Game Day Round 20: Adelaide v Carlton in "The Battle of the Ken Hinkley Understudies"

Remove this Banner Ad

We've been very inconsistent this season and poor in front of goal but the talent is there and this was without Rachele, Thilthorpe, Taylor and Nankervis playing tonight.
Add Cook and Gollant to that list of likelies and things are looking ok for the future .

We've been very inconsistent this season and poor in front of goal but the talent is there and this was without Rachele, Thilthorpe, Taylor and Nankervis playing tonight.
I didn't say we don't have talent, I said talent didn't get us the win tonight. Pure work rate, which is great but not the sort of thing that you can do 22 games a year

I didn't say we don't have talent, I said talent didn't get us the win tonight. Pure work rate, which is great but not the sort of thing that you can do 22 games a year
There were a few creative in tight handball and ball movement which we saw early in the season and the class of Soligo and Fogarty showed, Shoenberg also showed some classy touches which we saw last year and Jones continued to show his toughness using his elite pace.

There were a few creative in tight handball and ball movement which we saw early in the season and the class of Soligo and Fogarty showed, Shoenberg also showed some classy touches which we saw last year and Jones continued to show his toughness using his elite pace.
Bits and pieces, definitely. But plenty of that from the blues too. They just didn't work as hard.

How good is Fogarty. My goodness

Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nicks vs Voss.
Berry vs Cripps.
McHenry vs Saad.

Put Saad down for 30+.

Will we see something... anything... tonight?

No unforced changes after two losses screams a quality list.

Anyway, have at it. Tipping Carlton by 29.
Saad is a great player.
Nicks ****ed him up big time with Killer Keays.

Rewatching the game, funny to see at quarter time when Fog kicks the goal and the siren goes, Tex gets around him, then spots Brodie Smith and gets serious and mouths "Oi Oi".

Wonder what he said to him?

A lot to like about tonight. Coaching included( even though it's straight up plagiarised from the Bigfooty brainstrust).

Could this be the turning point in out season?
Yep, us nuffies on BF have been saying it for the last couple of months...
Lets give Worrell a go, he's been playing well.
How about trying Keays off HFF
How about giving our young mids more meaningful time in at CBA
And Fog, he's just an excitement machine, something good happens every time he gets the ball

Last edited:
Have tried their butts off for most of the season for little reward so everytime we win it is always good. Walker was great, in fact they all were. Fogarty's hanger was just his signature move, whoever puts on the 32 jumper has always been great for our club. There is a chance we could win all remaining games and finish this season strongly, but also a chance we can drop them all too. I expect the win vs North, West Coast and Port 50/50 games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back