Preview Round 14, 2023: Richmond v St.Kilda - MCG, Saturday 17th June, 7:25PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Tigers

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • Saints

Votes: 49 79.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to win these 50/50ish games

We could end up with anywhere between 12 and 16 wins I reckon.

Somewhere in the middle would be nice
Tigers last 6 weeks have been very good

Yeah looking back at their form they probably deserve to be favourites. They really shouldn’t have dropped the Essendon game either.

Probably should be about even I reckon. They look to have more momentum than us though.

Only Geary flying the flag afterwards wtf... (why not us)

Might be the only player in the league whose highlights package of dog acts would be longer than his actual football highlights.

We should bring out Jack Lonie for the coin toss so the prick can get in his customary gut-punch

Detest that coif headed wankstain.
How he’s gotten away with it for all these years sickens me.
Would pay good money to see his eyes rolling into the back of his bobble head on Saturday. Get to work, Stock 😎

I'll settle for a broken collar bone. :)

Some very non-detailed observations from training:

-First saw fwds go off and do fwd stoppage pressure drills, while rest of group played Team A v Team B loosely (not a huge amount of pressure), pure focus on transitioning from HB to the i50 kick and mark. Sincs and Nas clean, Mitchito and Kings hands were good too.

-Backs worked on clean pickup - ball was booted along the ground at them, run at the footy and clean pick, keep running, stab pass to teammate. Skills were very good considering it was wet/rainy

-Fwd stoppage plays. Big group, 2 teams, worked on throw in fwd 50 set plays, with Ro palming down to a roving Pou, Hill and other doing blocks for him as he went past. They did this repeatedly for about 5 mins.

-Early, Jones was being used in a back pocket to try and get the ball out of d50, but think it was more just as a target for the other teams fwds to pressure and apply tackles inside their f50. He got pinged 3 or 4 times.

-Hunter ran laps, appeared to be moving well.
-JB ran laps, then joined into match sim afterwards.

-Match sim was Team A (blue) v Team B (blue) although seemed to be a mixture of best 18. Everyone was very vocal, haven't heard them that loud in some time. Wilkie controlling defensive set up loudly. Hill surprisingly vocal. Ross Lyon very vocal. Would let the game go for about 45 seconds, as soon as it looked like someone would've been caught/tackled/kicked a snag, blew the whistle and brought them straight back either for centre ball up or throw in from a boundary to work on the plays they practiced earlier.

Feel free to ask any other questions, I'm sure I missed a lot and it's kinda hard to tell sometimes who you can see etc. but I'll answer as best as I can.

Cheers

-First saw fwds go off and do fwd stoppage pressure drills, while rest of group played Team A v Team B loosely (not a huge amount of pressure), pure focus on transitioning from HB to the i50 kick and mark. Sincs and Nas clean, Mitchito and Kings hands were good too.

-Backs worked on clean pickup - ball was booted along the ground at them, run at the footy and clean pick, keep running, stab pass to teammate. Skills were very good considering it was wet/rainy

-Fwd stoppage plays. Big group, 2 teams, worked on throw in fwd 50 set plays, with Ro palming down to a roving Pou, Hill and other doing blocks for him as he went past. They did this repeatedly for about 5 mins.

-Early, Jones was being used in a back pocket to try and get the ball out of d50, but think it was more just as a target for the other teams fwds to pressure and apply tackles inside their f50. He got pinged 3 or 4 times.

-Match sim was Team A (blue) v Team B (blue) although seemed to be a mixture of best 18. Everyone was very vocal, haven't heard them that loud in some time. Wilkie controlling defensive set up loudly. Hill surprisingly vocal. Ross Lyon very vocal. Would let the game go for about 45 seconds, as soon as it looked like someone would've been caught/tackled/kicked a snag, blew the whistle and brought them straight back either for centre ball up or throw in from a boundary to work on the plays they practiced earlier.

Feel free to ask any other questions, I'm sure I missed a lot and it's kinda hard to tell sometimes who you can see etc. but I'll answer as best as I can.

Cheers
Stood guff Mave! 👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers
Hey mate, how did Jack Steele look? Supercoach related question. I didn't know until recently his family is from Daniher country before his Dad moved to the ACT. Build em tough out that way, too tough in some regards. His arm could have fallen off and he'd put the other one up to play.

Cheers

Were McKenzie and Hayes involved in match sim? Was Coffield present and training? Surprised to hear Billings taking part, he might return quicker than expected. Be also keen to hear how some of the other VFL players trained they had a really poor game on Friday?

Hey mate, how did Jack Steele look? Supercoach related question. I didn't know until recently his family is from Daniher country before his Dad moved to the ACT. Build em tough out that way, too tough in some regards. His arm could have fallen off and he'd put the other one up to play.
He trained okay, kind of how he's been playing. His running and intent was there, but sort of...blended in? Not particularly a stand out.
His knee must be pretty damn sore.

Were McKenzie and Hayes involved in match sim? Was Coffield present and training? Surprised to hear Billings taking part, he might return quicker than expected. Be also keen to hear how some of the other VFL players trained they had a really poor game on Friday?

Mckenzie was in most of the training, I can't specifically recall if he was in the match sim. Think he may have been.
Was vocal in some of the other drills, playing mainly wing.

I didn't see Coff, no.

I actually didn't see Hayes either now that I think about it.

Yeah JB looked to be moving pretty well. I assume they're managing his load, and offsetting it with some laps.

Paton looked okay, clean hands in the wet, but a little slow with decision making. Allowed the 'oppo' team to run past and set up.

Sharman wasn't particularly noticeable if I'm honest.

TC competed decently in the ruck against Ro, but nothing much more.

Keeler is fun to watch, he's a tall kid, glides along the ground albeit not that fast to the eye. Took some clean marks on the lead and kicked well.

Hotton (I think) has a lovely peg on him. Executed a few nice link up kicks between wing/hf into the middle.

Edit: Oh and McLennan did laps early but didn't see him after that.

Mckenzie was in most of the training, I can't specifically recall if he was in the match sim. Think he may have been.
Was vocal in some of the other drills, playing mainly wing.

I didn't see Coff, no.

I actually didn't see Hayes either now that I think about it.

Yeah JB looked to be moving pretty well. I assume they're managing his load, and offsetting it with some laps.

Paton looked okay, clean hands in the wet, but a little slow with decision making. Allowed the 'oppo' team to run past and set up.

Sharman wasn't particularly noticeable if I'm honest.

TC competed decently in the ruck against Ro, but nothing much more.

Keeler is fun to watch, he's a tall kid, glides along the ground albeit not that fast to the eye. Took some clean marks on the lead and kicked well.

Hotton (I think) has a lovely peg on him. Executed a few nice link up kicks between wing/hf into the middle.

Edit: Oh and McLennan did laps early but didn't see him after that.
Fabulous mate

Cheers
hope they spent some time practicing their goal kicking! Have to take our opportunities this weekend.

Cheers

Great report thank you!

Kicking moonball helicopters into the F50?
His snaps from the centre last week were really effective I thought (his normal moon balls not so much). But in tight, every one of our other mids May get the ball but have to retreat, go backwards or do a massive circle for some lousy pressured kick. His ability to do that quickly was pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back