Autopsy Round 2 vs Melbourne Demons, Metricon Stadium, Saturday March 26, 7:00pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Top 4 clash. First game back home since July 17th against the Bulldogs.

Who comes in and who goes out? I don't believe we had any injuries so there's the possibility we go in unchanged.

The Witts v Gawn battle will obviously massively influential in this game.

Are we expecting a big crowd against the defending premiers?

Discuss.

Winning side will probably go unchanged. So good to see Witts run out the game.
Dmac had a shocker and would replace him with either Flanders or Sexton but might stay in
Hopefully Izak keeps his head and kicks another 4 this coming week at home.
Can't wait.
Go Suns

Please bring Flanders or Sexton over MacPherson. Absolute liability with ball in hand.
Their trio of Gawn, Patracca and Oliver is what sets them apart from the comp. After seeing Witts dominate Nic Nait tonight gives me hope that he can match it with Gawn.
Hopefully just a down game for Anderson and should be at least competitive on the middle.

Unfortunately, I can’t see our forwards kicking a winning score against that Melbourne backline, even on their best day.

Really looking forward to going to the first home game for the year. Go suns

.Dees to bring the pressure all game lets see if we can stay composed, Petracca gonna be hard to stop

Can't wait.
Go Suns
Imagine a full Metricon going crazy for Rankine after he kicks a freakish goal. I think we'd all love to see that!

This game almost feels like a free hit for us. No one will be expecting a Suns win but it would really put the wind up a few if we found way to get the W.

If we can keep the scoreline close and maintain a place in the top 8 then I think we'd walk away fairly satisfied but obviously you want to win every game possible.

Goalkicking practice during the week is a must!

Please drop Darcy and graham..
We need a goal kicker. Would love to see Corbett back in.
Would also love to see Lukosius push up the ground more to be that high half forward who delivers into the 50,
I feel that’s where our biggest issue is. That and goal kicking!

Please drop Darcy and graham..
We need a goal kicker. Would love to see Corbett back in.
Would also love to see Lukosius push up the ground more to be that high half forward who delivers into the 50,
I feel that’s where our biggest issue is. That and goal kicking!
I think we might have to keep Graham for next week. Demons usually play with McDonald, Brown and have the spare ruckman roll forward

Pains me to say but we might need Graham, as he allowed Ballard to roam free. I think he just needs to be a match-up dependant pick, and Dees have a tall forward line. I could live if we didn’t play him though.

But as harsh as it sounds, DMac needs to be dropped. Killed momentum several times with hospital balls or missed handballs and this isn’t a one-off from where I sit.

He also had only one tackle and ten pressure acts (for reference Luko had 11 and Fiorini—who people criticise for a lack of defence—had 25!), so Darcy being in the team for his pressure is just false. He wasn’t the only player to have a dirty night, but he is my first choice for a change. We’ll see.

Winning side will probably go unchanged. So good to see Witts run out the game.
Dmac had a shocker and would replace him with either Flanders or Sexton but might stay in
Can't wait.
Go Suns

Maybe the writings on the wall for DM..........he only had 47% TOG.....

Graham to stay in against Melbourne’s tall forwards.
But can he try and mark the ball when free.

Don’t know if it’s lack of awareness - poor talk from his team mates.

Could have had 2-3 easy intercept marks last night but goes the gigantic fist instead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Macpherson for Flanders only change at this stage I can see.

Graham to play his last game for a while. The bloke is just not a footballer. Would’ve been great 25 years ago when his sole job was to stop the full forward kicking a bag, but all he can do is stick his arm up and hope to fist it away.

We need a Oleg/Buddas back as a backline of Collins, Ballard, Graham, Lemmens, Swallow just butchers the ball and we are relying on Powell and Weller to generate any rebound attack.

Ainsworth needs to get better at finding a target inside 50 as he is killing us with that final kick, but I feel he got better as the game went on. The whole forward line started to look better which was good.

We are gonna get pumped but if we can play like we did in the fourth quarter last night it will at least make it worth the price of admission.

With rain and thunderstorms forecast I think it evens the contest a lot more.. I would like to see sexton come in could be handy in those conditions
Wettest summer I can remember, hopefully the boys are used to the conditions. And considering our key forwards only directive is bring the ball to ground, we might be a better chance than people think

Got to do more than spoil and contest
When he gets the ball in hand-(thank god it's rarely)-he looks like a deer in the headlights
Plenty of players have made their career off spoiling and contesting. The only goal his man got the entire game was after the Willie Rioli cannonball into Rowell where he got a cheapy out the back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back