Preview Round 4: Essendon vs GWS Giants, Docklands, Sunday 9th April @ 2.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think that Mass had a shocker defense wise. He was great with the ball in hand but he was terrible at the defense side. Personally I think they have to give Mass more work in the VFL on his defense or play him somewhere else. The knock on him before he was drafted was his defense. I am not really in the camp of leaving him in the side when he is pretty average in a key part of his position. So no I do not think it is as straightforward as that.
Precisely why Scott bristled at the presser. Many coaches would have rolled with the praise and moved onto the next question.

Setting expectations/standards right there. Love it.

Maybe they like him in cos he deflects the attention away from them?
I doubt that very much.
He would still have a lot of credits from being captain inside the group. We may not rate him as a great captain from the outside but he has been the guy trying to hold them all together after a difficult period and they would be backing him in to find some form. It will continue to wane if his form stays the same but unlike us on the outside the love takes a bit longer to wear off as far as the players go.
Scott knows they players have a decent amount of respect for him.
It will come to a head at some stage but he was always going to last 5 or 6 rounds minimum. Right now the players would know he is down but also backing him to regain form. It is like the cricket side. The respect for the old warriors generally sees them play on longer than they should.

I doubt that very much.
He would still have a lot of credits from being captain inside the group. We may not rate him as a great captain from the outside but he has been the guy trying to hold them all together after a difficult period and they would be backing him in to find some form. It will continue to wane if his form stays the same but unlike us on the outside the love takes a bit longer to wear off as far as the players go.
Scott knows they players have a decent amount of respect for him.
It will come to a head at some stage but he was always going to last 5 or 6 rounds minimum. Right now the players would know he is down but also backing him to regain form. It is like the cricket side. The respect for the old warriors generally sees them play on longer than they should.
A bit of a crack at a light hearted joke.

I do find it concerning we seem to take these guys further beyond the point they should than other clubs do.

Myers, TBC, Jobe (admittedly would have been poor optics to retire him post-ban), heppell.

A bit of a crack at a light hearted joke.

I do find it concerning we seem to take these guys further beyond the point they should than other clubs do.

Myers, TBC, Jobe (admittedly would have been poor optics to retire him post-ban), heppell.
I am not sure we do it worse than other clubs to be honest. Should the Tigers still be playing Jack ?

Going early because lunch with the in-laws. Happy egg day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back