Preview Round 14, 2022: St.Kilda v Essendon - Marvel Stadium, Friday 17th June, 7:50PM AEST *SPUD'S GAME*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 40 76.9%
  • Bombers

Votes: 12 23.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some very smooth movin' ins, like it a lot.

Next week the Captain and Daniel back to add some grunt as the games get tougher.

ST KILDA
FB
[44] Callum Wilkie,
[20] Dougal Howard,
[26] Josh Battle

HB
[33] Ben Paton,
[29] Jimmy Webster,
[35] Jack Sinclair

C
[11] Hunter Clark,
[6] Sebastian Ross,
[8] Bradley Hill

HF
[15] Jack Billings,
[21] Ben Long,
[19] Rowan Marshall

FF
[28] Tim Membrey,
[12] Max King,
[22] Jack Higgins

FOL
[18] Paddy Ryder,
[5] Brad Crouch,
[4] Jade Gresham

IC
[16] Dan Butler,
[13] Ryan Byrnes,
[7] Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera,
[3] Zak Jones

EMG
[17] Marcus Windhager,
[43] Cooper Sharman,
[39] Darragh Joyce,
[32] Mason Wood

Umpires
Nick Foot (2),
Brett Rosebury (8),
Robert O'Gorman (10)
Nick Foote? What did we do to deserve that? 😳

Or more likely he is better than the next person in line Be interesting next week if we win with no injuries.

Probably Butler is his only real competition but we've played plenty without him.

Have liked Wood and he has been good this season. Someone said he played 17 straight, probably the most in his career.

For a player who was picked up after being delisted he has been good value.

Was poor last week and hurt an ankle, always someone is stiff when quality comes in.
Billings will probably take his spot and has been put on notice. Dropped and told to lift his workmate. If he doesn't Wood is in the wings waiting.

Not surprised with the changes...Windhager needs a reset, and he'll be better for it. Billings played well for Sandy, and is in the interim a handy depth player to step in. Clark, I think, could do with another week...but he may as well find form in the Senior team, it's the same as Jones I guess. Good to see Wangmil back in. Looking forward to some bullet passes to a leading King. Hoping Higgins is better after a run and kicks a few. The team lifts when he's on point.

Jeez the Dons fans aren't too happy with their changes.

Yes a bloody good side on paper. As others have touched on above, this should definitely be a confident, professional win at the very least at Marvel against Essendon with a lack of key defenders and their best midfielder Parish out. Jakey boy Stringer out of shape and slow, 2MetrePeter (playing his 100th) hasn't kicked a goal for a month!

Windy and Wood stiff but both could use the break and both will play again at some point.

While we obviously have history sh!tting the bed for these Friday night marquee games, it's time to start putting that sh!t to bed with a good old fashioned thumping. It'd be grand if could play four quarters of relentless footy for the first time in years and absolutely smash them while they're a rabble.

I want relentless. 🤪

⚫⚪💃

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it’s a mistake not playing Sharman, but still think it’s a pretty strong team and will get the job done.

Will be great to see Hunter back out in the colours let’s hope he can remind us all why we love him.

Time to start hitting our straps and playing as close to a strong 4Q performance. With our tough run of games I believe if we play finals we are a big chance. A lot of questions will be answered not just from a st kilda perspective but for the whole comp as I still think there is a lot of movement to come in the top 8 due to the lob sided and borderline unfair draw some clubs have had this year.

Yes time to talk. But I do hope we do not start the game with the same lead in that did at Spuds game last year.

It was no wonder after that, that our players were so flat.
Completely agree. A very important message but not two minutes before the bounce. Let's raise awareness during the week and at half time with the players locked in the rooms with Ratts. Honour Spud by winning the game.

Matthew Richardson on Spud's Game

I’m nervous AF.
Marquee game, hyped up for weeks and we know how those always end. I feel like we’ve gone a bit short/small?? Am I the only one thinking that - would’ve liked Sharman in to put serious pressure on their already undersized backline. Must come away with the 4pts, pack it up if we don’t.

Anyone thinking tomorrow night will be a walk in the park is setting themselves up IMO , I don't know why but i just have this horrible feeling about tomorrow night , hope im wrong
I know what you mean, but if we can't be confident of beating that rabble then what is the point of anything?

Personally I'm looking forward to the This Is Essington video as much as the match.

Let er rip, Saints!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back