Preview Round 14, 2023: Richmond v St.Kilda - MCG, Saturday 17th June, 7:25PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Tigers

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • Saints

Votes: 49 79.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the sentiment in that but Steele has been very ordinary of late understandably due to his injuries (barring some great hussle when needed).
Don’t think we’d be so much cute as acting responsible.
Genuinely my fear is Steele playing through injuries this season breaks him in the future. I want this to be a down month not the norm going forward

Detest that coif headed wankstain.
How he’s gotten away with it for all these years sickens me.
Would pay good money to see his eyes rolling into the back of his bobble head on Saturday. Get to work, Stock 😎

Hopefully someone is willing to step up with a frontage of shirt straight down the middle and sit out for a couple of weeks

Rare MCG game for us in a prime spot, hope the fans turn up and make it a big game atmosphere

My wife has organised to have dinner with my Tiger mate and family and a few others. We are going to get to watch it but I'm going to have to pretend not to be over invested in footy. I'm already shitty. If we lose I'm going to have to pretend not to care and act civilised. My Richmond mate will be alright, he's as much of a moron as me but some of the others aren't even footy people and they are hard to deal with. Inane questions when the game is tight and talking over all the good bits.

My wife has organised to have dinner with my Tiger mate and family and a few others. We are going to get to watch it but I'm going to have to pretend not to be over invested in footy. I'm already shitty. If we lose I'm going to have to pretend not to care and act civilised. My Richmond mate will be alright, he's as much of a moron as me but some of the others aren't even footy people and they are hard to deal with. Inane questions when the game is tight and talking over all the good bits.
Just say you have gastro and watch it on your phone in the toilet.

Good luck keeping up the facade if it's tight in the last!

My wife knows better than to organise a social event involving me when the footy is on!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Genuine 50/50 game, we may be well ahead of them on the ladder I don't think there is much separating the teams. They are in much better form then us over the past 6 weeks or so, although we seemed to re-discover something in the last quarter against Sydney.

A couple of things in our favour, longer break, they are coming back from Perth and we have had our bye. Got to hope they are banged up and ready for a break but I think Cotchin's 300th will negate that, they will be super motivated and their crowd will be up and about. If we can hold them early and be in the game at 3 quarter time we would be in good shape to run over the top.

Bolton is the key for them, would be surprised if we don't put a hard tag on him from the start. Interested to see how we hold up against their hard running spread, as per usual midfield is a worry and on paper they remind me of Adelaide with their ability to run which could open us up. No idea for this one and not confident to be honest.

Pretty different roles I reckon
Hammer has been subbed off for Sharman I think the last 2 games so it seems that the coaches think they can play pretty similar roles. Thought Coops looked like he was making an effort to crash some packs and also put some nice blocks on for King when he came on as well. Definitely doesn't have the aggression of the Hammer tho

Hammer looked pretty static against the Swans, and didn't chase too well, and I think got subbed off for Sharman as RL was trying to get a bit more movement in the forward half. Maybe on the MCG he may have a bit more room to move

Hammer looked pretty static against the Swans, and didn't chase too well, and I think got subbed off for Sharman as RL was trying to get a bit more movement in the forward half. Maybe on the MCG he may have a bit more room to move

I said it last week but I think that game against Sicily dented his confidence. Sicily pushed him under every marking contest, so I think he was a bit tentative to take front position. Although I dont think it will be any easier this week getting Grimes most likely. Hopefully he can get back on the bike this week and have an impact.

From memory he played quite well in our only other game at the MCG against Essendon so hopefully he can produce something similar in this game.

Some very non-detailed observations from training:

-First saw fwds go off and do fwd stoppage pressure drills, while rest of group played Team A v Team B loosely (not a huge amount of pressure), pure focus on transitioning from HB to the i50 kick and mark. Sincs and Nas clean, Mitchito and Kings hands were good too.

-Backs worked on clean pickup - ball was booted along the ground at them, run at the footy and clean pick, keep running, stab pass to teammate. Skills were very good considering it was wet/rainy

-Fwd stoppage plays. Big group, 2 teams, worked on throw in fwd 50 set plays, with Ro palming down to a roving Pou, Hill and other doing blocks for him as he went past. They did this repeatedly for about 5 mins.

-Early, Jones was being used in a back pocket to try and get the ball out of d50, but think it was more just as a target for the other teams fwds to pressure and apply tackles inside their f50. He got pinged 3 or 4 times.

-Hunter ran laps, appeared to be moving well.
-JB ran laps, then joined into match sim afterwards.

-Match sim was Team A (blue) v Team B (blue) although seemed to be a mixture of best 18. Everyone was very vocal, haven't heard them that loud in some time. Wilkie controlling defensive set up loudly. Hill surprisingly vocal. Ross Lyon very vocal. Would let the game go for about 45 seconds, as soon as it looked like someone would've been caught/tackled/kicked a snag, blew the whistle and brought them straight back either for centre ball up or throw in from a boundary to work on the plays they practiced earlier.

Feel free to ask any other questions, I'm sure I missed a lot and it's kinda hard to tell sometimes who you can see etc. but I'll answer as best as I can.

Cheers
Ripper post mate, love your work!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back