Preview Round 3 vs Richmond @ MCG, Sunday 4.00pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

In: Reid and Adams
Out: Amartey and Cunningham

We need to see how Reid and Adams goes in this line up.

Should be a really good game to watch. Richmond kinda kamikaze like Essendon and don't really defend but don't do it as well so we should win.

In: Reid and Adams
Out: Amartey and Cunningham

We need to see how Reid and Adams goes in this line up.

Should be a really good game to watch. Richmond kinda kamikaze like Essendon and don't really defend but don't do it as well so we should win.
After missing games late last year and early this year I think Adams will come in via the VFL

Richmond went to water when Port applied pressure to them. Bring the heat and they will crumble again. Lynch will be a concern if he gets too many easy inside 50s

Port applied more pressure in the first half and their highest pressure quarter was the second when Richmond dominated.

Port pressure acts: Q1 65
Q2 96
Q3 43
Q4 56

After half time Port moved the ball quicker and spread more, this exploited Richmond who are the lowest pressure team in the league this season and applied the lowest tackle count of any team this year of 32.

Port applied more pressure in the first half and their highest pressure quarter was the second when Richmond dominated.

Port pressure acts: Q1 65
Q2 96
Q3 43
Q4 56

After half time Port moved the ball quicker and spread more, this exploited Richmond who are the lowest pressure team in the league this season and applied the lowest tackle count of any team this year of 32.
Eh stats as caesar88 would say

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After missing games late last year and early this year I think Adams will come in via the VFL

Adams missed a single game late last year didn't he? Doesn't really have much bearing.

Adams missed a single game late last year didn't he? Doesn't really have much bearing.
He missed the prelim and the GF I think. Obviously that doesn't have a huge bearing, but I think the fact he only got through 3 quarters of his first competitive hitout in months before coming off with an injury will see the club take a cautious approach with him.

Could be wrong though

I can’t really see any change other than Cunningham being a forced out.

“Sid” Mitchell must be a strong chance to snare a debut.
Will depend on Fox and if they want Warner Jr being the sub or wanting a full game in the 2s for him

If Fox isn't OK I'd like to see Warner Jr. stay in for this game. Mitchell has obviously been impressing in the VFL, but so did Warner Jr. or he wouldn't have got the call-up, so I think we need to give him a decent chance while he's in. If he doesn't impress we can always swap the two next week and give Mitchell a debut against the Eagles.

If Fox isn't OK I'd like to see Warner Jr. stay in for this game. Mitchell has obviously been impressing in the VFL, but so did Warner Jr. or he wouldn't have got the call-up, so I think we need to give him a decent chance while he's in. If he doesn't impress we can always swap the two next week and give Mitchell a debut against the Eagles.

Agreed, I'm not as down on Warner's game as others are. He was around the ball often enough and he's a great runner. He had three shots at goal which isn't bad and with time to settle in the role and the side I think he'll show more. I liked his pre-season game against Brisbane too. Particularly suits to have him play Fox's role at the moment because he's such an outstanding runner. I'd give him another shot.

If Fox isn't OK, who would you have replacing Cunningham?

I doubt Adams is ready to go. So - whichever way I look at it, Mitchell seems next in line .... even if only as the sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back