Game Day Round 20, 2022: St Kilda v Hawthorn, 4.35pm @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is it about the saints we struggle with? Is it that they're the best bad side? We seem to do well against good sided and bad against bad sides, so is it the fact that they're s**t and unpredictable that works against us?
I was going to ask the same question. I can't believe how ordinary we are against St.Kilda. I'm happy to concede the Saints are a better team right now, but we should not be getting thrashed by them.

What is it about the saints we struggle with? Is it that they're the best bad side? We seem to do well against good sided and bad against bad sides, so is it the fact that they're s**t and unpredictable that works against us?
Lots of big bodies and they get the game on their terms as we can’t match them physically.

Watching this, I actually felt like this was a repeat of the game at the start of the year. I just think the Saints play dirty (I’m pretty sure they piled their bodies on backs last time) and get away with a lot. Just my opinion though.

Hawks are learning a new system and just don’t have the skills yet to get over the line. Saints are going nowhere based on this performance. All the rest of the eight will make short work of them.

Butler FF and
Two rucks and two key forwards from now on forever please.

Don't think we've won a game with three key forwards.
And now Butler our FF. Or hang on he can't kick a footy directly in front from 30m. Sorry to be so harsh - but I can't stand this bleeding.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lots of big bodies and they get the game on their terms as we can’t match them physically.

That's only true at stoppages.

They have successfully shut down our playmakers (today Newcombe, previously Sicily) so they get repeated F50 entries. They also play on at all costs, which we refuse to do when the chips are down. In other words, our defenders are never in position, and their defenders frequently are (as well as scragging and tackling our forwards without the ball, a hallmark of every single side that has beaten us consistently in the Clarkson era. Umpires don't care.)

Hoping for a free? 😂
Today?
Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back