Autopsy Round 23, 2019: Sydney v St.Kilda *2019 PRIDE GAME*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played like a mob that were 2 hours away from the start of their holidays.

Weird season. Between all the injuries/health issues to so many key players (McCartin, Roberton, Steven, Hannebery, Carlisle, Geary, King, etc), the China trip where everything went wrong and Richo getting sacked among other things it felt like a disastrous year, yet we somehow walked away with a pretty respectable 9 wins with all things considered.

I still think Ratten is the best available choice for coach but expect us to do our due diligence and exhaust all options, just so long as it isn't Lyon or B Scott.

We've got a really good nucleus of guys 23-24 and under but unfortunately I'm not sure I trust the club enough to develop them into an eventual premiership contender. I'm both excited but also at the same time really flat about our future, if that makes sense. Hopefully we can have a good off-season and nail the coaching appointment I guess.

Seriously mate?

Do you really think that making LGTBIQ feel welcome in a traditionally very homophobic and intimidating social space really impacted our players ability to perform? Or was it wearing rainbow numbers that was making our 22 consistently turn the ball over and shank shots at goal all day?

Is it really so bad that we try and make football inclusive for everyone? Or can the club not walk and chew gum at the same time? In that case maybe we should also stop the support we provide to veteran soldiers... Perhaps we could purchase some new footballs for the boys instead! That way we are focusing only on footy and nothing else.

Personally I am extremely proud of the club for this initiative. There is a significant number of people who have now attended games ONLY because we have created this initiative and made them feel welcome. But I guess because you (and those like you) "don't give a stuff" about them and their identity we shouldn't do it right??

I would be more than happy to leave your comments (and the all these other 'footy fans' that 'don't give a stuff' about such issues) back in the 1950's where they belong!
No I care about people but I don't think the clubs needs to champion this cause. Yes it is a distraction, just like a Milney episode, or Lovett episode, or school girl episode or drunken episode is a distraction. I want to focus on winning footy. Our club has a bad history of distractions and poor performance. How much of the CEO's and other department people spend time on pride stuff? What does it cost the club? Time and money better spent elsewhere like getting the best staff and players. Yes it is a distraction and we don't need it. There are plenty of other avenues willing to promote this and other causes. We need to promote success for this club. Period.

Then why the fanatical defence?
And it’s not even true anyway that people from club land don’t care about social media and chat boards. The 76’ers social media controversy shows clubs and presidents love to try and manipulate opinions on boards and social media when they can:

And it’s not even true anyway that people from club land don’t care about social media and chat boards. The 76’ers social media controversy shows clubs and presidents love to try and manipulate opinions on boards and social media when they can:

Spot on. Absolutely spot on.

They're just scared by it. People only get aggressive towards things they fear.

Theyre fearful of people dropping off and for valid reasons.

The club is horribly run and is going to come under increasing pressure from expansion.

This club just needs to get its s**t together.
St C , the club has had a complete turnover the last year and with a very young squad with cap space , it looks like we have turned the corner - now is the time to support the team and get behind all the kids.
It's been a long time since we have had real stars coming through the ranks like Marshall , Hunter Clark , Gresham , Billings , Battle , Steele , King , Coffield , Paton so get our experienced guys fit and firing and we will push for finals and wins get the crowds back on seats.
Sit back and enjoy the trade period because we just might get the injection of talent the squad needs.

St C , the club has had a complete turnover the last year and with a very young squad with cap space , it looks like we have turned the corner - now is the time to support the team and get behind all the kids.
It's been a long time since we have had real stars coming through the ranks like Marshall , Hunter Clark , Gresham , Billings , Battle , Steele , King , Coffield , Paton so get our experienced guys fit and firing and we will push for finals and wins get the crowds back on seats.
Sit back and enjoy the trade period because we just might get the injection of talent the squad needs.
Hats off to you mate. That's the correct response.

Shaming and strong arming people and completely ignoring their point of view isn't what builds an inclusive club.

People are feeling this way because they're utterly frustrated with another failed year.

Thanks so much to the poster who posted the post match presser.

George was right. Its better than anything richo ever delivered. Richo was always about pressure and just emotive crap based on the result.

Ratts was very impressive. Very specific on what's wrong. No emotion in it. Just black and white. This is what we need to get better at and if it can't happen we find players and people who can. And he nailed it perfectly.

Thanks so much to the poster who posted the post match presser.

George was right. Its better than anything richo ever delivered. Richo was always about pressure and just emotive crap based on the result.

Ratts was very impressive. Very specific on what's wrong. No emotion in it. Just black and white. This is what we need to get better at and if it can't happen we find players and people who can. And he nailed it perfectly.

Was just about to post the same thing.

So honest, saying the skill level wasn’t good enough, saying we won 9 games despite not playing great footy, just laid it all out.

Didn’t say it was fun. Said it sounded like you want to be right

Yep, I would prefer to suck and be correct rather than win. Makes sense.
Saints fans complaining about the lack of fight from our team when the game meant nothing after a long season. What about how Eagles supporters must be feeling about now when their side had everything to play for to get a top 4 spot and they produced that rubbish at home against the Hawks tonight.

Yeah really sucks to be an Eagles fan:rolleyes:

Yep, I would prefer to suck and be correct rather than win. Makes sense.

Yeah really sucks to be an Eagles fan:rolleyes:

do you like just stirring up people for no reason ? I think i will just block you from now on . Sick of this crap from some people in here , it has to stop.:mad::mad::mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

do you like just stirring up people for no reason ? I think i will just block you from now on . Sick of this crap from some people in here , it has to stop.:mad::mad::mad:

I apologize if that came across as being a smart arse, but I stand by the comment. I appreciate you are trying to put a positive spin on todays performance, but I am sick of giving this current group any more leeway. I have been done with positive spins for almost 2 years now.

As for Eagles, they pulled of one of the gutsiest flags you will ever see last year. Carried plenty of injuries, iced the game in the final minutes in one of the great GFs.

They had a bad day today, but are still a genuine chance to repeat. I dont think it is fair to make a comparison to our club in any context.

Again, sorry if it came across as being a smart arse:thumbsu:

Ive had enough of the anti pride game talk and the awful posting that has gone on in this thread . Plus people who's only reason to be here is to cause trouble . We have had a good year in here on the whole in my view . Ive had some great fun with friends in the Soccer thread . Most people have been good fun to comment with but there are people who make it unpleasant to come in here . This has been going on for some time which is why i have not being in here as much recently . I kept thinking things would improve but i was wrong.

So ive decided to leave . Maybe one of them can continue to do the Player advocate updates because at least for some time , possibly for good , im going . Thanks to the friendly people i have met in my time here , i shall miss the good times.

Woke up early and watched most of the second half. Might watch the first later. Thought I was watching a replay of many an earlier game with us dominating for a period of the game, but failing to convert. And of course the ball goes down the other end and a goal straight away. Seemed to suck the life out of us.

And just as Jason Dunstall says......'I hope the Saints fight this out and don't curl up their toes and lie down'.......that's exactly what we did. Very disappointing, and something (alot) needs to change. We have a good group, but being a harsh business that will be it for a few of them. Trade, delist whatever. I have been guilty in the past of hoping they keep many players, but I think they have to move on a few. Not sure who though. Skills just not cutting it.

Pity for Ratten. They didn't help him. Not sure he will get the gig now. A very big decision. Not even going to speculate as I don't really think supporters have enough information.

So....will watch the trade and draft periods with interest. And front up again next year as a member. And hope for a change in fortune. And luck. And goalkicking accuracy.

We've got some good young guys. Hanners coming good was encouraging. Onwards and upwards.

Played like a mob that were 2 hours away from the start of their holidays.

Weird season. Between all the injuries/health issues to so many key players (McCartin, Roberton, Steven, Hannebery, Carlisle, Geary, King, etc), the China trip where everything went wrong and Richo getting sacked among other things it felt like a disastrous year, yet we somehow walked away with a pretty respectable 9 wins with all things considered.

I still think Ratten is the best available choice for coach but expect us to do our due diligence and exhaust all options, just so long as it isn't Lyon or B Scott.

We've got a really good nucleus of guys 23-24 and under but unfortunately I'm not sure I trust the club enough to develop them into an eventual premiership contender. I'm both excited but also at the same time really flat about our future, if that makes sense. Hopefully we can have a good off-season and nail the coaching appointment I guess.

It was only good measured against last year where we literally fell to the bottom. We really haven't improved in 8 years and seen off the only champion players we had left. After this year we lose the last one on the books. We can get Hill to try to pretend we still do and we have 4 games a year Hanners but we are not really improving the list at the rate other sides do. Look at the Dogs, this year they have Naughton who looks like he'll be Wayne Carey good, Bailey Smith who looks like the exit mid that we wanted, inside outside fast and competitive, he's young Stuv, Josh Dunkley went from Blake Acres to a 36 possession a game beast, Mc Crae and Bont have had outstanding seasons and Tim English will be battling Rowan Marshall for the best ruck in the AFL for years. The Dogs also have Bailey Dale who has come back in against us and has kicked 15 goals in 5 games since.

M crouch pick 23 2013 nd. Merrett 26. We got acres and dunstan. I know who i would prefer. BBB PICK 46.
Well considering my original post was in relation to the 2012 draft specifically because that’s what the other originating post was referring To I don’t see why those picks are being brought up.

It was only good measured against last year where we literally fell to the bottom. We really haven't improved in 8 years and seen off the only champion players we had left. After this year we lose the last one on the books. We can get Hill to try to pretend we still do and we have 4 games a year Hanners but we are not really improving the list at the rate other sides do. Look at the Dogs, this year they have Naughton who looks like he'll be Wayne Carey good, Bailey Smith who looks like the exit mid that we wanted, inside outside fast and competitive, he's young Stuv, Josh Dunkley went from Blake Acres to a 36 possession a game beast, Mc Crae and Bont have had outstanding seasons and Tim English will be battling Rowan Marshall for the best ruck in the AFL for years. The Dogs also have Bailey Dale who has come back in against us and has kicked 15 goals in 5 games since.
It’s not all bad news gringo, imo we’ve definitely improved over the last 12 months.

We still have a long way to go but Marshall and Clark look like A graders, coffield is going to be a VG player and we’ve done exceptionally well from our late picks.

There’s still a long way to go let’s just hope we have a good trade/draft period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back