Preview Round 3, 2024: Essendon v St.Kilda - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 30th March, 4:20PM AEDT *HASTIE DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Bombers

Votes: 13 16.7%
  • Saints

Votes: 65 83.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks. Just seems to have come out of the blue that’s all. Does he play wing? Would be fantastic if he takes this opportunity and has a blinder.

Think he's a HBF/wing type.

Hello fellow St Kilda fans, I am looking forward to the game this weekend. Gee I hope we win.
I don't know about you but gee wiz I am optimistic about the future. Very excited.

Also, I would like to say how thankful I am for those that keep this place running so smoothly!
What a privilege to be a part of something so very special.
Hi Dard, I agree.

Thanks

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Garcia- he’s a little Hammer
You won't believe this tony74 ....but their twins......you may have a good laugh at that but when their standing side by side.....you'd be ready to put money on it.

I call Garcia...."Hammer light"

When does the sub get released? I don't like seeing debutants being made the sub, reckon it's better to give them the time to work into the game, they were selected for a reason! May as well give them a few quarters at AFL level to see what they can show. I think a few could struggle to get up to pace coming on for just the last quarter. Collard hardly got a chance to do anything in his 30 minutes.
Jones is a decent sub, brings an intensity once he's on and may still not have the tank for a full game.

When does the sub get released? I don't like seeing debutants being made the sub, reckon it's better to give them the time to work into the game, they were selected for a reason! May as well give them a few quarters at AFL level to see what they can show. I think a few could struggle to get up to pace coming on for just the last quarter. Collard hardly got a chance to do anything in his 30 minutes.
Jones is a decent sub, brings an intensity once he's on and may still not have the tank for a full game.
Hastie named sub

Give yourself the best chance of winning by picking the best 22

He's only getting a game because we have a heap of injuries, I don't think its a bad thing to let him come on late when most players are tired the game has slowed down.

Never had an issue with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Give yourself the best chance of winning by picking the best 22

He's only getting a game because we have a heap of injuries, I don't think its a bad thing to let him come on late when most players are tired the game has slowed down.

Never had an issue with it.
If he's in as Wood's replacement though, we'd need him in the line-up structurally. Don't think a hybrid hbf/winger is suited to coming on as sub. We'd be better off going with a high impact midfielder (Jones) but we'll find out Saturday.

This might be an unpopular opinion but I think Schoenmaker has a little bit of development before he cracks the team.

If I was a betting man I’d say that Ross might just want him to show a bit more on the defensive side of things. There is NO doubt about his kicking ability, but he plays very loose and last week against the Pies when they got their run in it left some gaping holes. I’d say he’s a little like Keeler…clearly got AFL level offensive weapons just needs to work on his accountability and positioning in defense.

Watching Sandringham Hastie didn’t get a lot of it, but all his touches were quality and he moves at pace. Looks like he has a footy iq that suits the modern game as well.

I actually thought he might be well capable of playing a forward pressure role in the short term if we were hard pressed.

Like Collard though if he comes on late Hastie’s natural pace will mean he can impact late. I’m really looking forward to watching his game.

Another tip of the hat to Toce. His first 3 draft picks last year have now all been selected to debut.

Great to see Redman and Caminiti both in. Hopefully Edgeman spends all his tickets trying to get revenge on Hammer for last year and gives away a few more 50m pens!

Great to see Hastie in so soon, what a gift for AFL headline writers!

It's a long shot and especially so now Butler is back in the frame, but I hope they throw Collard back into the team. That debut felt unfinished and certainly unsatisfying - give the kid a crack at a full game or even a half! Be perfect for Docklands too you'd reckon.
He was apparently very quiet when playing for Sandringham. Butler was too, but Butler has credits in the bank and the experience to jump back in.
Collard will get his shot at some stage, just needs to show more than what he did in the Sandy game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back