that Zac Jones is a chance to get up for this game, with his hamstring history I had already written him off for a few weeks.

With Steele back next week our midfield will be back to full strength, assuming we don't get any more injuries to our mids tomorrow.

Parish has become an absolute gun. He's a huge out.

If I could pick one player at Essendon to miss this game it would be Parish, he has become an elite midfielder that is capable of influencing a game.

Merrett is a good midfielder too but he isn't as damaging as Parish and without Parish there we should be able to put more attention into curbing him.

5 out
4 in
So what am i missimg here

Lienert as med sub was one such out, creates imbalance without changing things when 4 outs are staring positions being replaced.

Ben Long very lucky

Would've keep Wood before Long

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back