Preview Round 19, 2021: Adelaide v Hawthorn, 24 July 2021, 7.40pm @ Marvel Stadium

Winner and margin

• Hawks by 60+ points

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • Hawks by 30-59 points

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • Hawks by 15-29 points

Votes: 22 36.7%
  • Hawks by 1-14 points

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Crows by 1-14 points

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • Crows by 15-29 points

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Crows by 30-59 points

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crows by 60+ points

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the last 10 weeks of footy which hawthorn will turn up? The switched on, high pressure side with senior players playing well or the listless, soulless crap we dished up vs suns, bombers, freo?

Sorry to nitpick, but that game against Essendon was a complete arm wrestle that we were in up to our eyeballs and probably would have won with some goal kicking accuracy. Do you mean the game against Port Adelaide?

Clarkson made mention of TOB's game in his presser. Doubt he's going to drop him after declaring what a good job he did.

Need a match up for the greatest small forward who ever lived, Charlie so if Dimma is fit he’s the man. Otherwise Greaves stays as he’s our next best small defender.

In: Scrim (Dimma)
Out: Silk (Sub) (Greaves)

Midfield balance was better last night so hopefully those guys all remain (barring injuries).

Need a match up for the greatest small forward who ever lived, Charlie so if Dimma is fit he’s the man. Otherwise Greaves stays as he’s our next best small defender.

In: Scrim (Dimma)
Out: Silk (Sub) (Greaves)

Midfield balance was better last night so hopefully those guys all remain (barring injuries).
Greaves will be torched by Cameron - far too slow. Burgoyne probably even worse these days.

That could be the match-up that sinks us - Frost is our only defender with speed, maybe him?

Had probably his 2nd best game of the year but I guess nothing stops the "drop Howe".

I would think Greaves out plus any injured managed.

Scrimshaw back and only players at 100%. So we may not risk Wingard or Hardwick.
Thats wasn't in Howes top 5 performances for the year, who do you suggest makes way for Hardwick, Wingard and Scrimshaw??

I thought Cousins was bold and creative, tonight. He mongreled a kick or two, but wasn't taking a backwards step. Made our midfield deeper. Hoping he stays, if he's in the plans for future depth. He always gives 100%

INS: Scrimshaw.
OUTS: Jeka maybe, but want more games into him. Tough job for selection panel, balancing the future and the now.

? Really not sure who else is fit to go. Or if any injured.

Wouldn't mind seeing Callow, but short on form due to no VFL game. Maybe DGB's shoulder needs a rest?
Just needs to swap the gumboots for footy boots and he'll be a great player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m dropping Burgoyne and Greaves for Nash and Hardwick/Scrim… whoever is fit.
I do t think there needs to be too much adjustment here after that win.
Newcombe can sit on the sidelines til he can run out a game. Sit the other boys out for the year until it’s absolutely necessary. Bring them back through box hill if necessary. The balance seems right atm and that is something to bottle moving forward. It’s not necessarily going to be a repeat effort across the board but let’s look at the combinations and give it time.
We know what doesn’t work. Let’s play with what might.
Absolutely #playthekids and get on the unsociable Hawks to return.
Wasn’t it “if you can’t kick you can’t play”? I think it will be “if you don’t go you can go”. Uncompromising football, whatever that looks like.
There is a window here for a team to go there as the next big thing IMO and bring the game back to what it should look like.
I hope that is Hawthorn.

I think Cousins may get an extended run because he might be the slow mid we have that makes way next year. He is tradeable for a 3rd or 4th rounder IMO and needs to keep his value up. Is he RFA? Burger only has a a few games until its curtains so expect him to stay. Greaves out for Scrim and Jeka for Chad if he gets up. Jeka is a keeper but this might be about balance. I want Brockman to stay and continue to develop, so no other option for Chad in my view.
He's not slow mate, Cousins is not slow. That's just...

They also had Breust middling when he directly assisted or kicked 5 of our goals.

Cousins had some good passages but he had multiple opportunities to take advantage of us getting out the back and he just mindlessly put it on the boot. Not up to it.
He bullet passed one out of no where to kossie on his non pref, had like 1-2 bad ones. 1 was a bomb forward to 2 spares and one was a mongrel kick inside 50. That was just about as bad as it got and there was so much more good, good connection with noodle and macca and great speed from contest and great kicking at times.

TOB will stay. He stitched Tom McDonald up last night. I thought he was very solid continually rolling off his man and effecting the spoil
Not if Scrimshaw is fit, Scrimshaw is better at everything. Unless we drop Frost/Hartigan (DGB will 100% stay) then it's TOB.

I think Greaves and O'Brien are in most danger of being dropped. I also think Silk is on the edge. Silk is getting out muscled more and more with few demonstrations of silky skills. I think the iron warrior is finally starting to wear out. I really hope he takes a coaching position with Mitch, maybe head of player development. I think Burgoyne will be an exceptional coach.
Mate you're on drugs. Burgoyne was fantastic, some of his kicks off HB were elite, beat his man most of the ngiht whoever it was and was tackling like a 20 year old.

Greaves will be torched by Cameron - far too slow. Burgoyne probably even worse these days.

That could be the match-up that sinks us - Frost is our only defender with speed, maybe him?
Greaves isn't slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back