Review Round 3 vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Play of the Week: Round 3

Sam Gray deserved an "¡OLÉ!" chant on that play.*

Because of the way he moves and turns, and of how fearless he looks against taller, heavier, and stronger opponents, he should be called "Torero" (Bullfighter). He could even have a chant of his own:

"Olé, olé, olé!
Sam Gray! Sam Gray!"

---

*By the way, I love the "Olé" chant when a team is playing possession football. In Brazil, we sing it in the end of the game, when victory is practically secured (it is considered bad luck singing it in close games):

Watching the replay atm, Roo’s commentating is absolutely dreadful. Near the end of the 3rd qtr R Gray gets a free kick for front on contact and Roo goes, not sure that was there, wasn’t much in it. LOL, tell me again why the f*** do we have to put his his BS for?. Don’t these blokes know the rules of the game.

Watching the replay atm, Roo’s commentating is absolutely dreadful. Near the end of the 3rd qtr R Gray gets a free kick for front on contact and Roo goes, not sure that was there, wasn’t much in it. LOL, tell me again why the f*** do we have to put his his BS for?. Don’t these blokes know the rules of the game.

I doubt many Port supporters want to listen to him, yet we would make up the largest portion of viewers for that game. Very strange choice by Foxtel.

I've had time to think about the game, and there is no doubt the start has affected our players immensely. There is no way in hell Hinkley would have made an excuse for the close game.

I think its a combination of our difficult start to the season temp wise, tough game in Sydney and Brisbane being way better than people give them credit. If I'm right, then expect us to come out of the blocks and have a good win against the Bombers.

ON an unrelated note, I'm watching the replay of GWS and Sydney and its really boring. This season is wide open and we must take our opportunity.

Awaiting heat maps of Janus before and after possession.

480604_9241baf61f95caad5c10bf4b5a18bc10.jpg

Probably because he's already here so Foxtel doesn't have to spring for a plane fare.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Gray deserved an "¡OLÉ!" chant on that play.*

Because of the way he moves and turns, and of how fearless he looks against taller, heavier, and stronger opponents, he should be called "Torero" (Bullfighter). He could even have a chant of his own:

"Olé, olé, olé!
Sam Gray! Sam Gray!"

---

*By the way, I love the "Olé" chant when a team is playing possession football. In Brazil, we sing it in the end of the game, when victory is practically secured (it is considered bad luck singing it in close games):

We did have this; ole, ole ,ole, Johnny butcher!

Dwayne is worse so how bads that

Have just watched the replay and Wines physical work in the game was fantastic. He has no fear. Throws his body in with no regard for his welfare. Impressive.

How was that moment where he won the hard ball as two Brisbane players came charging in from either direction, absorbed the contact and then dished off a handball to SPP? If you had to show one piece of vision that encapsulates what sort of player Ollie is, that would be it.

Even last year we saw Adelaide get thumped by North and Richmond clobbered by St. Kilda. Sometimes it's just not your day, Brisbane played out of their skins today and we still fell over the line with the 4 points. I'm content with that. Hopefully this shows us no game is a gimme, we need to bring the intensity of last week every week.
Funny how it only happens in the AFL though. Check out the Bellarine League. Newcomb and Portarlington, bottom and second bottom several years in a row, and each getting belted by 25+ goals a game. 'Nuff said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back