Preview Round 3 Vs Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 21, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Couldn't see a round 3 thread yet, which I though was odd... So I created my first thread in about 5 years.

Only one change for me. Smith in for Crameri.
Smith has the runs on the board and Crameri has looked short a gallop. He's already shown he responds well to a few weeks in the 2s.

Anyone making the trip?

Edit: awaiting confirmation on Smith et al. In the 2s

Last edited:

Crameri has to be in the gun, it's not like his disposal is elite
or drastically better than Smith or Dunkley.

The local witch said to me that the dogs could have a rare
case of "Helmet Envy" and that Caleb does not feel special
anymore.

The West is buzzing with talk of a Nat Fyfe versus Lin Jong
head to head showdown for the three Brownlow votes.

Love to see Suckling played higher up replacing Crameri and
Williams brought in for cover, Suckling's running goal was
super impressive on the weekend.

Jake Stringer topped the clanger count on the weekend, but
he may be adjusting to his new role so i will cut him some
slack.

Western Bulldogs Bigfooty appears to be suffering from a Premiership hangover - very little going on. Lucky our team appears to have avoided the said hangover, touch wood.

It's going to be so tough for the MC this year. Whilst I want to see Dunks and Smith back in the team, it's hard to deny most of the 22 another game

Crameri is a tad underdone but his off the ball physical work is important. Smith probably the only outsider that could replace it.
Caleb is not quite to the lofty standards he set last year. Smith could replace what he adds.
So I guess it's Smith in for either of those 2 if in fact we make a change. VFL to Afl is huge, vfl praccies even more so, so maybe we just hold until some real VFL form lines are set.
And if all else fails we just drop Jong :huh:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crameri stays in my opinion need his gut running on the big ground.

One thought out of left field do we possibly leave Campbell out? Sandilands one on one is going to win most ruck contests do we forfeit the ruck contest and employ an extra mid around the ground just have a proper ruck in centre bounces?

Nervous about this one, like every game in Perth, but realistically we should win.

No changes needed. Descison making improved a little bit Friday night and hopefully will again next week.

Crameri looks the one most likely to miss, he's a bit out of form and if there are guys performing at Footscray, and who would know, then they should come in. If the reports are that correct on Dicko he could come in for sure. But maybe be concervative with him and bring in Clay.
Thought Tory was out for at least four weeks with abdominal soreness. Even after that, he will need a couple of games at VFL because of his interrupted pre season. Really like to see Clay back in the side next week, otherwise no change.

Nervous about this one, like every game in Perth, but realistically we should win.

Me to but with 2 games over here this year looking forward to going to a game when we are favorites, mind you we were favorites in rd23 last year.

Crameri stays in my opinion need his gut running on the big ground.

One thought out of left field do we possibly leave Campbell out? Sandilands one on one is going to win most ruck contests do we forfeit the ruck contest and employ an extra mid around the ground just have a proper ruck in centre bounces?
No way do they leave Campbell out. With the new rule we need one of Campbell or Roughy in every game with Boyd or Trav as the backup. We got killed by Grundy in the opening round so I can't see us making that mistake again. Only change I would make is Crameri out and Clay Smith in. Dickson will need a run in the VFL before making his way back in over the coming month. Sure is going to be hard to find spots for everyone in this team, we bat very deep. Imagine when Wally and Big Red are both fit again. Hopefully this just means we can cover the inevitable injuries that will come and we can keep everyone hungry although not wishing injury on anyone, but it's a given in AFL that every team will get a few of them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back