Preview Round 14, 2023: Richmond v St.Kilda - MCG, Saturday 17th June, 7:25PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Tigers

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • Saints

Votes: 49 79.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Membrey played his best footy under Richo, almost as a KPF, then King came along and slotted into the FF role, Tim doesn't seem to quite fit into the forward setup, and is not really a CHF (which we really need). The younger guys in Poo and Caminiti now coming through could develop into CHF, and then Sharman lurking in the wings.

Is it just me or did our midfield play better without Clark in there? To me, we looked the best we have in a few weeks with Gresh running through there. Good to have his possesions out of the middle rathern than into the forward line.
I also read somewhere during the week (not sure if on here) that over the last month we have gone through a big training load to work towards an end of season taper so we are fit and primed to go at finals time.
Richmond can be dangerous but dont seem able to maintain it for a full game. They may get a run at some stage but we can hopefully withstand the assualt.
Saints by 132

Is it just me or did our midfield play better without Clark in there? To me, we looked the best we have in a few weeks with Gresh running through there. Good to have his possesions out of the middle rathern than into the forward line.
I also read somewhere during the week (not sure if on here) that over the last month we have gone through a big training load to work towards an end of season taper so we are fit and primed to go at finals time.
Richmond can be dangerous but dont seem able to maintain it for a full game. They may get a run at some stage but we can hopefully withstand the assualt.
Saints by 132
I like your summary but don’t agree with the pessimism. Only 132? Have some belief man. King and Owens will kick that between them.

Saints by 132
Clark didn’t play in there against Hawthorn and it’s the worst we’ve looked. I think the best we’ve looked was against the Dogs

The Swans not having Parker and Mills helped also.

Interesting stat: Max King is ranked number one for goals per game with 3.7 - well ahead if the next best in Cameron and Walker on 3.2 per game. And Max has done well against Richmond in the past so he should keep the lead or even extend it.

Interesting stat: Max King is ranked number one for goals per game with 3.7 - well ahead if the next best in Cameron and Walker on 3.2 per game. And Max has done well against Richmond in the past so he should keep the lead or even extend it.
2MP sitting on 5 per game, albeit one game played.

You’re right though, Max tracking beautifully. Crazy thing is it still feels like he has huge upside!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like talking about the club and taking the piss which I think has little to no correlation to my enjoyment of the game lol. I can't remember the last time I sat through a game that we weren't involved in bar the Grand Final. It's shocking to watch these days I reckon. Umpired terribly, skills are poor, saturated with media that are obsessed with champion data percentages and graphs. Taken the fun completely out of it.

Something that has stuck with me was when Geelong won their drought breaker in 2007 I had a couple of Cats mates who said that they were basically done with the game. Only stuck around to see their side finally win one and that had satisfied them enough to 'move on'. I reckon that's the way I'll go but kudos to anyone who is watching and will continue to watch more than just our games. Takes some courage to sit through lol
One of the best bings you can do is watch no media outside the actual games at all. I stumbled across this solution living abroad for 10 years and now in NSW. I don’t want to know anything about players off field, or who they are dating, or any of that. There is F all good analysis around atm despite the analysis being performed at a higher level in coaches boxes that ever before.

So my advice if you want it? Watch games, only watch saints games with the commentary on otherwise play music. Don’t watch any special comments shows outside of the saints game, and make your own mind up. Come to BigFooty for saints board for anything else you need to know…!

Would like to see us give Sharman given a block of 3+ games in the starting side. Hammer has dipped a bit in recent weeks, he has been great to watch and clearly a ton of upside but I feel like the initial enthusiasm that carried him has waned a bit and the AFL season is a marathon, not a sprint.

Coops would now be fully cognizant that he is a little down the current pecking order and I'd like to see him given a solid block to either demonstrate what he can do, or he needs to resign himself to Sandy for the rest of the year (barring injuries).

For the 23rd man, still not a whole lot to choose from in terms of AFL standard players, I guess Paton or Bytel the sub (pref. Bytel).

One of the best bings you can do is watch no media outside the actual games at all. I stumbled across this solution living abroad for 10 years and now in NSW. I don’t want to know anything about players off field, or who they are dating, or any of that. There is F all good analysis around atm despite the analysis being performed at a higher level in coaches boxes that ever before.

So my advice if you want it? Watch games, only watch saints games with the commentary on otherwise play music. Don’t watch any special comments shows outside of the saints game, and make your own mind up. Come to BigFooty for saints board for anything else you need to know…!
Exactly what i do
I dont watch any media at all
In fact ive only just started watching the ross press conf after the games.

The games ****ed and most of the media is following suit

2MP sitting on 5 per game, albeit one game played.

You’re right though, Max tracking beautifully. Crazy thing is it still feels like he has huge upside!
Now the commentators are saying we again King centric. I don't feel we are as much this year. What do you all think?

Now the commentators are saying we again King centric. I don't feel we are as much this year. What do you all think?
Doesn’t feel that way
And King doesn’t go deep into the pocket like he use to more top of the goal square

I think they are paid about 10x too much, there's about 10x too many of them and they're actually all just over-hyped marketing employees of the AFL. There's just far too much media all told.

KiNg haS plAyEd 3 gaMeZ - SaInT KiLda r WeEliant
god strike me!!

I get the sentiment in that but Steele has been very ordinary of late understandably due to his injuries (barring some great hussle when needed).
Don’t think we’d be so much cute as acting responsible.

I think he's been able to lift when we needed him late in games. He had 24 possessions, 7 tackles and 9 contested possessions last week. If Windhager or Bytel had a game like that we would be drooling. Half a Jack Steele is still a better option than the back ups.

I think he's been able to lift when we needed him late in games. He had 24 possessions, 7 tackles and 9 contested possessions last week. If Windhager or Bytel had a game like that we would be drooling. Half a Jack Steele is still a better option than the back ups.
His 2nd half last week and against GWS big reason we won

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back