Autopsy Round 15: Docherty 81 - Dockery 50

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm always nice :laughv1:

You of all people can take a gentle dig in the ribs. I'm sure your wife loves you very much, and is always grateful to do your ironing on Game Day whilst you scream at the football and listen to underground Hip Hop :joycat::flushed::tongueoutv1::whistle:
Hip hop?

WsS has gotten me onto some very good music.

No. Let me f@#$ing cope! :p

You may be joking but it is a way of coping and venting frustration. That is also why I like the match thread. I may go overboard sometimes but it is a way of me venting without putting my fist through the screen.

You may be joking but it is a way of coping and venting frustration. That is also why I like the match thread. I may go overboard sometimes but it is a way of me venting without putting my fist through the screen.
Like all things when it comes to footy banter there is a level of realism that, for the entire public discourse we pretend isn't there but secretly know is. I'm definitely a tantrum thrower who cools down very quickly towards rational thought: I do need that histrionic over-dramstisation to get it out of the system to cope though.

If you're doing this s**t on Wednesday then you may have an issue letting go...

What has happened to Darcy this year? Seriously missing his imposing figure around the ground.
Must be playing injured, has not reached the heights of last year at all. Believe me, he's been in my Supercoach team all year.

Hip hop?

WsS has gotten me onto some very good music.
just a bit of light-hearted humour. Surely it's not that hard to spot? W/W/S knows I have the upmost respect for him and has impeccable tastes in music, his last 2 suggestions in the what are you listening to thread are prime examples. We all need a bit of a cheer-up after that dismal display. Just doing me bit for the cru :gigglev1:

Just got home. What's the best summary of the game?
The midfield got dominated in every available facet - Fyfe and Mundy both are defensively unaccountable and ineffective when they rarely win the ball. Serong and Brawshaw both down. Darcy played poor and clearly is running injured. Brodie OK. As a collective, Blues midfield taught us a hard lesson in winning it and surging it forward. Lack of forward pressure also an issue when we did rarely get it in.

Henry played his best game of AFL for mine. Our defence was also good but weight of numbers broke them eventually.

Just got home. What's the best summary of the game?

Everything that looked bad against the Hawks got ruthlessly shoved into the light and there is not 1 midfielder in the game I would take before Sam Walsh and if weitering played we would have kicked about 4 goals for the game

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From a personnel perspective, the main thing we’re missing is the big, attacking wingers (O’Driscoll and Acres). From a performance perspective, it was the lack of defensive accountability in the middle and up forward. They walked it out of the middle and they walked it out of our forward line. Yes, Switkowski would help with that, but it just looked like a very flat team jogging around at half pace and tackling with very little effort. We were flat, they’re a good side. Need to bounce back.

Henry was very good. If he plays like that every week, he stays in and Banfield comes out when we get Acres back (and Chapman for Hughes, obviously).
Good overview and a few positives to extract. There's always a few drifting around in the ether, irregardless of the poor outcome. Henry for instance :)

Everyone's hot under the collar and rightly so, it was a pip-poor performance. We all know that - but it's not indicative of what we have been doing and what we're normally dishing up. I think there's a few things that need addressing, the midfield mix is the most obvious, can't have all of Fyfe/Mundy etc for large chunks of the game, it just isn't the right chemistry anymore. Got to think long and hard about what we need in the forward mix going forward too, not just for the remainder of this year.

I saw the knives come out for Lobb - and rightly so, he was a lot poorer. But to say he has been up until this game is criminally biased and erroneous, he's been a lot more involved in the contests and really leading the charge up to now. That being said, I've always worried Tabs/Lobb "key forward combo" isn't potent enough and if we look at Curnow and McKay as opposite ends of the spectrum, you can see why.

Many people want to shunt Lobb out the club and get Jackson in ASPA, and fair enough. But I maintain - Lobb is still our leading goal-kicker for the season and that's probably an alarming stat, it shows you just how much we lack great KPF craft - then you consider how much people want to flog him off for Jackson, in fact it's an alarming indictment on our forward line overall when you realise how much we rely on Lobb/Tabs and how raw everyone else is (KPF stocks..) coming through.....pretty big concerns that don't present any immediate fixes for mine, especially with Amiss and Treacy on the sidelines injured.

With 8 rounds left we're running out of time. Might be too late to start trying to tinker now, I also don't get why we don't play Sturt if he's going over, I know he's probably allowed to see family and that's good of the club, but if he's not getting selected because of 'intensity', he's not going to get it sippping tea with his mum! He needs to be playing because he's one of the few classy medium forwards we have, and if we're not using Logue down there who has provided some spark, we sure as hell aren't getting much off Fyfe and Banfield (his excellent 4 goal game aside, he's never going to be consistent enough) when we need goals. Could easily have moved Banfield to medi-sub and at least get Sturt in and see if he can impact at that level where (you'd hope!) the service is better. Hell, at this moment in time even Fyfe as medi-sub feels like it creates better team balance and I get no pleasure in saying that, I just wonder if those reconstructions have took their toll, it's a brutal game at the best of times.

We need more pressure from other smalls too, not just Walters and Switta. Them + Acres out really hurt us, but if we're 'next man in' mentality and we think we have a deeper list, we need to see more evidence of it. We sure as hell didn't today...

Wings got destroyed, reamed by Fisher, LOB, Newnes and Cottrell. Then add Walsh on top of that. Yes read those names again (FISHER, LOB, NEWNES AND COTTRELL)
Carlton kept their width all day while we got sucked into the contest time and time again.
Think we got sucked inside because they had to, the guys inside couldn’t lay a hand on the Carlton guys and they walked it out time and time again

-ve:
We seemed on our heals for most of the match. As a collective we seemed slow of action and thought.
I must admit I’m worried about Mundy. Three times in two games he has turned the ball over kicking to the corridor. The best make mistakes but I don’t think I can remember him turning the ball over “so much” in his whole career.

+ve
I was nervous about playing Henry today but was very impressed. He could become the poster child of the benefits of giving young players time to develop In the seconds. He hasn’t arrived yet but at least showed he is on his way (hopefully 🤞).

Missed Blake, fyfe doesn't seem too fit in..he is upsetting the flow.
Playing off the buy, bi, bye.
Banners is still the scapegoat. Fred had a quiet game.
* I hate carlton.
There supporters sound like eagles w***er supporters from the t.v.

Positives Liam has found his feet.
Tabs is back

This is actually the most perfect summation. Agree with every single point, and want to emphasise:

* I hate carlton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back