Game Day Round 23, 2019: West Coast Eagles v Hawthorn, 8.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawthorn has a chance at making the finals but they'll need a heroic effort to overcome the Eagles on their home track, with the Eagles shooting for a top two finish and home ground advantage through the finals.

Teams as named on Thursday night.

WEST COAST EAGLES
B: Shannon Hurn, Tom Barrass, Brad Sheppard
HB: Jackson Nelson, Jeremy McGovern, Lewis Jetta
C: Andrew Gaff, Elliot Yeo, Jack Redden
HF: Jamie Cripps, Jack Darling, Liam Ryan
F: Willie Rioli, Josh J. Kennedy, Oscar Allen
FOL: Tom Hickey, Dom Sheed, Luke Shuey
I/C: Jake Waterman, Chris Masten, Liam Duggan, Jack Petruccelle
EMG: Nathan Vardy, Will Schofield, Jarrod Cameron, Brendon Ah Chee
IN: Chris Masten, Liam Duggan
OUT: Josh Rotham (Omitted), Mark Hutchings (Injured)
MILESTONES: Dom Sheed - Playing 100th game

HAWTHORN
B: Jack Scrimshaw, James Frawley, James Sicily
HB: Blake Hardwick, Ben Stratton, Conor Nash
C: Ricky Henderson, Jaeger O'Meara, Tom Scully
HF: Paul Puopolo, Tim O'Brien, Isaac Smith
F: Luke Breust, Jack Gunston, Ben McEvoy
FOL: Jonathon Ceglar, Liam Shiels, James Worpel
I/C: Shaun Burgoyne, Daniel Howe, Chad Wingard, Oliver Hanrahan
EMG: Jackson Ross, James Cousins, Changkuoth Jiath, Marc Pittonet
IN: Jack Scrimshaw, Daniel Howe
OUT: Jarryd Roughead (Managed), Changkuoth Jiath (Omitted)
MILESTONES: Isaac Smith - Playing 200th game

Fantasy thinking we can win, hoping for some sort of miracle but expecting a genuine touch up.

CJ will play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we play 2 rucks?

Probably need to.. Cegs hasn’t got a great tank, BB has an elite tank. I think Clarko sees the opportunity to get on top of them there, also relying on our ability to beat them at ground balls will be apart of his thinking.

Hanrahan could go out

Finals less than an outside chance with multiple games needing to go our way. If we aren't in the 8 at the end of this round it won't be because of anything that does or doesn't happen in this round. It will have been lost far earlier in our season.

That said, it's an absolute testament to the club that we've got ourselves into this position given where we were at on the ladder less than 2 months ago.

West Coast need to win this just as much as us to maximise their own finals chances by securing a home QF and double chance. If we lose, so be it, but I want to see us fight it out to the death.

Hey guys, first time going to Box hill today for the VFL. Can anyone who has been confirm what the parking is like, are there plenty of spaces? Cheers

Hoping for a win but will accept a gallant loss.
Fight it out to the finish boys, we won’t make the finals but there has been a lot to like about this season and the emergence of some quality young players. Our next piece of silverware is not too far away.

I'm equal first in my tipping comp.

None of the games are line ball this weekend - they've all got a clear favourite.

For this reason I'm tipping hawks because conservative tipping won't win it for me, and if I won on the back of the Hawks beaten WC in Perth the glory will be next level.

Hoping the boys can get a win as a birthday present for me.

I think WC have too much to play for to let this one slip but we have given our ourselves a chance in every game (bar the Scum and Richmond games).

Would love CJ to come in as a late change. Go Hawks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back