Preview Round 3 vs Richmond @ MCG, Sunday 4.00pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Fox isn't OK, who would you have replacing Cunningham?

I doubt Adams is ready to go. So - whichever way I look at it, Mitchell seems next in line .... even if only as the sub.
Lloyd goes back. Doesn't need to be a one-to-one. Hope Fox is OK. I'd leave Corey in the team and have Fox as sub. Don't like debuting from the sub. If Fox is still sore debut Mitchell and Corey sub.

If Fox isn't OK, who would you have replacing Cunningham?

I doubt Adams is ready to go. So - whichever way I look at it, Mitchell seems next in line .... even if only as the sub.
Lloyd in defence and Warner Jr. on the wing.

After half time Port moved the ball quicker and spread more, this exploited Richmond who are the lowest pressure team in the league this season and applied the lowest tackle count of any team this year of 32.
Produce a tackle count as low as that this week and the Tiges will be on track for an old fashioned pantsing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's no reason we should lose to Richmond but they still have a lot of star power nad if we don't take them sriously they will hurt us.

It's been a bit of a theme this season. Close for a little bit until we pull away, and I won't be expecting any different. Run them over but they wont make it easy
That's what I'm expecting. Just keen for game day to happen so we can stop talking about the Bombers.

There's no reason we should lose to Richmond but they still have a lot of star power nad if we don't take them sriously they will hurt us.

It's been a bit of a theme this season. Close for a little bit until we pull away, and I won't be expecting any different. Run them over but they wont make it easy
I think it'll be played similar to the dons game their midfield will probs get a hold of us, only difference is they will likely be better using the ball streaming forward. There were times we were gaping open defensively. Slightly worried they might over capitalise if we come out like that.

I think it'll be played similar to the dons game their midfield will probs get a hold of us, only difference is they will likely be better using the ball streaming forward. There were times we were gaping open defensively. Slightly worried they might over capitalise if we come out like that.
Yeah, Horse was not happy how much defence leaked in the Bombers game.

So we can expect some tightening up in that regard you'd reckon. I mean, its all well and good to play attacking football, but if we had been playing someone like the Giants they would have beaten us due to those defensive lapses.

Except the Dons have, for a while, been good at clearance work but poor at pressure and poor at two way running. Even while they were winning premierships, Richmond weren’t much chop at the clearance stuff. They were great at pressure and causing turnovers. That was their biggest source of scores.

I didn’t watch their game against Port and only half watched their game against Carlton. They were much better against Carlton than I was expecting but that might be because Carlton aren’t as good as the media wants us to believe. It’s too early in the season to really get a handle on each team’s merits.

If we run as hard as we have for the first three games I expect we will win comfortably but not necessarily emphatically. So long as we convert our scoring shots at an acceptable level. We’ve been missing some very gettable shots so far but it hasn’t come back to bite us. Yet.

At training today it was notable how many players were sporting cuts and bruises. Logan has a significant cut below his right eye that was treated during the last game but is still very much in evidence. Juzzy has a massive bruise on his thigh. Various other players had cuts/scabs on their legs and arms. But they seemed in good spirits.

Harry C said he feels really ok. Hopefully he only misses one week.

Parker and Sheldrick were kicking the footy to each other and practising catching one handed. We already knew Parker was great at that. Was it against Melbourne at the SCG late last year that he took two ripping one handed marks in the forward pocket? Still maybe this is how he gets good at it. I noticed Gus was practising kicking with both feet.

The mids were doing some handball drills where they were practising using both hands. They were standing in a circle of about half a dozen players with players rotating through the middle two at a time trying to get the ball (a kind of piggy in the middle). They needed to feint and switch hands/directions to evade the piggies. Jarrad McVeigh was participating and was particularly wily.

At training today it was notable how many players were sporting cuts and bruises. Logan has a significant cut below his right eye that was treated during the last game but is still very much in evidence. Juzzy has a massive bruise on his thigh. Various other players had cuts/scabs on their legs and arms. But they seemed in good spirits.

Harry C said he feels really ok. Hopefully he only misses one week.

Parker and Sheldrick were kicking the footy to each other and practising catching one handed. We already knew Parker was great at that. Was it against Melbourne at the SCG late last year that he took two ripping one handed marks in the forward pocket? Still maybe this is how he gets good at it. I noticed Gus was practising kicking with both feet.

The mids were doing some handball drills where they were practising using both hands. They were standing in a circle of about half a dozen players with players rotating through the middle two at a time trying to get the ball (a kind of piggy in the middle). They needed to feint and switch hands/directions to evade the piggies. Jarrad McVeigh was participating and was particularly wily.

I'd rather Cunningham miss multiple weeks. No need to rush players back from concussive incidents like that. Not worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back