Preview Round 3 vs Richmond @ MCG, Sunday 4.00pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then he gets the bye. Three weeks. 👍

I like this approach - give him every chance to fully recover. However, he may not feel the same way. And if he doesn't, and he's assessed by medical staff as completely fine to play, then it might be hard to insist upon.

I like this approach - give him every chance to fully recover. However, he may not feel the same way. And if he doesn't, and he's assessed by medical staff as completely fine to play, then it might be hard to insist upon.
If the coach says "have a rest Harry" that's all she wrote. Only misses one game he could potentially have played.
In all this I haven't heard much about Harry's bravery standing his ground in front of the charging rhino.

👏👏👏👏

If the coach says "have a rest Harry" that's all she wrote. Only misses one game he could potentially have played.
In all this I haven't heard much about Harry's bravery standing his ground in front of the charging rhino.

👏👏👏👏
I met him at the fan day last year while my boys were signature hunting. Easily the most friendly bloke out of the entire team. I hope he recovers okay and makes that spot in the side his own again.

I met him at the fan day last year while my boys were signature hunting. Easily the most friendly bloke out of the entire team. I hope he recovers okay and makes that spot in the side his own again.
He always struck me as someone like that. He's always been our reliable foot soldier over a long time

reminds me of the first year we lived in melbourne, 2005, taking my sons to the parade/party thing i think at the lake oval (?) after the grand final win
i mainly remember heath grundy was there, still a kid himself pretty much, and he was great with my boys and other kids, signing stuff and having a kick and a chat with them ... in some ways it doesn't seem that long ago ...

He always struck me as someone like that. He's always been our reliable foot soldier over a long time
He's nick Smith incarnate. Different role but same profile.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be called by Dwayne Russell, Matt Hill, Garry Lyon, Jack Riewoldt and Nick Dal Santo,

Absolutely. He is a champion bloke. Nobody kinder and more caring in our team. I rate Rowy in this department too.

Fortunately we do have a modicum of mongrel in our team too. Do we have enough mongrel? Apparently we do although winning a flag would be more conclusive. Ladhams seems to have mongrel but isn't playing seniors, and he also lacks discipline. I guess when you have mongrel but also discipline then you get called hard and tough. Exhibit A would be Parker. Can't get harder and tougher than him. Wicks has got mongrel and plenty of it. Papley? I'm not sure. Probably.

Is Harry "hard"? I'm doubtful. He's certainly brave and goes when it's his turn (as he showed on the weekend). But I'm not sure he wants to hurt opponents as much as he legally can.

What is 'hardness'? It seems to be more than bravery and a willingness to take contact. It has a flavour of combat and being an enforcer, almost a little cruel. Makes me think of players like Hodge, Selwood, Parker. Also players like Zurhaar, Mummy & Sam Powell-Pepper. Rowy is more in the vein of JPK - tough and strong and brave but maybe less menacing and so less 'hard'??

Getting a bit philosophical here... Back to Sunday's game. Let's crush the Tiges like walnuts.

Absolutely. He is a champion bloke. Nobody kinder and more caring in our team. I rate Rowy in this department too.

Fortunately we do have a modicum of mongrel in our team too. Do we have enough mongrel? Apparently we do although winning a flag would be more conclusive. Ladhams seems to have mongrel but isn't playing seniors, and he also lacks discipline. I guess when you have mongrel but also discipline then you get called hard and tough. Exhibit A would be Parker. Can't get harder and tougher than him. Wicks has got mongrel and plenty of it. Papley? I'm not sure. Probably.

Is Harry "hard"? I'm doubtful. He's certainly brave and goes when it's his turn (as he showed on the weekend). But I'm not sure he wants to hurt opponents as much as he legally can.

What is 'hardness'? It seems to be more than bravery and a willingness to take contact. It has a flavour of combat and being an enforcer, almost a little cruel. Makes me think of players like Hodge, Selwood, Parker. Also players like Zurhaar, Mummy & Sam Powell-Pepper. Rowy is more in the vein of JPK - tough and strong and brave but maybe less menacing and so less 'hard'??

Getting a bit philosophical here... Back to Sunday's game. Let's crush the Tiges like walnuts.
Dosser is a hard fly the flag type.

A lot of the stuff in footy that is perceived as tough/hard I don't rate as tough/hard at all. Going after opposition players with the intent to hurt them is cowardly. Remonstrating with opposition players with a game of shirt-front and smack talk is surface level. Starting fights with an opposition player because you have a temper and are easily riled-up is faux toughness.

I rate hardness as simply who is most prepared to hurt themselves to win a ball, contest or game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back