Unofficial Preview Round 3 versus Geelong - A BF legend - Opposition supporters welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
When I first started posting on Bigfooty, JUBJUB was one of those posters who I noticed pretty quickly. He had one of the highest post counts back in 2005, he used to spam the TV ratings thread and he got very narky when anyone had a crack at Geelong :D .

I didn't know the man at all, but I reckon a banter thread is a fitting place to pay tribute to him. He shared that genetic hatred for Hawthorn that all Cats fans feel, he was a passionate and loyal supporter and was a quality contributor to both the Geelong board and BF as a whole for 17 years. He also loved a well timed GIF in a thread to defuse the infighting that is all too common on your board :p .

No-one deserves to die so young, and whilst I am not a religious man I hope the powers that be are with his family and friends.

Onto the game, 10 years ago in round 3 an ageing, past it Melbourne side was mauled by a hungry Geelong outfit that would be a sign of things to come for the next decade. Geelong were harder, faster and stronger all over the ground. Geelong are still far better than that Melbourne side in 2007 (And Melbourne obviously not near Geelong 2007) but there are still some parallels. A club having arguably its last shot at a flag vs a club on the way up.

Geelong have good reason to be confident this week, but this is the best Melbourne side they have played in over a decade. You'll most likely beat us this week, but I'll wager it'll be the last time you go in as favourites against us for some time. The age of the Cat is coming to an end, but the age of the Demon is only just beginning.

Geelong by 3 points

This is far from the last crack of our current iteration. Other than Lonners and Mackie none of our current squad are the wrong side of 30.

Don't mind the Dees, but you've still got a long way to go before we swap places.

This is far from the last crack of our current iteration. Other than Lonners and Mackie none of our current squad are the wrong side of 30.

Don't mind the Dees, but you've still got a long way to go before we swap places.
Harry Taylor?

And it doesn't help that apart from Dangerwood your mob are awful.

Harry Taylor?

And it doesn't help that apart from Dangerwood your mob are awful.
Don't bring Harry into this, Scott has already issued a fatwa on the trajectory of his career and he's suffered enough.

Either way, if 'our mob' are awful then there are a lot of teams in this league not even at any kind of AFL standard. We're patchy. We're not Freo.

Good luck with making finals for the first time in a decade :thumbsu:

Who's this T. Smith can't seem to/too/two find him on your list are you now picking players from the girls side.

We could pick anyone of the girls side to run rings around your fat cats

197121_5034be4b14c6234cb8946ff4e711161e.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who's this T. Smith can't seem to/too/two find him on your list are you now picking players from the girls side.

Rookie listed mature age recruit. Think of him as J Pod with hair, tackling pressure and an ability to win more than 10 touches a game.

Hey, I'm in Melbourne this weekend and I'm going to the game thought I'd cheer on old mate Bernie!
Just wondering what the Etihad set up is like.... where is GA situated? Only level 3? Or parts of level 1 too?

Also best place to sit in GA?

Thanks!

Hey, I'm in Melbourne this weekend and I'm going to the game thought I'd cheer on old mate Bernie!
Just wondering what the Etihad set up is like.... where is GA situated? Only level 3? Or parts of level 1 too?

Thanks!

Etihad is the devil...

But if im forced to go there my fave GA position is entering through Gate 5... level 3 right on the centreline... Try and get to about 4 or 5 rows back on level 3.. good spot to see the whole game unfold. :thumbsu:

Thanks!
Gary Ablett is currently situated on the Gold Coast. If you wait around 6 months you'll be able to catch up with him then.

Sitting alongside him might be asking too much though.

29-9-1.

That's Geelongs record against Melbourne since 1990.

The OP pinning his hopes on divine intervention for that record to change.
Doesn't help that 99.9% of the time we have to face you at the Cattery.

Doesn't help that 99.9% of the time we have to face you at the Cattery.
During that time we've only played 19 times at Kardinia Park.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back