Preview Round 4 Alladhams LAMP: Swans v True Magpies 8th April 7:30pm @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't know why I'm surprised there's some short memories among Swans fans, or the willingness to sink the boot into valuable servants of the club that have been Best 22 in several positions, but it is disappointing.

I’m a huge fan of the Port boards.

“Sack Hinkley” is now up to thread no.8

And their ins / outs this week have been artfully described as “preferring the sh*t sandwich over the giant douche”.

Hinkley turned things around for their club where they had to resort to putting tarps to hide the empty stadiums.

Sure he may not get them all the way but they have had their chances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hinkley turned things around for their club where they had to resort to putting tarps to hide the empty stadiums.

Sure he may not get them all the way but they have had their chances.
Port's history is supposedly about being ruthless in the pursuit of flags. Hinkley and others, including investment in the footy dept, turned things around early, but has since gone through a couple of squads worth of players, and squandered a lot of talent and opportunities, failing to even make a grand final, while dropping out of finals contention 3 separate times in his stint. Meanwhile there appears to be little accountability, they have preferred stability and cliches, which has not brought success.

I took a while to come around to the Sack Hinkley camp, but it's beyond reason now.

I don't know why I'm surprised there's some short memories among Swans fans, or the willingness to sink the boot into valuable servants of the club that have been Best 22 in several positions, but it is disappointing.

Harry has had one good game, one mediocre and one very poor.

He has spent his career being 18-30 on the list. At his age his ceiling has been reached

He has spent his career being 18-30 on the list. At his age his ceiling has been reached
He was our best small defender for a few years, and was a starting wing/mid for a few years too. See comment re: short memories.

Aside from his injury return last year, since establishing his place in the side (2014) there hasn't been a year where Harry has only been considered 18-30 on the list.

He was our best small defender for a few years, and was a starting wing/mid for a few years too. See comment re: short memories.

Did not excel as a small defender. Lacked composure and not great at the transition game. Why he no longer plays there. Beatson has regularly recruited small defenders looking for the class we hav lacked since Smith retired.

Did not excel as a small defender. Lacked composure and not great at the transition game. Why he no longer plays there. Beatson has regularly recruited small defenders looking for the class we hav lacked since Smith retired.
Complete revisionism. Was excellent down back, had a couple of poor games early last year and was then injured, opening the door for others. Not only that, was one of our best ball users even while playing defence.

Complete revisionism. Was excellent down back, had a couple of poor games early last year and was then injured, opening the door for others. Not only that, was one of our best ball users even while playing defence.

we agree to disagree…was always susso when on quality small forwards.

Even if he was good in years gone by, the coaching staff us picking the best team for Rd 4 2023, form in 2019 shouldn't even be a consideration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back