Preview Round 3 vs Richmond @ MCG, Sunday 4.00pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he's done something wrong.
Hard to pick the sub as there's been no announcement about a debut.

Colombian marching powder strikes again!

So basically Fox for Wicks and Warner sub.

Don't hate that.

Fox to play defensive fwd again
Not quite, as the bench is Fox, Roberts, Campbell, Warner, Mitchell, Ladhams, Konstanty and Francis.

Assuming the first 3 are locks, there has to be a fourth on the bench and then another as the sub.

So there's another change somewhere. Wicks can't be sub as he isn't named on that bench.

Not quite, as the bench is Fox, Roberts, Campbell, Warner, Mitchell, Ladhams, Konstanty and Francis.

Assuming the first 3 are locks, there has to be a fourth on the bench and then another as the sub.

So there's another change somewhere. Wicks can't be sub as he isn't named on that bench.
Yep. Assuming the sub isn't Ladhams or Francis, we will have a debut from Mitchell or Konstanty somehow.

Yeah true

Of the 8 named on the bench, I'd assume Campbell & Roberts are in. And Fox would seem highly likely too.

But the 4th spot in the XXII, plus the sub ...... I have no bloody idea.

With Wicks out ... could Konstanty possibly get a debut? VFL form doesn't seem to warrant it.

Could we pick another tall in Ladhams? Seems unlikely, from a team balance perspective.

Francis? Not sure we have need for another defender.

Which kind of brings it down to Corey & Sid. And yet there's been no hullabaloo about Sid getting a debut, whilst Corey wasn't great last week.

This is giving me a headache.

Yep. Assuming the sub isn't Ladhams or Francis, we will have a debut from Mitchell or Konstanty somehow.
I'm not a huge fan of debutant subs, so I'd hope it's Mitchell in and Warner's the sub, even though I'd prefer Warner to be given another go after last week.

However forward pressure is a concern for me so I wouldn't hate Konstanty debuting in the team, even if I'm not sure his VFL game on the weekend warranted it.

Of the 8 named on the bench, I'd assume Campbell & Roberts are in. And Fox would seem highly likely too.

But the 4th spot in the XXII, plus the sub ...... I have no bloody idea.

With Wicks out ... could Konstanty possibly get a debut? VFL form doesn't seem to warrant it.

Could we pick another tall in Ladhams? Seems unlikely, from a team balance perspective.

Francis? Not sure we have need for another defender.

Which kind of brings it down to Corey & Sid. And yet there's been no hullabaloo about Sid getting a debut, whilst Corey wasn't great last week.

This is giving me a headache.
There is no rule that says we give a lot of notice re: debuts. Gould was brought in late for his debut last year.

I'm not a huge fan of debutant subs, so I'd hope it's Mitchell in and Warner's the sub, even though I'd prefer Warner to be given another go after last week.

However forward pressure is a concern for me so I wouldn't hate Konstanty debuting in the team, even if I'm not sure his VFL game on the weekend warranted it.
We may well just try to cover defence with Florent, Campbell, Roberts and keep Fox up forward for pressure.

Personally I think we just pick the best team, the one we think has the most chance of winning, so if someone debuts as sub, so be it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We may well just try to cover defence with Florent, Campbell, Roberts and keep Fox up forward for pressure.

Personally I think we just pick the best team, the one we think has the most chance of winning, so if someone debuts as sub, so be it.
Oh I meant Konstanty and Fox in the same forward line. Not Konstanty replacing Fox. I think we need more forward pressure personally.

And yeah I know coaches gotta do what's best for the team. Just the old-fashioned part of me likes the idea of a kid getting to play a full game in his debut.

We also went Wicks as sub in Rounds 0-1 when Fox was in, so wouldn't be surprised if we play Warner or Mitchell in a full game, then Konstanty comes on for late forward pressure.

Not what I would necessarily do, but fits the plan we had with Fox in the team. Of course it could be a full game for Mitchell and then Warner on late.

Assuming no injuries necessitate the sub earlier.

I'm yet to see anything in the VFL that confirms Konstanty applies enormous forward pressure. To my eye, he's been just OK .... nothing more.

If anything, I suspect we might park Corey or Sid in the forward pocket - Horse has been known to do it with young mids in the past.

But who knows. We could readily end up selecting Francis, as the direct Cunningham replacement.

I will run a detailed probabilistic monte-carlo style regression analysis to ascertain the most likely team selection combination. Stay tuned.

Wicks is alright but he's always going to be fighting on the fringes of this squad and I wish him continued success and improvement in that

Konstanty 👀

Did not have him even close to the best players in the 2s.

Thought he was no more than adequate.

Someone tell me if I’m marking him too hard.

I'm yet to see anything in the VFL that confirms Konstanty applies enormous forward pressure. To my eye, he's been just OK .... nothing more.

If anything, I suspect we might park Corey or Sid in the forward pocket - Horse has been known to do it with young mids in the past.

But who knows. We could readily end up selecting Francis, as the direct Cunningham replacement.

I will run a detailed probabilistic monte-carlo style regression analysis to ascertain the most likely team selection combination. Stay tuned.
Yeah agreed Konstanty hasn't blown me away pressure-wise but it would be a more natural fit for him than say Mitchell. I think in all likelihood Rowbottom probably plays predominantly forward and that improves our forward pressure. Then a Warner Jr./Mitchell type plays around the mids and whoever isn't picked out of those two ends up the sub.

I think Mitchell will be in (whether as sub or not is not clear). Wouldn’t read too much into Konstanty being named as he will be emergency and there’s not many non-tall alternatives available at the moment (Wicks not in the extended squad is also puzzling)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back