Preview Round 15 2020 - Brisbane Lions vs Collingwood, The Gabba, Friday September 4th @ 7:50 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to admit, we have one in our group who is a Collingwood supporter.
A 12yr old girl but still a Collingwood supporter.
They're the worst, just ask Adam Goodes.

AA is the front row

And it's all unlicensed. And you normally take 12 steps to get to there. And etiquette dictates you introduce yourself around.

Did I miss any obvious ones?

I'm hoping that the bye has given us the freshen up we need to finish off the season strong.
All we need to do is replicate our form from last year and win our next nine games, with the added bonus that we will win our first couple of games next year to kickstart the premiership defence.
This is my version of reality and I will not be hearing any alternate opinions or 'facts'.

42 forward 50 entries for 42 shots on goal - 100% scoring efficiency

Goal scorers for the Lions won't get a mention.

Instead,it will be Point scorers:-

Clug 12, Hipwood 8, Zorko 5, Cameron 5, Neale 3, Mcstay 2, Bailey, McInerny.

Fullarton and Berry will disgrace themselves by kicking 3 goals straight and 2 goals straight

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goal scorers for the Lions won't get a mention.

Instead,it will be Point scorers:-

Clug 12, Hipwood 8, Zorko 5, Cameron 5, Neale 3, Mcstay 2, Bailey, McInerny.

Fullarton and Berry will disgrace themselves by kicking 3 goals straight and 2 goals straight
Selfish , not doing the team thing.

I hate that argument. Interstate teams have to travel a lot more because there are 10 teams in Victoria and 2 in every other state. What Victorian teams hardly ever get is a true home ground advantage that interstate teams have.

If there was ever a year for the lions to pinch a flag it’s this year. Rarely leaving your state playing teams on neutral grounds and own home ground. You will never get this free ride ever again. So make the most of it I say
No worries then, we will.

Wow, a lot of Collingwood hate here - its almost like you didnt have a period of absolute dominance against us...

Anyway, two games in a row we're coming up against teams who have a lot to prove. Carlton to prove there not pretenders and Lions to prove that they're to be taken seriously.

We've checked one off, the other will play out on Friday.

Good Luck, and for those going to the game enjoy it, we've sorely missed the footy down here!

Wow, a lot of Collingwood hate here - its almost like you didnt have a period of absolute dominance against us...

Anyway, two games in a row we're coming up against teams who have a lot to prove. Carlton to prove there not pretenders and Lions to prove that they're to be taken seriously.

Good Luck, and for those going to the game enjoy it, we've sorely missed the footy down here!

All Collingwood hate aside, genuinely love games like this against the big Vic clubs. Feels like we (being a northern team) have a chip on our shoulder against the big Victorian clubs, so always feel more invested compared to other games. Should be a cracking match.

I find I have a lot less hate these days for Collingwood. Buckley’s likeable as a coach. Didak who I never liked is a distant memory. Just don’t play the unfair turnaround card.
Always enjoy the build up of a Friday nighter.

The Lions dislike of Collingwood runs very deep. (To be fair I was a Collingwood supporter - Daicos playing in 35 was my hero until Qld got a team) We then watched Buckley get drafted and then leave for greater opportunities and to play in Finals. Poetic justice he has not won a grand final and we went on to win 3. We then watch Eddie McGuire dismantle or retention allowance so we lost young players to raids by the Victorian clubs and the Pies did benefit from that. Mind you Swans, GWS and Suns still have that allowance. We watched as Eddie got our recruiting zone changed so Reiwaldt went into the draft when he would have been in our zone. Most recently we watched as Aish did the same as Buckley and just used us to get to the Pies. It's not been about the Pies team as such, us Queensland supporters don't go back that far it's always been about 'Big Brother' seeming to use and abuse the little guys outside of Victoria and in particular the Lions just because we beat the Pies twice to get the flag. None the less, we are in general a pretty good bunch on here to other boards I've read, we tend to fight among ourselves more and welcome input of other club's supporters, so thanks for dropping by.

These days I find it is Eddie that puts me off.......I like Bucks, he has matured into a really decent person (it took many years to forget what he did though) and I have found myself barracking for Pies a couple of times e.g. if playing Essendon or Carlton.

Shut Eddie up and his whinging and the Pies might be a lot more likable.

The thing I never understood is fat head Ed whinged enough to get COLA scrapped, but only from us. Other teams still have it, I no comprehend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back