Preview Round 15 – GWS Giants vs Hawthorn, Saturday 30th June 2018, 7.25pm, Spotless Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

GIANTS v Hawthorn
Saturday, June 30 at 7:25pm
Spotless Stadium
FB: Sam Taylor, Phil Davis, Jeremy Finlayson
HB: Sam Reid, Nick Haynes, Adam Tomlinson
C: Josh Kelly, Stephen Coniglio, Lachie Whitfield
HF: Zac Langdon, Rory Lobb, Callan Ward
FF: Jon Patton, Harry Himmelberg, Tim Taranto
RR: Dawson Simpson, Dylan Shiel, Ryan Griffen
Interchange: Aidan Corr, Matt de Boer, Jacob Hopper, Heath Shaw
In: Rory Lobb
Out: Jeremy Cameron
Emergencies: Aiden Bonar, Brent Daniels, Lachie Keeffe, Harry Perryman

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Gone again with a super tall team and if the team stays as it is I am not feeling confident of a win and even if there is a late out with one of the rucks I see it as a 50/50 game
Although after tonights game I can't see anyone on current form being able to get past the Tigers although a couple of injuries can turn things around but it would need to be one of the Tigers important 3 talls to go down would effect things for them

I think the fact Lobb has been building match fitness means him playing has significance beyond this game. I was worried with 4 weeks off he wouldn't be right this season now. If it's safe for him to play, and I'm not going to dispute the judgement of the medical staff, then getting him back on track with 9 rounds to go is a great surprise. It's possible Dawson could be a late out but more likely Rory spends a lot of time forward of the ball IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't expecting that!

Similar thought - hope he's actually 100% ready to go. I don't mind if he's played primarily as a tall forward & Simpson mainly rucks; the reality is they'll naturally switch around due to ground positioning.
Could he be smoke and mirrors to make them go tall backline then be a late out to be replaced with a fast small ?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Really ?

Yep
Staying the night.
Went up to Port Douglas for the week and decided to stay in Sydney for an extra couple of nights before driving back.
That way i get to see a game and little miss sees her 1st.

Last edited:
No he is going to "cross" paths with a great team and win.

See what I did there. Did you did you

d38b2c0e937afcbb1189e9eb4788822b.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back