Game Day Round 20: Gold Coast Suns vs GWS Giants: Saturday @ Metricon 4:35

Remove this Banner Ad

Thinking that selections will not matter this week.

There are a few teams in the Comp that have such good running midfields and wingers that atm (missing 6 midfielders) they will thrash us in the centre of the ground and therefore thrash us on the scoreboard. Annoying but true.

We will be able to match up pretty well in defence and in attack, but the ball will move too quickly and too often for our defenders and too slow and too infrequently for our forwards.

Giants are one of those teams. The Giants average the most inside 50's for the season, a full 11 more than we average. We will have a crack but the matchup is really really bad for us and our margin for error will be tiny.

Looking forwards to games against the Pies and Port where our midfield will match up a lot better and we will have a decent shot.

I will be watching this week nonetheless, but I rate our chance of a win as a Dumb and Dumber chance. Would help if the weather was good and the Giants all went to the beach on Friday and mentally checked out.

Thinking that selections will not matter this week.

There are a few teams in the Comp that have such good running midfields and wingers that atm (missing 6 midfielders) they will thrash us in the centre of the ground and therefore thrash us on the scoreboard. Annoying but true.

We will be able to match up pretty well in defence and in attack, but the ball will move too quickly and too often for our defenders and too slow and too infrequently for our forwards.

Giants are one of those teams. The Giants average the most inside 50's for the season, a full 11 more than we average. We will have a crack but the matchup is really really bad for us and our margin for error will be tiny.

Looking forwards to games against the Pies and Port where our midfield will match up a lot better and we will have a decent shot.

I will be watching this week nonetheless, but I rate our chance of a win as a Dumb and Dumber chance. Would help if the weather was good and the Giants all went to the beach on Friday and mentally checked out.
We've got 4 wins and 4 losses against the Giants i know it's unlikely but how good would it be to get a winning record over a team.

Hi guys,
Looking forward to Saturdays game, hope it's a fine day and a good contest. I get you guys are crueled by injuries and genuinely hope this sorts itself out sooner rather than later.
Not braggin but apart from Dylan Shiel and Caleb Marchbank we had pretty much our best to pick from, so we've got know excuses. From our point of view we need now to win every game to secure a top 4 spot, get you'll be tryin to finish the year well.

Hi guys,
Looking forward to Saturdays game, hope it's a fine day and a good contest. I get you guys are crueled by injuries and genuinely hope this sorts itself out sooner rather than later.
Not braggin but apart from Dylan Shiel and Caleb Marchbank we had pretty much our best to pick from, so we've got know excuses. From our point of view we need now to win every game to secure a top 4 spot, get you'll be tryin to finish the year well.
That would be a nice feeling :p

How long do you think Shiel is out for?

That would be a nice feeling :p

How long do you think Shiel is out for?
Genuinely unknown. Dreaded groin soreness which seems to often be chronic. Fingers crossed as the pointy end approaches for us.
Last year at Metricon I reckon Touk Millar was the best mid on the ground, understand he's goin ok.

Genuinely unknown. Dreaded groin soreness which seems to often be chronic. Fingers crossed as the pointy end approaches for us.
Last year at Metricon I reckon Touk Millar was the best mid on the ground, understand he's goin ok.
Yeah been stepping up amazingly well without the other midfield pieces in the guts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back