Game Day Round 20: Adelaide v Carlton in "The Battle of the Ken Hinkley Understudies"

Remove this Banner Ad

Amazed at some of the confidence in this thread :$

If we get within 6 goals i'll be seriously surprised.
Nicks said we're in a good position. Not sure what he was referring to, he does make a lot of statements that don't make any sense.

Anyway, we're in a good position for something so I reckon if we turn it into a real scrap (I'm looking at you McFlurry) then Carlton may be put off their game sufficiently for us to snag a win with McFlurry slotting one from a tight angle 45m out.

Or, Nick's will be saying at his presser that he was proud of the way we hung in there against a quality side - meaning we got done by 3-4 goals.

The only way we get 4 points is if Carlton don't know how to get to Adelaide Oval and forfeit after getting lost.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Send them to the Bakery on O'Connell. They'll think they're at Brunetti's on Lygon Street.

This will go one of two ways

Either we match them for 2 quarters and fall away in the second half to lose by 6-8 goals

Or we are 6-8 goals down at quarter time and break even for the rest of the match
Would be nice to have a decent start & a 4 quarter effort, without any major time lapses.

For me this is more important than the outcome.

Woke up went for a beautiful breakfast, bacon runny eggs,cheese on toast&tomato, mug of latte, put on the combustion heater snuggle in for a nice relaxing day, now watch something stuff it up……🦅
Damn now I'm hungry. All I've had today is coffee. It wasn't even good coffee either. It was one of those Starbucks pods. 🤦‍♂️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Woke up went for a beautiful breakfast, bacon runny eggs,cheese on toast&tomato, mug of latte, put on the combustion heater snuggle in for a nice relaxing day, now watch something stuff it up……🦅

missus has brought home Turkish bread and I'm going to make a steak sandwich. One thing that I can say about my version of covid is that it hasn't impacted my appetite.

Carlton may be put off their game sufficiently for us to snag a win with McFlurry slotting one from a tight angle 45m out.
Mate, you know that this is an impossibility, right?
1) Ned doesn't kick goals from tight angles. Ever.
2) Ned can't kick the ball more than about 35m, whether shooting for goal or not.

missus has brought home Turkish bread and I'm going to make a steak sandwich. One thing that I can say about my version of covid is that it hasn't impacted my appetite.
Had no appetite for the first 4 or 5 days. Back to eating up a storm the last couple of days.

You tried The Barn yet for Steak…had one there early in the year, melted in your mouth

have had the Gorgonzola stuffed eye fillet a couple of times. Had the $80 Mayura station wagu rump as an entree last time there, was highly overpriced and overrated. But still had an awesome evening, love the place. We're a bit lucky here, Thyme on the Lakes and The Commodore are also quality restaurants.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back