Preview Round 17 vs Port Adelaide Power @ Etihad, Sun 1:10pm July 13th

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering we made the finals last year with a young list I think Thomas will still be around for our next finals appearance which you'd predict is likely to be 2015 depending how our young blokes like Miles, Cotch, Jack, Vlas, Dusty, Astbury, Conca, McBean, Lennon, Vick, Griff, Grimes & Rance go on. His main offering maybe depth or protection to our ball winners. He's not 37 years old. Been quite good for pick 42 in the Rookie draft.
I'll be very surprised if Thomas is playing in our next finals side. I think those two events coinciding are so unlikely they are almost impossible.

Happy to be held to account if it ever occurs.

My feeling is that there is a bit more riding on this game than some might think.

Not only do Port badly need to get back on the winner's list, but Dimma's confidence rebuild plan is also on the line.

If Port lose they can just about kiss the chance of a top four berth goodbye.

They will go in hard.

And if the Tigers fail to impress, the backroom pressure on Dimma will intensify.

Given all that I'm curious to see how hard the Tigers approach the contest on Sunday.

May say a lot about the real level of support Dimma has from the playing group.

Anyone else surprised at the disenchantment towards the club at the moment? Bad form lapses and injuries to ruckman, key midfielders and key position defenders have crueled us but we haven't been in such a good position to bounce back from a poor year in years. Off field we're flying. People are reacting like it's an episode of Days of our Lives!

Anyone else surprised at the disenchantment towards the club at the moment? Bad form lapses and injuries to ruckman, key midfielders and key position defenders have crueled us but we haven't been in such a good position to bounce back from a poor year in years. Off field we're flying. People are reacting like it's an episode of Days of our Lives!

Massive detachment more then anything else. I'll watch the game each week, mostly on TV this year (despite living 5 minutes from the G). I don't really care about the result - then i don't think about it too much during the week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Except at this point in the season I think it should be a no brainer to have Morris go under the knife and Dea showing us what he has.
Dea has shown us what he has got, played the last 7 games and gave a good account of himself. Now he gets to go back to the VFL and work on a few things so that he can improve again.

Morris is rising 26. That's football middle age. Lloyd is 24.
Might be 26 but he is still yet to complete his 3rd season in the AFL and Lloyd is 2/3 of the way through his first year in the system. If we can allow players like Arnot O'Hanlon Helbig Ellis Vlastuin and even Conca to be labelled as kids in their 2nd 3rd & 4th seasons then surely it can be used to describe mature aged players in the same scenario.

So after 13 pages of tantrums it turns out that Dimma made the correct call and made very logical changes. It won't matter though, last nights team announcement has further ingrained the "Dimma plays favourites" mentality amongst the pitchfork brigade. Despite making very good selections Dimma's reputation at the selection table has taken another unjustified hit.

Dea has shown us what he has got, played the last 7 games and gave a good account of himself. Now he gets to go back to the VFL and work on a few things so that he can improve again.

Might be 26 but he is still yet to complete his 3rd season in the AFL and Lloyd is 2/3 of the way through his first year in the system. If we can allow players like Arnot O'Hanlon Helbig Ellis Vlastuin and even Conca to be labelled as kids in their 2nd 3rd & 4th seasons then surely it can be used to describe mature aged players in the same scenario.
Oren is only in his 3rd season of AFL, is he still a kid then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back