Preview Round 15, 2023 - St. Kilda vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I think about it and just reading your post I don't understand at all why they wouldn't play Fort here.

But I still think they're not going at all well enough to really trouble us. Unless we revert back to our not interested days like 2 weeks ago.
It is a gamble especially as Fagan has a big preference playing 3 talls forward.
I thought if Fort missed out Fullarton would get a go. But happy enough to see how this works v Saints.

In the end i think the choice was not to drop the 2 young guys that performed well last week.

After that it was who can make way for that to happen with only McCluggage to come back in.
I think it really had to be a forward.
Charlie was our worse forward last week, but he gets a pass.
Fort was the next worst.
Fort is a better ruck than forward and did his best work in the 3rd quarter as a ruck.
However, nothing to get excited about in his other 3 quarters. Only 1 mark for the game and that was in the 3rd quarter too.

Fort: quarter x quarter v Swans.

QuarterDisposalsHitoutsRuck ContestsTacklesMarks
1st Quarter11310
2nd Quarter20220
3rd Quarter46 (3 clearances 2C,1S)1601
4th Quarter10400
Totals87 (3 clearances 2C,1S)2531

It is a gamble especially as Fagan has a big preference playing 3 talls forward.
I thought if Fort missed out Fullarton would get a go. But happy enough to see how this works v Saints.

In the end i think the choice was not to drop the 2 young guys that performed well last week.

After that it was who can make way for that to happen with only McCluggage to come back in.
I think it really had to be a forward.
Charlie was our worse forward last week, but he gets a pass.
Fort was the next worst.
Fort is a better ruck than forward and did his best work in the 3rd quarter as a ruck.
However, nothing to get excited about in his other 3 quarters. Only 1 mark for the game and that was in the 3rd quarter too.

Fort: quarter x quarter v Swans.

QuarterDisposalsHitoutsRuck ContestsTacklesMarks
1st Quarter11310
2nd Quarter20220
3rd Quarter46 (3 clearances 2C,1S)1601
4th Quarter10400
Totals87 (3 clearances 2C,1S)2531
I'm not convinced Fort won't work as a forward and he got his hands on it often enough but just didn't stick them. The other factor is Oscar was really fresh in the last quarter and that helped us a lot. To my eye in the 3rd he was dominating the ruck but it just didn't go our way a lot of the time.

Personally not a big one for stats ,especially for individuals, the hitouts and hitout to advantage stats are just inaccurate , in fact many stats are inaccurate , he was a big body that got in the way a lot.

I was schooled in the value of a big body lurking around the field back in the day when the game was a lot different ,but I still think it's very much underestimated these days.

I suppose this means Zorko is still injured?.

In any case, Hugh is a big in and must improve the side..

Fletcher was almost undroppable and I'm really happy that Kai is getting another go.

Irrespective of whether Gardiner was right to play Lester deserved to be retained.

Huge game.

Our cricketers overcame Bazball

Can we overcome Rossball?

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back