Preview Round 2, 2021: Hawthorn v Richmond, 28 March 2021, 1.10pm @ Melbourne Cricket Ground

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okie doke - here's what I think will happen:

1. In - Scrimshaw Out - Hanrahan.
2. We won't play as attacking, at least in the first half.
3. Timbo will kick 3
4. Lynch/Riewoldt combo will kick 4
5. Richmond smalls won't get free riegn like they used to
6. Dusty will get 30+ and kick a bag - let's accept it now. He's amazing.
7. Mitchell will get 30+
8. Richmond will target CJ and Jars.
9. Hawks will attack LONG and deep. Goalsquare bombs. It definitely won't work as well this week.
10. Richmond will sweat on us making mistakes and get most of their scores from turnovers.
11. Hawks will win by 23 points (Put the house on it)

Impressed at how you still manage to come to your conclusion in point 11 in spite of the narrative before that!

Oh oh, seems like it'll be a nightmare getting into the G then, wasn't too bad getting into Marvel last Saturday night.

So basically these days anyone without a smart phone or a phone that dies can't go to the footy anymore, which is a shame as not all elderly have a smart phone.
The decision to lock down and impose social restrictions is heavily weighted by the impact of Covid on elderly people. Given the cost imposed on everyone else, I’m comfortable with elderly people needing to buy a smart phone if they want to attend the football 👍

(not wanting to start a debate on lockdowns etc!)

3. Timbo will kick 3
7. Mitchell will get 30+
9. Hawks will attack LONG and deep. Goalsquare bombs. It definitely won't work as well this week.
10. Richmond will sweat on us making mistakes and get most of their scores from turnovers.
You forgot to mention we will once again be flogged in the free kick department.

Last edited:
OK grudge is probably the wrong word, but in saying that you’re still talking about what he did last year as if it has some impact to what he did on the weekend at Box Hill and what he’s done over the preseason in order to tick boxes for the coaches, and particularly Sam.

Every player gets a clean slate after 2020.

Of course what players did last year has an impact on team selection. If it didn’t, you wouldn’t have picked Mitchell in round 1 because he barely had a preseason. At the start of a season, the previous year will always have an impact. Happens in every sport.

3. Timbo will kick 3
7. Mitchell will get 30+
I love the LP predictions

(Especially when you predict a win because you have ******* form)

Of course what players did last year has an impact on team selection. If it didn’t, you wouldn’t have picked Mitchell in round 1 because he barely had a preseason. At the start of a season, the previous year will always have an impact. Happens in every sport.
Yes to a certain degree they do but this years pre season form plays a part because Brockman, Kosi and Downie made the team

It’s a pretty good equalistation policy that has a side that just finished bottom 4 lining up against the reigning B2B premier with 2 days extra rest.

Great stuff, Gil.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a pretty good equalistation policy that has a side that just finished bottom 4 lining up against the reigning B2B premier with 2 days extra rest.

Great stuff, Gil.
As you should know full well by now, some are more equal than others.

Its definitely a bias related to writing a player off

Who is saying players can't improve? And how is it being biased by highlighting how certain players were out of their depth when they last played? That's not bias, that's an observation.

Obviously every player improving is good for the club, which is what we all want at the end of the day. But one good game in the VFL (against what will prove to be a weak Essendon side) doesn't erase everything we've seen to date. A few weeks of that kind of performance in a row and he will deserve another go, IMO.

Great stuff, Gil.
We've still got a 7 1/2 day break. Not sure theres much you could do?

We've still got a 7 1/2 day break. Not sure theres much you could do?
Not play the best side in the comp with 2 days less break.

Who is saying players can't improve? And how is it being biased by highlighting how certain players were out of their depth when they last played? That's not bias, that's an observation.

Obviously every player improving is good for the club, which is what we all want at the end of the day. But one good game in the VFL (against what will prove to be a weak Essendon side) doesn't erase everything we've seen to date. A few weeks of that kind of performance in a row and he will deserve another go, IMO.
Yeah no one said he should be in this week. Just mentioned that he had a great game. He also had a good game last week. If you are devaluing what he did then whatever everyone else did which includes scrimshaw and lewis has to be equally devalued. I just saw a reaction to his name being mentioned as one of the better players

:think: :shrug:
Absolutely no idea. From memory, I'd quoted an opposition fan.
Yeah and that's who you quoted. But I got a notification saying I was quoted, and I click on that notification and it takes me to that post.

I suggest you read Mitchell's write up.
Tob kicked 2 set up 7. Played in a higher standard of footy. Clarko loved kosi's game. Mitchell though nash was fan f'n tastic.

Based on 4 kpf playing super games according 2 their coaches. We'll keep the ones who played at the higher levels... at the higher levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back